logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: A little help
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:24 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Okay, I was offered a trade on Thursday, Sept. 3 at 10:53 am. I accepted the trade, sending the other party my address at 11:30 am the same day.

The pm is no longer in my outbox, instead moving to the sent messages folder. The other party was on Sept. 3 at 4:09 pm, and hasn't been on since.

So, it's 96+ hours later. I know once you've exchanged addresses, you can't go back, but since a) they never gave me their address and b) they have had 4 days to respond, would I be breaking any rules by sending the other party a pm stating that the deal is off? I kinda want to be able to trade and not wait so long.

:?:

Post subject: Re: A little help
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:50 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

PM me the info and I can see what i can do.

~F
madslaust wrote:
Okay, I was offered a trade on Thursday, Sept. 3 at 10:53 am. I accepted the trade, sending the other party my address at 11:30 am the same day.

The pm is no longer in my outbox, instead moving to the sent messages folder. The other party was on Sept. 3 at 4:09 pm, and hasn't been on since.

So, it's 96+ hours later. I know once you've exchanged addresses, you can't go back, but since a) they never gave me their address and b) they have had 4 days to respond, would I be breaking any rules by sending the other party a pm stating that the deal is off? I kinda want to be able to trade and not wait so long.

:?:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:56 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Sent to you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:14 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, to be honest, it's a holiday weekend. Lots of people may not have been around. Maybe it was somebody who was going to Dragon*Con or PAX or on a family trip this weekend or whatever.

If you have a better deal that has come along, then shouldn't be too big of a deal for you to break off this one and go with the other one. But if by some chance the other guy has shipped his side of the trade already, then it would be up to you to either mail back that mini, or find another piece to send the trade that you had accepted.

Personally, 96 hours would be short for me. :P I'm lucky if I get trades sent out within a week. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:30 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:
Well, to be honest, it's a holiday weekend. Lots of people may not have been around. Maybe it was somebody who was going to Dragon*Con or PAX or on a family trip this weekend or whatever.

If you have a better deal that has come along, then shouldn't be too big of a deal for you to break off this one and go with the other one. But if by some chance the other guy has shipped his side of the trade already, then it would be up to you to either mail back that mini, or find another piece to send the trade that you had accepted.

Personally, 96 hours would be short for me. :P I'm lucky if I get trades sent out within a week. ;)

There is no other deal, I just wanted to know if I would get a bad ref for cancelling a trade when he never gave me an address and didn't respond within 116 hours after getting a pm from me.
:oops:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:39 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

LoboStele wrote:

That's still at least 3 weeks before Madman. Something in that Cincinnati Water supply I think.......

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:40 pm 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010

if that was me i never got a reply i was the one that wanted the roron i remember because i offered the trade the day after my b-day