All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Skeeve finally sounds off
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:15 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Name: Jay

LGS: Reader Copies

Group: We have anywhere from 4-12 different players with about 4-5 regularly showing up. We play on Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons. (SWM is not the only game we play, but is the most common.) We play almost all casual and like to try new formats and anything new to keep the game fresh and exciting.

How I got started: I played a demo when Rebel Storm came out at the place I bought my comics. I loved the game and pieces. I bought the starter and several boosters. I could not find anyone playing it in my area. I bought two boosters of clone strike and then got frustrated, put all my minis in storage and didn't think about it for awhile. I kept buying my comics at the same place and then SSB came out. The ships looked great and I decided to buy a started. I found out that there was a small group that was playing SSB and decided to check it out. I began to play SSB with them. Then I found out they also played SWM and decided to buy some A&E boosters. I was hooked from them on and have never looked back.

Personal Info: Married for 11 years with 2 daughters 6 & 5

My Screen Name: Skeeve is the main character in a set of books written by Robert Asprin called the Myth series. They are short, humorous fantasy adventure books. I have always loved them and have used the characters names before.

I am very excited about the future of SWM. I am a casual player and think that the game is in good hands with the people here at Gamers. Some people would disagree with me. I would tell those people that people here at Gamers love this game as much and probably more than someone like me. The last thing they want to do is ruin the game.

I will get off my soapbox now :D

I love this game and look forward to the future of Casual Play, Competitive Play and especially the V-sets!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Post subject: Re: Skeeve finally sounds off
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:23 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

good stuff and glad to get some info!!!

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

Post subject: Re: Skeeve finally sounds off
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:46 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

skeeve3000 wrote:
Name: Jay

LGS: Reader Copies

Group: We have anywhere from 4-12 different players with about 4-5 regularly showing up. We play on Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons. (SWM is not the only game we play, but is the most common.) We play almost all casual and like to try new formats and anything new to keep the game fresh and exciting.

How I got started: I played a demo when Rebel Storm came out at the place I bought my comics. I loved the game and pieces. I bought the starter and several boosters. I could not find anyone playing it in my area. I bought two boosters of clone strike and then got frustrated, put all my minis in storage and didn't think about it for awhile. I kept buying my comics at the same place and then SSB came out. The ships looked great and I decided to buy a started. I found out that there was a small group that was playing SSB and decided to check it out. I began to play SSB with them. Then I found out they also played SWM and decided to buy some A&E boosters. I was hooked from them on and have never looked back.

Personal Info: Married for 11 years with 2 daughters 6 & 5

My Screen Name: Skeeve is the main character in a set of books written by Robert Asprin called the Myth series. They are short, humorous fantasy adventure books. I have always loved them and have used the characters names before.

I am very excited about the future of SWM. I am a casual player and think that the game is in good hands with the people here at Gamers. Some people would disagree with me. I would tell those people that people here at Gamers love this game as much and probably more than someone like me. The last thing they want to do is ruin the game.

I will get off my soapbox now :D

I love this game and look forward to the future of Casual Play, Competitive Play and especially the V-sets!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Jay,

I'm glad to see another SWM gamer from the Hoosier state.
I would like to extend to you (and your group) an (open) invite to join the group I hang out with.
We play every Thursday at the Barnes & Noble in Carmel (in the cafe) from 7:00 - 10:00 (closing). However, if you come early, games could pop up at any time. We usually play casually, but if the mood hits us, we'll get a little competitive. ;)

Barnes & Noble -- Carmel
14709 US 31 North
Carmel, IN 46032
Tel. 317.844.2501

Our group belongs to a larger group of Star Wars fans, known as the Indy Knights.
You can check us out on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=6032348233
and
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=156423071663 (Gaming)

If we don't meet up in Carmel, I'm sure we'll see each other in August at Gen Con.