logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: What to do with a Sith holocron?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:49 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

General Overview:

We are playing through the pre-gen in Galaxy of Intrigue, though it has been somewhat modded, and are playing in a setting I believe is credited to Dennis, with it being about 1000 ABY, and jedi/sith-ism automatically makes you the target of a bounty, etc.

So, im playing a human replica droid, have no interest right now, if its even possible, in trying to become force sensetive, and found what I, the player, believes to be a Sith Holocron. My character is rather inquisitive, so Im sure it wont take long for me to have it verified that my (the players) suspicions are correct in game, leaving the character with the knowledge that he now possesses something of probable immense worth.

So, what to do with a Sith holocron? The force sensetives in the party would likely just destroy it, and Im sure I could try to sell it for X credits, but anyone have a cooler idea?

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

Post subject: Re: What to do with a Sith holocron?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:39 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Break it.. but before, craft a kind of primitive lifeform holding device inside your chassis. When the essence of the dark lord is leaving the broken holocron, try to trap it inside you. Bam, force sensitivity! :D

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: What to do with a Sith holocron?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:59 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I like the idea, but the dm is very 'by the book'. Doesnt veer off it hardly at all, for any reason. So, somehow I doubt that will fly.

I think he is getting tired of dming though, and is probably willing to let go of the reigns at some point soon. I may be taking over, muwahahaha.

I think at tyhis point my plan is just to not mention it, and see if I can get him to foget about it altogether, and use it somehow later on.

Ive got an idea I wanna use, since he just made it known to us that there is a 'secret jedi enclave' located on new Alderaan. I wanna put that in danger by doing something like the 'bomb' that was in the first Bane book, if you catch my drift.

Only problem Im having with that idea is that I would assume that the jedi would be aware that dark side energy was present if soemthing of that magnitude was being done anywhere nearby.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.