logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: A belated introduction
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:18 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I have posted on this site since just after it began. However, I eschewed the protocol of introducing myself. And that was rather rude of me. Its like owing a small amount of money to college and never ever paying it back because they never had a record of the transaction. And that reminds me I need to do that.

SO... before ADD takes me again, I reside in Richmond, VA. I have met Matt, the awardwinning HOF'er that is JediCartographer (Name drop... :) ).

I haven't played much in the past year due to a new job and different schedule that has taken my most needed time for the GVL (sorry Grambo). I forsee that changing in at the end of the month so I should be playing more regularly either at NSLGS (not-so-local Gaming Store?) or on Vassal as I will be getting up at a later time.

As for my name, it is Cory. That's to the contrary of occasional name I have been given: "Smart***"

My interests are in both the Minis game and the RPG. I am having some problems adapting to the RPG due to the lack of players in the area to gleam information and help in both character creation and game play.

And, I am also a cosplayer for anime conventions. Not as relevent to the nature of this site but with all the Star Wars fans out there that wear costume, I would like to share that I do another version.

Although, I am not on enough, my Xbox tag is PushButtonFrank. Its an allusion to TV's Frank from MST3K fame. It also describes some of my game play techniques for fighting games.

So, now that we are all friends and know each other, could I borrow 1 dollar? :)

Kidding, of course.

Post subject: Re: A belated introduction
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:25 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hahaha, that was hilarious. Glad you finally decided to follow the rules. :P

And no shame on being a costumer outside of Star Wars. My wife and I both got into costuming from doing SW stuff, but have since branched out to other things. Our most recent endeavors have been into the Resident Evil realm. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Which anime do you cosplay for?

I'm a, dare i say it, BIG FAN of anime also (my freinds call me the "Otaku" :D ).

Look forward to seeing you on vassal in the future!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:45 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Anime Costumes:
Ebisu, Shikamaru, Aoba, Genma, Hayate: Naruto
Walter Dolenz (old): Hellsing
Kyoraku, Ukitake (debuting Memorial Day): Bleach

Video Games:
Brad Wong Costume 2: DoA4

I have to play the older characters. Something odd (or even more odd) for a guy my age playing someone 15 YO. I am not Michael Jackson.

I do have a link to my pictures down there in the "Holloween 2008" thread in the off-topic areas if you are curious.

LobeStele:
As for Resident Evil, love watching the games and love the costumes. I missed out on a picture of Leon and Shaun (from Shaun of the Dead--Posters available, inquire privately).

I do remember joking with one guy that I loved his character in the movie. He said, "I wasn't in the movie." And replied, "I know! WTHockeySticks."