logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: SSB 2.0 version 0.9 (Final rules for Gencon)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:45 am 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 1359
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
dalsiandon wrote:
Engineer wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:
Excellent

Update posted (first post in this thread).

Now for the ships.


Any big specific changes? I glanced over it and it seems about the same to me.

It's easier to read. I hope this will help folks learn to play who have not played WaS before.

Fighters can now reload their one shot weapons.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: SSB 2.0 version 0.9 (Final rules for Gencon)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:25 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:06 pm
Posts: 1209
Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Engineer wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:
Engineer wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:
Excellent

Update posted (first post in this thread).

Now for the ships.


Any big specific changes? I glanced over it and it seems about the same to me.

It's easier to read. I hope this will help folks learn to play who have not played WaS before.

Fighters can now reload their one shot weapons.


Okay, is it in a PDF by chance? If not I'll just reprint it from the post. I for one have not played WaS before but have heard only good things about it.

_________________
"Rolling a Natural 20, there is no other feeling like it."

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: SSB 2.0 version 0.9 (Final rules for Gencon)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:20 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 1359
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
dalsiandon wrote:
Okay, is it in a PDF by chance? If not I'll just reprint it from the post. I for one have not played WaS before but have heard only good things about it.

No PDF, but I can put a link to the doc file.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: SSB 2.0 version 0.9 (Final rules for Gencon)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:14 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:46 pm
Posts: 7960
Location: West Chester, OH (near Cincinnati)
Looks WAY better Eric. I definitely understand it a bit better now. Honestly, I think we COMPLETELY played it wrong when we tested it, haha. But that's OK, was still fun. I still have a few out-standing questions though:

When do you declare the Strafe and how long does it last?

When do fighters attack other fighters? During the anti-Fighter Defense phase or the Fighter Attack phase?

Double checking: “If a ship has gunnery, missile and ACF attacks available, you choose whether to make an ACF attack or instead make gunnery and missile attacks.” So does this mean if you make an ACF attack, that you CANNOT make gunnery or missile attacks?

Thanks, and good work!

_________________
-Aaron
Mand'alor
"You either die a hero, or you live to see yourself become the villain."
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: SSB 2.0 version 0.9 (Final rules for Gencon)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:49 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 1359
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
LoboStele wrote:
Looks WAY better Eric. I definitely understand it a bit better now. Honestly, I think we COMPLETELY played it wrong when we tested it, haha. But that's OK, was still fun. I still have a few out-standing questions though:

When do you declare the Strafe and how long does it last?

When you place the fighter during fighter movement, you need to declare strafing.

LoboStele wrote:
When do fighters attack other fighters? During the anti-Fighter Defense phase or the Fighter Attack phase?

Anti-Fighter Defense

LoboStele wrote:
Double checking: “If a ship has gunnery, missile and ACF attacks available, you choose whether to make an ACF attack or instead make gunnery and missile attacks.” So does this mean if you make an ACF attack, that you CANNOT make gunnery or missile attacks?

Correct.

LoboStele wrote:
Thanks, and good work!

I'm looking forward to some more playtesting at Gencon. This can be such a better game.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: SSB 2.0 version 0.9 (Final rules for Gencon)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:59 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
A couple of basic questions:

When I set up 2 Starship maps to form a "rectangle", am I doing this by placing the narrow ends together or the long ends, as both form the required shape? IOW, is it a 22 by 68 rectangle or a 44 by 34?

What is an objective token? I'm assuming I can just place a die in the center of the requisite sectors?

What are we using for Asteroid Fields and Planets?? It seems again, on a basic level, I can put dice in the squares of the sector that they occupy, but can't some ships move through or land???

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: SSB 2.0 version 0.9 (Final rules for Gencon)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:42 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:06 pm
Posts: 1209
Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
You can use any kind of marker that is easy to recognize. U can use dice if u like. I use colored beads

_________________
"Rolling a Natural 20, there is no other feeling like it."

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: SSB 2.0 version 0.9 (Final rules for Gencon)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:05 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:06 pm
Posts: 1359
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
A couple of basic questions:

When I set up 2 Starship maps to form a "rectangle", am I doing this by placing the narrow ends together or the long ends, as both form the required shape? IOW, is it a 22 by 68 rectangle or a 44 by 34?

What is an objective token? I'm assuming I can just place a die in the center of the requisite sectors?

What are we using for Asteroid Fields and Planets?? It seems again, on a basic level, I can put dice in the squares of the sector that they occupy, but can't some ships move through or land???

Place the long sides against each other. Each sector in SSB 2.0 is made from 4 squares on the SSB 1.0 map. I suggest marking the half sectors (2 squares) on the sides that are out of play.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield