SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

Where are you guys staying?
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=10515
Page 1 of 1

Author:  SteveSpikes [ Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Where are you guys staying?

Well -- since the Gen Con 2011 launched with badge Pre-registration on Sunday, and the Housing Lottery opening yesterday (Tuesday), I wanted to start this thread.

I will be staying at the Hyatt (my second choice this year) again -- Wednesday - Sunday, but I was shooting for the Westin this year. Oh well. A room's a room -- right

Author:  dnemiller [ Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where are you guys staying?

Staying wherever Gencon assigns us.

Author:  dalsiandon [ Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where are you guys staying?

Haven't started to even look yet. Prolly go with one of Rays rooms again. It worked out well last year. Maybe it'll be me and Jim again.

Author:  billiv15 [ Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where are you guys staying?

dnemiller wrote:
Staying wherever Gencon assigns us.


And to add to that, where ever Dean tells me I'm staying :)

Author:  gunther [ Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Where are you guys staying?

billiv15 wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
Staying wherever Gencon assigns us.


And to add to that, where ever Dean tells me I'm staying :)


With you guys there. I hope we have more room than last year. It was crazy.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where are you guys staying?

No idea yet. It's just me and Shawn again this year, so we've contemplated staying out of town on the cheap, but I really like staying downtown so I've been dragging my feet.

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where are you guys staying?

SteveSpikes wrote:
Well -- since the Gen Con 2011 launched with badge Pre-registration on Sunday, and the Housing Lottery opening yesterday (Tuesday), I wanted to start this thread.

I will be staying at the Hyatt (my second choice this year) again -- Wednesday - Sunday, but I was shooting for the Westin this year. Oh well. A room's a room -- right


Just out of curiosity - why is Westin your #1 choice? Isn't the Marriot Downtown also connected to the convention center and actually closer to the SWM end?

Author:  SteveSpikes [ Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Where are you guys staying?

TimmerB123 wrote:
SteveSpikes wrote:
Well -- since the Gen Con 2011 launched with badge Pre-registration on Sunday, and the Housing Lottery opening yesterday (Tuesday), I wanted to start this thread.

I will be staying at the Hyatt (my second choice this year) again -- Wednesday - Sunday, but I was shooting for the Westin this year. Oh well. A room's a room -- right


Just out of curiosity - why is Westin your #1 choice? Isn't the Marriot Downtown also connected to the convention center and actually closer to the SWM end?

According to the Gen Con hotel guide, the Westin is cheaper this year at $178/night v. $189/night at the Hyatt or the new J.W. Marriott -- I was quoted $199/night, over the phone, by the Housing Bureau for the J.W. Marriott. Even the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown is $188/night.
You do the math. Don't forget to add 17% tax.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/