logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:49 pm 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010

You know what sign me up not as an alt. Im ready to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:38 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

jonnyb815 wrote:
Edited
I think your short on feats. looks like you took 7 levels of Solider giving you 6 feats(1,2,3,4,6,6bonus) + one for being human thats 7. Bonus at 9,12,15,18 thats 11 total i only see like 9. You got pistols,rifles,Armor for being solider.
yes you get 4 shots.

You get a plus 1 for 2 Ability scores at level 4,8,12,16,20.

Well, I'll be damned....Jonny was right. I am missing feat(s)...One of them is obviously Weapon Focus(pistols) which I accounted for in character creation but didnt write down anywhere. The second one, I just missed completely. I will take Collateral Damage for that one from Scum and Villany.

Whoa...how long has it been two ability scores per 4 levels? I've been doing the 1/4 since the beginning...and I tell my students to read more closely. :) I added 2 points to Int (so he can finally have Mando'a, which he should have had all along) and 3 more to Const.

Edit: Not sure if we are using it, but it seems as if we are part of the Rebel Alliance, so I calculated my organization score (obviously without the story modifiers such as Valor and Capture/Kills) and it was a 20...ironically enough a Captain...maybe I should have simply said "Rex is no more."

Interestingly enough, the modifiers don't grant any bonuses for Jedi levels and Dennis' character is likely the only one I would defer to, as I still hold a high degree of reverence for the Jedi(and habit)...I just don't trust them much...or anyone for that matter. Obviously though, Tal Vode still has enough of Rex' programming in him to follow most orders, he just has to be clear on who is giving them...

It occurs to me that, even if we don't, my character would still have somewhat of a loose and inate idea himself of where everyone ranks(old habits die hard):

Tal Vode: Captain (20)
Charass: 1st Lieutenant (17)
Moose: 2nd Lieutenant (15)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:45 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Just remember, the Plus 1 you get for ability scores at 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20, you can't use both points on the same ability score. You can add 1 point to DEX at lvl 4 and 1 point at Lvl 8 in order to get another +1 to your modifier, but you can't add 2 points to DEX at Lvl 4.

Not sure how you did it, but just thought I'd point that out.

Just to keep all folks in the loop, the character I'm planning to create will be a Republic Commando template, with hopefully at least 1 or 2 followers for a 'squad'. I haven't tried building one of those before, but it looks like a fun build to try out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:15 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

@TCW, how does Tal make 4 attacks a round? I know Triple = 3.. Dual = 2.. does the combination of Triple and DWM = 4?

@Bill, were needing or have already, some additional level 20 PCs.. for players that may join us at last minute or for those that forget their sheet.. etc ?

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:23 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Ruhk wrote:
@TCW, how does Tal make 4 attacks a round? I know Triple = 3.. Dual = 2.. does the combination of Triple and DWM = 4?

@Bill, were needing or have already, some additional level 20 PCs.. for players that may join us at last minute or for those that forget their sheet.. etc ?

Any offhand weapon or double-ended weapon grants you an extra attack. 1+ the 3 granted from triple = 4. Sorry, I assumed that since he was inherently Rex...people would know he was using both Pistols at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:26 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

LoboStele wrote:
Just remember, the Plus 1 you get for ability scores at 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20, you can't use both points on the same ability score. You can add 1 point to DEX at lvl 4 and 1 point at Lvl 8 in order to get another +1 to your modifier, but you can't add 2 points to DEX at Lvl 4.

Not sure how you did it, but just thought I'd point that out.

Just to keep all folks in the loop, the character I'm planning to create will be a Republic Commando template, with hopefully at least 1 or 2 followers for a 'squad'. I haven't tried building one of those before, but it looks like a fun build to try out.

I saw that in one of the books and briefly toyed with pulling some of Rex's 501st underlings with him. The only reason I didn't was I figured we had enough with 15 players. I'll be curious to see how it turns out, I think one of them gets to be like level 15-16 or something crazy like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:38 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Aha!
so extra weapon in extra hand = ability to make additional attack.
never made that connection really

DWM III negates the penatly for that offhand attack to be 0, while allowing an additional attack to be made during a full round (full attack) action.
Triple + Multi-Attack Prof. x5 = 3 attacks with no penalty..
hmm. Neat.

Of course, my minis mind was going "Of course he can make 4 attacks, its Rex.. double/twin, duh!" :)

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:43 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Edit Ruhk beat me to it.
From my understanding

DWM=2 well it just reduces the -10 to 0 its not really an extra attack.
then double and triple are extra attacks

So I see 4 attacks.

Side note. I was thinking about taking Double over Improved Rapid Strike So i could move and do 3 attacks then my swift for 4 but thought it was too much to try and do. I could of took Double for IRS then another Flurry of blows.I would of dropped a few Solider/feats to go another Flurry of blowsx3 but it was just too many feats/talents for my likes. So we all know I am wrong most of the time but at least I thought it would work.

@Lobo I looked at the followers and never thought it was worth it. But again there was one Class I though it might be worth trying I think it was Solider I could be wrong though. There was a big draw back that made me forget about even trying to do it. But they do look like fun on paper.
Squad ET stuff in GAW that makes it so you and your allies are a squad looks like fun but you need like a 13-15 CHA to make them worth it.But they look better than what the officer/Follower stuff can do from what it looks like on paper. Its like mini CE's for your squad and YOU.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:58 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Ruhk wrote:
Aha!
so extra weapon in extra hand = ability to make additional attack.
never made that connection really

DWM III negates the penatly for that offhand attack to be 0, while allowing an additional attack to be made during a full round (full attack) action.
Triple + Multi-Attack Prof. x5 = 3 attacks with no penalty..
hmm. Neat.

Of course, my minis mind was going "Of course he can make 4 attacks, its Rex.. double/twin, duh!" :)

Actually, I dropped Multi-Attack to x4 to add Mobile Attack, but initially yes I had 4 attacks with no penalty. So my Full Attack option is now at a -2 from +27, but now I can run behind a wall when I am done. :) I'm glad I added the extra power source to my weaposn though. With Rapid Shot and Collateral Damage I could conceivably blow through 12 charges in one round, half a normal power pack.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:37 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The easy way to think about it is that any time you are holding two weapons, you can make attacks with both of them as a full round action, but at a -10 penalty. You don't need any feats at all in order to do that. Dual Weapon Mastery I just reduces the penalty to -5, and then DWM II reduces to -2, etc. Double/Triple attack allows you to attack multiple times with your primary weapon.

EDIT: majorly beat to it, lol. That's what I get for walking away during the middle of writing a post. :P

As for the Republic Commandos, yeah, I think the followers available to the Soldier class through the Talents/Feats in the Clone Wars campaign guide seem to be pretty solid. You basically build a Soldier, and then the followers give you bonuses like on your attack or damage roll. We'll see how it works out.

@ TCW: When you say 'Mobile Attack', do you really mean the 'Running Attack' feat? The only feat that I know of that would allow you to make all 4 attacks and then move afterwards, would be 'Accelerated Strike' (KOTOR CG), and that only works once per encounter. Remember, using Triple/DWMIII still counts as a full-round action (and actually, i'm not certain how that works, but I'm almost thinking that you can't do both anyways, because they would have to be separate full-round actions to activate each feat....not sure how that works).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:29 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Per page 39 of the KOTOR Guide:

It's a Gunslinger Talent called Mobile Attack (pistols): Allows me to move away as a free action after a full attack.

This is why I carry digital copies of the guides...digging through each and every one to build characters got ridiculous back in DnD 3.0

I think the drawback of followers you might have been thinking of, Jonny, is their lackluster HP's...30 each at 20 level.

Last edited by The_Celestial_Warrior on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:36 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:

It's a Gunslinger Talent called Mobile Attack (pistols): Allows me to move away as a free action after a full attack.

This is why I carry digital copies of the guides...digging through each and every one to build characters got ridiculous back in DnD 3.0

Oh wow, cool. Hadn't seen that one before.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:10 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:

Oh wow, cool. Hadn't seen that one before.

Yeah, it's a great talent. I had built a Gunslinger a while back, and he was pretty cool. With good feat & talent selections, those guys can put out some significant damage, and with their mobility and ultra-high Reflex Def, they're very difficult to hit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:05 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well those of you who can see Galactic Customs photos or my Facebook photos page, the Gran Jedi Weapon Master custom is the piece I am using for my character.

I will work up the stats this weekend.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:10 pm 

Hey I have two friends who are not on the forms who I am going to gencon with who want to play. Is that ok?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:37 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Sure Gunther.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:52 pm 

billiv15 wrote:
Sure Gunther.

Thank you. There names are Matt Miles and Chris Sherman.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:40 am 

Ok, we are officially full of PCs. Anyone else who wants to come is more than welcome, and I can give them NPCs to run.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:01 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Doh....meant to mention that James Naegele would want in on it as well. Ah well, we'll both prep Lvl 20 characters and show up, and just hang out or whatever . :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:36 am 

LoboStele wrote:
Doh....meant to mention that James Naegele would want in on it as well. Ah well, we'll both prep Lvl 20 characters and show up, and just hang out or whatever . :)

Actually, I as anticipating that if you ended up coming, James would as well. So not a problem, he's more than welcome. Also, if any of the signed up people have friends coming with them, as I said, I will have something for them to do anyway. And if someone really wants to make a character and play it, then by all means, I'd allow it.

I'm not going to be overly strict on the numbers, its just a one time session that's meant to be a bunch of nerds goofing off (and killing Lobo's character ASAP). But I don't want it to get carried away either and have like 35 people lol. I've got a lot of NPCs that people can run (in terms of talking, attacking, and so on) - so shouldn't be an issue for anyone who shows up to have a role.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next