logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Gencon Wed Night RPG Lvl 20 Sign Up Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:22 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Maximum credits...!??!! Dang...back to the drawing board.... I can definately fill that extra modification slot I had left over...I think I gave myself something like 22500 over 10 levels. I might be able to do something with that extra 7500

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:31 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Maximum credits...!??!! Dang...back to the drawing board.... I can definately fill that extra modification slot I had left over...I think I gave myself something like 22500 over 10 levels. I might be able to do something with that extra 7500

Actually, looking back, i'm not sure that Bill said specifically to start with our Max credits, but he said to just take our starting credits and multiply by 20. So....maybe I made an assumption there. :P :lol: Too late though, GM. I already built my character. Not changing him now. :P

On a more serious note.....Turns out that James will not be able to attend GenCon at all this year. He just switched jobs/locations, and the new place has him work 7 days a week, 12 hour days, for the next 3 months, and has apparently canceled all vacation time that he had previously scheduled! So, count him out for this. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:47 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

that is too bad.. I'm sure there will be some hover-ers to take his place

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:49 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

LoboStele wrote:

Actually, looking back, i'm not sure that Bill said specifically to start with our Max credits, but he said to just take our starting credits and multiply by 20. So....maybe I made an assumption there. :P :lol: Too late though, GM. I already built my character. Not changing him now. :P

I did not say that, but I will allow it :)

Jonny, you are not allowed to take minions. Individual turns will be limited to an absolute 2 minute maximum, including any followers. There are 15+ people playing, and your turns without a follower are insanely long. As it is, I know you will struggle to finish in 2 minutes anyways, because anything weird (your entire build I assume) will have to be explained, and if you don't finish in time, you lose the rest of your turn (GM prerogative).

And to be fair, I debated about telling Aaron he couldn't have them either, but he already made them before Matt and I decided against the no-follower rule. He will still have to finish all of his guys in under 2 minutes per round however.

Personally, I'm not sure having followers makes much sense for the character you wrote anyway, so there is always the story reason as well.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:55 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
Personally, I'm not sure having followers makes much sense for the character you wrote anyway, so there is always the story reason as well.

You talking to me or Johnny there?

I should be able to do my turns fairly quick. My Followers only move whenever I move. Only 1 character out of the 4 can make attacks, as I have to give up my Standard Action in order to let one of them attack. In general though, I'll mostly be using the Squad Actions talent, which basically just means that I get bonus damage, attack, or autofire area, depending on how many of my followers have LOS on my target. So, shouldn't add too much time to my actions.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:06 pm 

That comment was to Jonny. Read his character story. Any old followers would have abandoned him when he had to run for the hills. Crime Lord followers are not "friends". They would not follow a crime lord in hiding without power.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:26 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

nevermind I forgot to add in my 18 hps starting/toughness and forgot to add in my CON thats why I was only sitting at 105 hps. I knew something was off when I only had 105 hps. It wasnt that I wanted a Minon its that I didnt want to die in one shot thinking I only had 100 hp when i posted. Yes Bill a minion doesn't fit my character story at all.
203 hps looks a lot better and I even added a extra second wind which i might take off.

If you think my build is too weird which It might be but I really like the idea I can just go to my Melee beat build. I am working on making the melee guy simple which he is not right now.

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:28 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Johnny, you just have to give my character a reason to use Harm's Way to keep you safe. :P That's why Noble's have such low HP, because they are supposed to depend on the rest of the group. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:34 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

well i have a build in bodyguard it just can hurt my allies or enemies
vs non adj attacks, if there is someone adj to me I can move one square away making the enemy target the ally or enemy that was adj to me(aoo if they want). Thats the only Reaction I have that isnt once per round or once per encounter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:02 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

jonnyb815 wrote:
nevermind I forgot to add in my 18 hps starting/toughness and forgot to add in my CON thats why I was only sitting at 105 hps. I knew something was off when I only had 105 hps. It wasnt that I wanted a Minon its that I didnt want to die in one shot thinking I only had 100 hp when i posted. Yes Bill a minion doesn't fit my character story at all.
203 hps looks a lot better and I even added a extra second wind which i might take off.

If you think my build is too weird which It might be but I really like the idea I can just go to my Melee beat build. I am working on making the melee guy simple which he is not right now.

Where's is the build? And why does a Noble have an 18 Constitution??, which is the only way to have climbed that many HPs without the Toughness feat (which is a waste on a Noble).

Starting with Rex's build has really crimped my character. All those levels of Soldier, but I only have 215 HP. Rex started with 90 at level 10.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:24 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I am still working out a few things. I forgot to add the 18 hps at level 1 I start with for being a noble thats what i was getting at.I have a 16 con level 20x3 thats 60 then 18 for starting then another 20 for toughness.Thanks Brad I might drop to a 14 for con that might help out the problem I am having. Did you start 30 hps a solider starts with?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:59 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

jonnyb815 wrote:
I am still working out a few things. I forgot to add the 18 hps at level 1 I start with for being a noble thats what i was getting at.I have a 16 con level 20x3 thats 60 then 18 for starting then another 20 for toughness.Thanks Brad I might drop to a 14 for con that might help out the problem I am having. Did you start 30 hps a solider starts with?

I don't know. My first 10 levels were taken from the Clone Wars layout on Rex...he had 90.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:27 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Kiehl had a life. A good life. At least it was until Kiehl got a little too greedy. To the general public, Kiehl was the owner of a corporation and your typical businessman. To his 'associates' (The closest thing to friends to Kiehl) and business contacts, his corporation served as a front to more Evil practices. Behind that Kiehl reached for more than credits; he slowly gained control of the economics of the entire planet and even the government itself. In the end, though, it all came crashing down. He was exposed as a thief among thieves and was only able to escape imprisonment and worse because of his ability to blend in to any environment he found himself in.

Today Kiehl still leaves a wake of enemies and fleeced business partners. Nothing is safe around Kiehl; he'll gain the trust of those around him long enough to take from them what he wants.Despite that, in times of conflict he's also known as a resourceful ally. He'll use brains over brawn anyday, and is a natural leader. Were he not so despicable and instead used his talents for the good of those around him, Kiehl could be the kind of person men relied on in times of crisis.

Spoiler: show
Kiehl "Keel" CL 20

Medium Nagai [LOTF p.14]
Noble 5/Scoundrel 1/Scout 1/Crime Lord 5/Charlatan 5 /Corporate Agent 3/

Force 16
Init +16; Senses Perception +14
Languages Basic, Shyriiwook,Huttese,Jawa,Nagaian,Cheunh,Felucianese,High Galactic,Bothan,Duro,Bith,Rodian,Ryl
hp 197 ,Threshold 34
Defenses Ref 39 (flat-footed 37), Fort 35, Will 41

Defensive Specials
Immune +5 to Fortitude and Will Defense against any Use the Force checks
Can use Wis or Cha for Will Defense
Can use Int or Dex for Reflex Defense
+5 Ref Def vs attacks of opportunity
Command Cover(1),Dodge-+1 Ref Defense vs one enemy.
Improved Soft Cover- Swift, if adjacent to a creature, +2 Ref Def until your next turn or no longer adjacent

Attack
Ranged by weapon +15
Base Atk +11;Melee Atk +10
Blades +10,2d6+10(if damage beats Fort extra 1d6)
Blaster Pistol +15,3d6+11

Abilities Str 8 Dex 13, Con 16, Int 20, Wis 9, Cha 24
(Dex+2,Con-2,Cha+2 species)

Skills:Init +16, Endurance+18, Deception +22, Persuasion +27 (may reroll but must keep the result of the second reroll even if worse), Gather Information +22,Perception +14, Knowledge (GL,Tactics) +20, Knowledge (Bureaucracy) +25, Treat Injury+16, Use the Computer +20

Talents: Cast Suspicion[LOTF p.27], Friend or Foe[LOTF p.27], True Betrayal[LOTF p.28], Fools Luck[Core p.46], Innocuous[SV p.31], Improved Soft Cover[SV p.31],Treacherous[SV p.32],Evasion[Core p.50],Imply Ally 1[Core p.210], Imply Ally 2[Core p.210],Impose Hesitation[KOTOR p.43],Impose Confusion[KOTOR p.43],Notorious[Core p.210],Master Manipulator[UK p.29],Presence[Core p.43]

Feats: Point Blank Shot[Core p.87], Skill Focus(Persuasion,Knowlege Bureaucracy) [Core p.88], Unstoppable Force [CWCG p.31], Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons) [Core p.89],Toughness[Core p.88],Dodge[Core p.85],Force of Personality[GAW p.23],Recurring Success:Impose Confusion[GOI p.28],Linguist[Core p.86],Shake It Off[Core p.88],Mobility [Core p.86],Predictive Defense[GAW p.25],

Actions:

[spoiler]Swift actions
Cast Suspicion-Swift, one enemy in LOS loses all insight/morale bonuses on atk & can't be aided until end of your next turn
Innocuous-Swift, Deception v. Will Def in 6 sq & LOS target -5 Atk v. you until the start of your next turn
Improved Soft Cover-Swift, if adjacent to a creature, +2 Ref Def until your next turn or no longer adjacent
Shake it Off- can use two swift actions to go up the track +1
Imply Ally 1-Swift, ally moves normal speed, must move immediately or wasted, can use 3 times a turn ONLY CAN BE USED DURING HIS TURN.
Imply Ally 2-Two swifts, ally can make a standard or move action, immediately or wasted

Reactions
Treacherous-Reaction, if attacked and adj to someone other than the attacker you can make the attacker attack the other adjacent creature if you move 1 sq, can have Atk of Opp
Friend or Foe- Reaction, 1/turn when ally in LOS missed by ranged atk compare missed atk to adjacent enemy to see if it hits
Evasion-If hit by area damage take half damage if its a hit and no damage if its a miss

Standard Actions
True Betrayal- Standard, Persuasion v. Will Def of 1 enemy in LOS for them to attack who you choose, +5 if they're higher level
Presence- Persuasion as Intimidation as a standard action, not full-round
Impose Confusion-Standard, Persuasion 12sq cone v. Will target loses swif action on next & no full, 1/encounter lose stan action(Recurring Success)

Intimidation
Presence- Persuasion as Intimidation as a standard action, not full-round
Notorious-Reroll Persuasion for Intimidation Take best.
Master Manipulator-w/successful persuasion check make 2nd Persuasion of any type

Prestige Class Bonuses
Command Cover(2)-+1 on reflex for each ally that is adj
Score- can take a full round action observe an enemy so he can to reroll deception vs that enemy for the rest of the encounter.
Swindle- Can use Deception check over Stealth for pick pocket from the stealth skill. He doesnt really steal the item he uses his deception and makes the person give him the item.
Executive Leadership+1-Swift, Once Per Encounter can give a ally for one round a +2 on attacks,+2 all defenses or +2 on speed until end of their next turn.

Species Bonuses
+2 dex,+Cha,-2 Con,
+2 Reflex defense,Can reroll Persuasion Check
Tehk La Blades are simple weapons

Possessions: 34,090 credits,Utility belt,All-temperature cloak,Tehk La Blades,Blaster Pistol,Personal Translator,Credit Chip,Holoprojector personal with Holo Converter,Panic Ring,holoshroud,Computer interface visor

10.8/16 kG

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:15 am, edited 23 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:53 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I don't know. My first 10 levels were taken from the Clone Wars layout on Rex...he had 90.

Well your hp should depend on how Bill allows the hp to be taken. Most WotC rpgs use an average for the npc/ monster hp stat. So, if Rex had 10 lvls of soldier (which gets a D10, right?) then he gets his base at lvl 1, and then at each level he will get an alternating amount of either 5 or 6(might be 4 or 5) + his Con bonus. Im not sure if they actually do this in SW, but they did in Dnd 3.x and I think in 4th ed, too.

If Bill wants you guys to go with this same kind of average, yea, you could leave those as is, otherwise, you may want to look into changing it up if you are gonna roll or however you do it.

Also, dont forget to add in HP from previous levels for getting a higher Con modifier.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:14 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, easier to just leave out the Con x Lvl portion of your HP until the very end.

TCW, being at 215 is probably about right. I'm only at 242, and I took every single level being Soldier or Elite Trooper, AND I took the Toughness feat. You've got a few levels of Scoundrel/Gunslinger, which are lower dice rolls than the Soldier/ET. So you're probably not too far off.

The way Dawn of Defiance does HP is that if you're a soldier, you get 7HP per level, rather than rolling a d10. Nobles/Scoundrels get 4 (instead of rolling the d6), Scouts get 5 (instead of d8), and Jedi also get 7 (instead of d10). Then Elite Troopers get 9 I think (instead of a d12). So, if you want to use that sort of system to double check it....

Tal Vode would be a total of: Starting HP (assuming Soldier): 30; Soldier 6: 42 HP; Officer 3: 15; Gunslinger 10: 50; Con X Lvl: 60 - I come up with 197.

So I'd say you're still above average.

BTW, was looking back at your character stats to do this, and looks like you only have 3 talents from your 7 levels of Soldier. You should have 4 (i each for levels 1, 3, 5, and 7).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:29 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

LoboStele wrote:
BTW, was looking back at your character stats to do this, and looks like you only have 3 talents from your 7 levels of Soldier. You should have 4 (i each for levels 1, 3, 5, and 7).

Did you account for Talents that are now irrelevant? For Example: I have Improved Armor Defense which required Armored Defense but completely replaced it. So to save space on my character sheets I tend to write Improved in front of it. Same with Dual Weapon Mastery. It becomes one line that adds II, then III.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:28 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

added my guy. I think everything is right this time but who knows.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:12 pm 

jonnyb815 wrote:

I think a 42 reflex is ridiculous for a Noble Crime Lord - No idea how you can explain that one. But I expected as much out of Jonny.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:32 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

I think a 42 reflex is ridiculous for a Noble Crime Lord - No idea how you can explain that one. But I expected as much out of Jonny.

LOL, I didn't see that before. I know he min-maxed his stats, lol. +8 for Str and Wis, but a 22 for Dex. Still though, that's only a +6 Dex modifier, and the best I can come up with for his Defense (including what I assume is a +2 to Ref for Nagai?) should be Reflex of 39, with a flat-footed of 32 (lose both DEX bonus AND Dodge Bonus).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:38 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

+4 Reflex for outlaw Class Bonus. I dropped my Dex to a 16,Cha to a 24,Int 18

Edit Yes that high of Defense wasnt needed I think it might be still a little too high but I dont really want to go lower on my Dex skills.I think dropping to a 37-38 would be better.
I think overall he will be a lot of fun to play I think not attacking is going to be kind of weird at first but what are you going to do. At least I wont have to roll any damage dice. Ill only have to bring a D20 and D6's for force with me thats kind of odd.
Bill I think If I can figure out what I am doing every round a head of time my turns should be short. Since I move/give a action then for my standard I take things away or make an enemy attack a foe or ally odds are that wont happen I dont think. The longest thing I think will be my reactions they should be pretty short I would think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next