logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:04 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I've just recently returned from DragonCon where I played my very first games of SWM in a sealed booster tournament.

It was TONS of fun! (Tied for third!!)

Anyways, name is Joshua. I live in the northeast/Buford GA area. I hope to find some more time, work schedule permitting, for my girlfriend and I to head over to supergames in Roswell, GA to play in some more tourneys.

Thanks to those running the event and to those playing!

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the site! Feel free to look around. Be sure to check out the fun section viewforum.php?f=152. We have a ton of miniature events going on right now that work great for beginners and you play online for free on Vassal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Joshua,

This is Chuck, the guy running the events at Dragon*Con. It was great to have you and your girlfriend play in the event and I'm glad you both had a good time! We'll be playing this weekend, Saturday, at SuperGames in Roswell. The tournament is scheduled for 12:00 but I don't anticipate getting started until 1:00pm. It will be a 200 point constructed event and I'll be bringing my collection of miniatures with me. You are both welcomed to use my miniatures to build your squads and the other players will be more than happy to help you both in that regard, prior to actually playing.

We hope to see you both there!

- Chuck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Sadly I will not be able to make it this saturday. I will be at work waiting for produce delivery drivers to return wishing I could be playing SWM.

I've looked up the LGS that you guys play at and it's only about 45min from where I live. So hopefully my gf and I can find some time soon to swing by. Does that store have other nights where you guys get together and play, be it tournament or just for fun?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:48 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Josh,

What we do is alternate Saturdays and Sundays to accomodate as many people as possible. This weekend we're playing on Saturday and next weekend we'll be playing on Sunday, etc. If you are on Facebook, consider joining our gamer group there. I send out our events schedule through the group functions so you'll always know when we're playing next and what format we'll be playing.

If you and Sandee can make it out there next week, we'd be thrilled to have you both!

We've been talking about setting up a casual event during the week, in the evenings when people get home from work, where we play non-competitive fun games only (which always tickles me... of course everyone is going to try to win... how is that considered "non-competitive"?) such as 300 point constructed, faction rules don't apply type games. Basically a night each week where everyone can break out and have fun without being super competitive about it. Our recent schedule (GenCon followed by Dragon*Con) has made it difficult to get that started but, now that we're through all of that, it's something that I plan to start working on.

I do have a major event in the works for mid to late October. If everything comes together like I hope it does it should be several things:

1. Very tough
2. Very intense
3. Extremely worthwhile
4. More fun than you can shake a stick at

I'll have more details as soon as I get things lined up but, let's just say that if you're a Star Wars Miniatures player who is near Atlanta... you won't want to miss it. :)

- Chuck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:12 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Welcome to the boards. If you have any questions just ask. Most of the folks around here are pretty freindly