SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

SSB 2.0 Piccys?
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=9734
Page 1 of 1

Author:  kezzamachine [ Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:14 pm ]
Post subject:  SSB 2.0 Piccys?

Hey! I'm dam keen to have a good looksee at this new 2.0 - it sounds awesome. Is there any pictures to go wi' the text? I mean, I haven't seriously looked at the rules yet - it might be quite apparent from that - but I was just wondering if anyone has some photos (or might take some?) what setup looks like, what the map layout (and asteroids/planets/floating shoes and potatoes etc) looks like etc. Anything that might assist. I see there's already been one question about map setup and maybe a handful of piccys would help the flow o' things.

Anyhoo - love yo work. SHNN rules.

Author:  Engineer [ Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

Not yet. I'm going to have one more round of playtesting. Reading the rules does remove most of your questions.

Author:  kezzamachine [ Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

Yep - had a good read of the rules on the train home last night. Most of it is all good and my questions won't really come up until I start trying to play it. ...although I don't actually own any SSB pieces yet - ha! A minor inconvienience!

Author:  Engineer [ Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

kezzamachine wrote:
Most of it is all good and my questions won't really come up until I start trying to play it. ...although I don't actually own any SSB pieces yet - ha! A minor inconvienience!

This is not a problem. Print out the ships/fighters and just place the paper on the map instead of the 3D units.

Author:  dalsiandon [ Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

Although from what I've seen SSB is the cheapest of the sets to get a hold of, singles are a bit harder to come by but cases and boosters are priced to move at a number of places. Just note that you need two of the maps, so buying a pair of starter sets is required, but the big ships don't count as unique if I recall so you can field them both if the fleet is big enough.

Author:  kezzamachine [ Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

So, can you clarify, is a sector just now a big square? I mean, is there any reason for squares apart from that four of them make a sector?

Author:  Engineer [ Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

kezzamachine wrote:
So, can you clarify, is a sector just now a big square? I mean, is there any reason for squares apart from that four of them make a sector?

A sector is four SSB map squares or one sector on a War at Sea map.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

Engineer wrote:
kezzamachine wrote:
So, can you clarify, is a sector just now a big square? I mean, is there any reason for squares apart from that four of them make a sector?

A sector is four SSB map squares or one sector on a War at Sea map.



Yeah, where I would get lost, is as the ships began to move around the board I would get lost as to which 4 squares belonged to the sector they were in...I would then have to backtrack and count. I suppose I could have settled this by placing the largets piece directly in the center of the sector (over all four squares), but my gamin mind simply wasn't wired for this.

@Engineer...I need to come up there sometime so we can get a game going before I get completely entrenched in the way I play and find out I'm wrong :D

Author:  LoboStele [ Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

The best thing to do is to find a picture of a War at Sea map somewhere. Then take your Starships map, and mark out the sectors so that it looks like a WAS map.

Author:  kezzamachine [ Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

So, you end up with 100mm Sectors and the board is 8 Sectors x 11 Sectors, with the middle row of sectors being used for objectives - a'ight?

What do asteroids and/or planets look like? Is it simply putting something that looks like it into the Sector? (like making up a tile for it?)

If the above is all good, I'm prolly just gonna make it all!

Author:  kezzamachine [ Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

Oh - just found a War At Sea Map!

http://pj.b5z.net/i/u/2042237/i/GF9-72610.jpg

It looks like its 11 Sectors lengthways and 7 or 8 Sectors widthways.

Author:  kezzamachine [ Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

...another inane question (I'm on a roll)... what are the diameters of the bases for the Ships? Is it 100mm, 75mm, 50mm and 25mm for Classes 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively?

Author:  Engineer [ Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

kezzamachine wrote:
...another inane question (I'm on a roll)... what are the diameters of the bases for the Ships? Is it 100mm, 75mm, 50mm and 25mm for Classes 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively?

Ship base sizes don't matter. Class 1, 2, 3 and 4 also don't matter.

If I was able to resize the minis, fighters and cloaked fighters would be 1 inch and capital ships would be 2-4 inches.

Author:  Engineer [ Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

kezzamachine wrote:
So, you end up with 100mm Sectors and the board is 8 Sectors x 11 Sectors, with the middle row of sectors being used for objectives - a'ight?

Yes

kezzamachine wrote:
What do asteroids and/or planets look like? Is it simply putting something that looks like it into the Sector? (like making up a tile for it?)

Planets are 3/4 roundish objects. Asteroids are 1/2 to 3/4 the size of a sector, any solid shape.

kezzamachine wrote:
If the above is all good, I'm prolly just gonna make it all!

Go then.

Author:  kezzamachine [ Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

Thanks Engineer. You rule!

Author:  dalsiandon [ Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SSB 2.0 Piccys?

But what is it that he rules?

Played a couple more games, it is real simple but way fun. I would like the smaller ships to have more of an effect on the game. To this point it still remains that the big capital ships are really all you need at this point.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/