logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Dual wield E-web repeating blasters.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:07 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I was looking through the skills and was wondering if this would work.

(large character)
Wookiee Grip
Heavy weapons proficiency
Dual weapons mastery 1, 2, and 3

I know large characters treat large weapons as one handed weapons and huge weapons as two handed weapons. Also wookiee grip makes it so a two handed weapon can be wielded in one hand. So, you can wield an e-web in one hand with these ability's (provided you are a large character). I was more curious if the dual weapon mastery worked with auto fire weapons so you could do two shots at different targets, one with each e-web per round?

Also, would this be a little over powered? You would miss every time (-9 to your attack roll even with dual weapons mastery 3) so it is only 3D12/2 each shot but is that to strong?

Last edited by Jedi_Master on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Dual wield E-web repeating blasters.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:13 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

I would say that would be up to your GM. Personally if I was your GM I would say no.... some things just get a little crazy and then the others players are going to be doing some way outlandish stuff and expecting the same allowances.

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:26 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Unless SWSE is different from every other rpg WotC makes/has made then large characters dont treat large weapons as medium, they treat them as large. Its just with a large character, the weapon is now size appropriate.

I was going to say E-Webs normally get mounted on a tripod before firing, and so yuo would probably take a penalty for not doing that, but normally, they arent being shot by very large heroic characters, just by generic stormies, so scratch that.

Also, Id say no to that also.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:05 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Disturbed1 wrote:
Unless SWSE is different from every other rpg WotC makes/has made then large characters dont treat large weapons as medium, they treat them as large. Its just with a large character, the weapon is now size appropriate.

I was going to say E-Webs normally get mounted on a tripod before firing, and so yuo would probably take a penalty for not doing that, but normally, they arent being shot by very large heroic characters, just by generic stormies, so scratch that.

Also, Id say no to that also.

Yeah, I suppose I wrote that funny. They treat large weapons as single handed weapons and huge weapons as two handed weapons. (medium as light weapons ^^) So, the e-web without a tri-pod would be a huge weapon (two handed for a large character) and wookiee grip would make it so the character could use a 2 handed weapon with one hand but they take a -2 penalty to attacks.

Personally, if I was DM, I would allow it, use characters with the evasive talent (or is it a feat?) against them, then eventually get a saboteur to overload the power generators that would have to be on the characters back while using the weapons. You know, give them some benifit for it for a while then if it gets out of hand, make them pay :emperor:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:59 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

I think you may be confused here. Wookiee Grip doesn't change the size of a weapon, all it does is allow you to yield a normally two-handed weapon in just one hand. Such a Vibroax, which is normally two-handed, can now be held with just one hand. So the E-Web would still be a Huge weapon. From what I read, you may be confusing Wookiee Grip with the D&D feat Monkey Grip (which does allow you to wield a weapon one size larger than you can normally handle).

Quote:
Wookiee Grip
Your strength is such that you need only one hand to use weapons that normally require two hands.
Prerequisite: Strength 13.
Benefit: When using a weapon in which you are proficient and that normally requires two hands, you can wield that weapon with a single hand.
You take a -2 pena lty to attack rolls with the weapon when it is used in this manner.

Reading the E-Web entry from the RPG, it sounds like the E-Web has to be mounted on a tripod when used and requires a second crewman to regulate the weapon's power generator (this would be a standard action for the second character).

Yet mounting it on a Tripod does allow you to consider it one size smaller for purposes of being wielded. So from the sound of it, you could use two E-Webs at the same time if they are both mounted. So rules wise, as long as you keep them on a tripod, it may be possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:03 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jedispyder wrote:
I think you may be confused here. Wookiee Grip doesn't change the size of a weapon, all it does is allow you to yield a normally two-handed weapon in just one hand. Such a Vibroax, which is normally two-handed, can now be held with just one hand. So the E-Web would still be a Huge weapon. From what I read, you may be confusing Wookiee Grip with the D&D feat Monkey Grip (which does allow you to wield a weapon one size larger than you can normally handle).

Quote:
Wookiee Grip
Your strength is such that you need only one hand to use weapons that normally require two hands.
Prerequisite: Strength 13.
Benefit: When using a weapon in which you are proficient and that normally requires two hands, you can wield that weapon with a single hand.
You take a -2 pena lty to attack rolls with the weapon when it is used in this manner.

I am going to edit the first post, poor wording on my part.

jedispyder wrote:
Reading the E-Web entry from the RPG, it sounds like the E-Web has to be mounted on a tripod when used and requires a second crewman to regulate the weapon's power generator (this would be a standard action for the second character).

Yet mounting it on a Tripod does allow you to consider it one size smaller for purposes of being wielded. So from the sound of it, you could use two E-Webs at the same time if they are both mounted. So rules wise, as long as you keep them on a tripod, it may be possible.

The reason an E-Web has to be mounted is because it is a huge weapon (so beyond the ability for a medium sized character to carry, even with two hands). If a large character is using it, however, they can use it without the tripod 2 handed. Wookiee grip thus lets the wielder use an e-web in one hand (if the wielder is a large character).

As for the power regulation part, the weapon takes a -2 to attack rolls if nobody regulates its power. So the attack is -2 no regulation, -2 wookiee grip, and -5 auto fire penalty (as I do not believe you can brace a weapon before taking a full round action). -9 to attacks sounds bad, however, auto fire area of effect weapons do half damage on a miss, so, good news is the average damage is 3D12 per character in the area of fire. Bad news is different areas can be targeted, making it a great room clear.