SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=9401
Page 1 of 6

Author:  billiv15 [ Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

It's a dark time in the galaxy.
Emperor Palapatine and his new Apprentice Darth Vader have consolidated power from the Old Republic into their new Empire. Palpatine has sent his apprentice all over the galaxy to hunt down and destroy the remaining Jedi. Remnant fringe groups still fight the Empire in local skirmishes using guerrilla tactics, but are more of an annoyance than a real threat.

You are a small band of elite fighters who have taken up arms against the Empire, both jedi and soldier alike. While you are a rag tag group of warriors from different backgrounds, planents, and training, you have bonded in the short time since the Emperor has taken over and have heard word that a small fleet has been sent by the Empire to subjugate the remaining hold outs on Felucia. Your team has decided to join the forces on Felucia to either help repell the invasion, or if not, evacuate any survivors.

You have 3 Correlian Class Light Freighters at your desposal, with some, "Special Modifications" to keep them fast, light, and are able to carry up to 100 passengers in total.

I am trusting you all with this critical mission. If those who defend freedom in the Galaxy do not join together on this day, then it will remain a dark dark time forever....

Ok, so story out of the way, Matt and I are willing to take up to 15 players. All characters must be lvl 20 characters. You may only have gear listed in the books, but must use the money your character would have generated only by leveling to purchase it. Since you are all experienced characters, you would have had time to arrange any special modifications and tech advancements that were available in the Galaxy up through the Clone Wars. You will not be allowed to be encumbered in this battle, so think carefully about the total weight of what you carry. You are a quick, light, talented team, so you won't be carrying a lot of heavy gear on this mission.

First 15 to sign up (my discretion) will be the participants - although I am willing to stretch that limit if necessary. We will plan to start playing at 6PM EST in Indy, location to be announced - so you must be able to attend Wed evening at Gencon to play :)

You are welcome to choose any class and race of character (other than droid), and build as you see fit. Please sign up first, then update the post with your character stats, your gear, and your story.

Let me know if there are any questions, and know that not everyone will make it out alive :)

Sign Up:
1. Dennis Beard
2. Jon Brook
3. Trevor Payton
4. Eric
5. Phil
6. Brad
7. Shawn
8. Jim
9. Matt F
10. Gunther
11. Matt M
12. Chris S
13. Matt
14. Don?
15. Dean?
16. Lou
17. James

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

I'm in for this!

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

Ill play

Author:  LoboStele [ Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

IF I make it there for Wednesday night this year, I'm definitely in. But don't save a spot for me I guess.

One question though.....Nobles are the only class that actually GAIN gold through leveling up. All other classes are just stuck with whatever credits you get at Lvl 1 starting level. Might be better to say that each player can use X amount of money for purchasing items. Perhaps whatever a max level noble would have, divided by 6 (typical group size)?

Author:  billiv15 [ Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

Ah, well we've always played it that the amount of money you start with is what you would gain each level as you level up. (Abstracting doing quests, jobs, etc). So just do your starting money and multiply by 20. It isn't meant to be a hard limit, but I just don't want people showing up with 13 tricked out droids or some garbage :)

Author:  thereisnotry [ Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

I'll be playing for sure. Thanks for running this! (And since Eric/Ruhk is riding with me, I'm sure he'll sign up too.) For my character, I'm thinking of a Cathar Scout/Infiltrator (unarmed combat expert). He's basically a ninja who is quick and stealthy, and so it sounds like he'll be useful to the group in this mission. It's basically a character similar to the one I used last year in Lobo's session. I'll update this post with stats and backstory soon.

EDIT: Quick question: How shall we calculate our starting ability scores? 30-point buy?

Author:  billiv15 [ Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

thereisnotry wrote:
I'll be playing for sure. Thanks for running this! (And since Eric/Ruhk is riding with me, I'm sure he'll sign up too.) For my character, I'm thinking of a Cathar Scout/Infiltrator (unarmed combat expert). He's basically a ninja who is quick and stealthy, and so it sounds like he'll be useful to the group in this mission. It's basically a character similar to the one I used last year in Lobo's session. I'll update this post with stats and backstory soon.

EDIT: Quick question: How shall we calculate our starting ability scores? 30-point buy?


30 point buy, or if you want to roll the dice, that's fine too.

Author:  thereisnotry [ Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

I decided to roll: 11, 17, 16, 14, 11, 14. I'll build from that.

Author:  dnemiller [ Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

Can I maybe sign up???

I want to play but not really sure if I will have the time as I maybe having to get stuff ready. I dont want take anyone's spot but if I have the time I would like to play.

Author:  billiv15 [ Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

Dean, you get a spot even if we are full :)

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

Haven't rolled up my character but I have his background: he is a Jedi Master who is fanatical about the idea that "the Force is for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack." So much so that when the Clone Wars began, he left the Jedi Order. He opposed the creation of the clone army, believing that the Jedi could serve the Republic AND the Separatists equally. He didn't believe that Dooku was a Sith, even after speaking to Master Yoda about it. And even if it was true, what good did it accomplish to actively lead the fight in a civil war against whole planets and species who were not Sith? So, he gathered as many other Jedi as were willing to come with him, and he established a neutral temple for Jedi. The location wasn't a secret, something he regretted when a Clone battalion showed up in his system and began a bombardment. Many Jedi died, but they sacrificed themselves to see that Veltoon escaped alive.

After the destruction of his order, Veltoon began looking at things somewhat differently. Fighting the Empire and its leader was an idea he could handle - it is in the defense of the Jedi Order. A Sith cannot be allowed to rule the galaxy, no matter the cost. So he began looking for people who are fighting the Sith and joined them as fast as he could.

Author:  Disturbed1 [ Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Haven't rolled up my character but I have his background: he is a Jedi Master who is fanatical about the idea that "the Force is for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack." So much so that when the Clone Wars began, he left the Jedi Order. He opposed the creation of the clone army, believing that the Jedi could serve the Republic AND the Separatists equally. He didn't believe that Dooku was a Sith, even after speaking to Master Yoda about it. And even if it was true, what good did it accomplish to actively lead the fight in a civil war against whole planets and species who were not Sith? So, he gathered as many other Jedi as were willing to come with him, and he established a neutral temple for Jedi. The location wasn't a secret, something he regretted when a Clone battalion showed up in his system and began a bombardment. Many Jedi died, but they sacrificed themselves to see that Veltoon escaped alive.

After the destruction of his order, Veltoon began looking at things somewhat differently. Fighting the Empire and its leader was an idea he could handle - it is in the defense of the Jedi Order. A Sith cannot be allowed to rule the galaxy, no matter the cost. So he began looking for people who are fighting the Sith and joined them as fast as he could.


So, would this make him one of the "Lost Twenty"?

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

Disturbed1 wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Haven't rolled up my character but I have his background: he is a Jedi Master who is fanatical about the idea that "the Force is for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack." So much so that when the Clone Wars began, he left the Jedi Order. He opposed the creation of the clone army, believing that the Jedi could serve the Republic AND the Separatists equally. He didn't believe that Dooku was a Sith, even after speaking to Master Yoda about it. And even if it was true, what good did it accomplish to actively lead the fight in a civil war against whole planets and species who were not Sith? So, he gathered as many other Jedi as were willing to come with him, and he established a neutral temple for Jedi. The location wasn't a secret, something he regretted when a Clone battalion showed up in his system and began a bombardment. Many Jedi died, but they sacrificed themselves to see that Veltoon escaped alive.

After the destruction of his order, Veltoon began looking at things somewhat differently. Fighting the Empire and its leader was an idea he could handle - it is in the defense of the Jedi Order. A Sith cannot be allowed to rule the galaxy, no matter the cost. So he began looking for people who are fighting the Sith and joined them as fast as he could.


So, would this make him one of the "Lost Twenty"?


No, he did not leave the Jedi Order. He just started his own branch. Sorry, that was poor word choice earlier on my part.

Author:  dnemiller [ Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

Hey Bill I am checking with our hotel to see if we can get a room to use for the RPG so we dont get moved around like last year.

Author:  Ruhk [ Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

I would like to play as well.

EDIT:
Rolled for my character:
15, 14, 13, 16, 15, 11

Author:  Joruus Cbaoth [ Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

I'd love to play! Sign me up! :)

Author:  dalsiandon [ Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

I have to find out what time I'm landing, I'd love to play and I'm sure Jonathan would to. Oh a dark times character, I'm thinking......hum......

Author:  Ruhk [ Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

Do you want us to send/post characters for approval? Mine is already done.. though it may need a further tweak or two.. hmmm.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

I would love to get in on this, but I can't bail on Shawn...so if there's room for both of us....?

Author:  billiv15 [ Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread

Yes, please edit your first post (or make another if you want) with your character. I'm not so much looking to approve (although if something is really out there I might), as to let everyone read over the stories of each character - since its a one time session, it makes it a little fun to know with whom you are going to battle.

Page 1 of 6 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/