logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Ship Stats!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:12 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

So here are the ship stats aka Card (we need to playtest these before they are made into cards so forgive the crudeness)

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

Post subject: Re: Ship Stats!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:16 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

more ships

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:19 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

more ships

SWM DCI Content Manager

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:21 pm 
General
General

Some questions:

- what is the use of Vital Armour on fighters with only 1 regular armour, and 1 hull? If an enemy hits your armour for 1 damage, you're dead anyway right? There's quite a few special abilities regarding Vital Armour that don't seem to do anything then (Anakin's fighter, Droid Control Ship, Naboo Fighter)

- definition of Ion Cannon missing from glossary

- why is Virago Separatist? It should be Fringe?

And one comment, I do miss the infinite TIEs and Droid Fighters... IMO, that was always something that differentiated the different fighter styles between the Light and Dark sides. I do wish that hadn't been removed (of course it would need proper balancing).

Last edited by Wedge772 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:40 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Wedge772 wrote:
Some questions:

- what is the use of Vital Armour on fighters with only 1 regular armour, and 1 hull? If an enemy hits your armour for 1 damage, you're dead anyway right? There's quite a few special abilities regarding Vital Armour that don't seem to do anything then (Anakin's fighter, Droid Control Ship, Naboo Fighter)

- definition of Ion Cannon missing from glossary

You are correct about vital armor on fighters. I forgot to talk about aborting fighters. I'll head over to the fighter rules to include that.

Ion Cannon does nothing at the moment, so it's not in the glossary (great catch).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Section about fighters from the rules (now updated)
Fighters attack
Fighter can attack other fighters, make torpedo or bomb attacks against enemy ships, or strafe enemy ships
When fighters attack other fighters, use the anti-fighter attack value
If the damage is less than the armor, no effect.
If the damage is equal to the armor but less than the vital armor, the fighter is aborted and can not make any attacks against ships this turn.
If the damage is equal to or greater than the vital armor, the fighter is destroyed.

When fighters make torpedo attacks against enemy ships, roll d6’s equal to the attack value
When fighters make bomb attacks against enemy ships, roll d6’s equal to the attack value
When fighter strafe enemy ships use the gunnery attack value (fighters that are strafing have -2 to both armor and vital armor)(make sure to make strafing fighters)
Player 1 fires all their anti-air attacks (ships and fighters)
Player 2 fires all their anti-air attacks (ships and fighters)
Player 1 attacks with any surviving fighters
Player 2 attacks with any surviving fighters
Apply damage to ships and fighters

Armor allows fighters to survive being attacked.
Vital armor helps to keep the fighter alive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:58 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I just wanted to thank Engineer and Dean for the all the work that has gone into this. I can only imagine how much time you have devoted to this and getting nothing for your time. Hopefully you will get some satisfaction from the joy and excitement many of us are feeling about using your Starship minis again.

Hopefully I will get the chance to playtest the rules next week. I will be sure to post my results after we play.

I did have a quick question. When do you use the Fighter Launch ability and when do you switch from the full strength stats to the reduced stats?

I was wondering about a list (for quick reference) of the order of a round. Something like:

1. Initiative (Winner is P2)
2. P1's Capital Ship Movement
3. P2's Capital Ship Movement
4. P1's Sub Movement
5. P2's Sub Movement
6. Fighter Movement (alternating between P1 & P2, with P1 going first)
7. P1's Anti-Air Attacks (ships and fighters)
8. P2's Anit-Air Attacks (ships and fighters)
9. P1's Fighters Attack
10. P2's Fighters Attack
11. Apply Damage
12. P1's Capital Ships Attack
13. P2's Capital Ships Attack
14. Apply Damage
15. P1's Subs Attack
16. P2's Subs Attack
17. Apply Damage

Let me know if I missed anything! Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:46 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

skeeve3000 wrote:
I did have a quick question. When do you use the Fighter Launch ability and when do you switch from the full strength stats to the reduced stats?

Some of the fighter launch bays are damaged when the ship gets damaged. At least that sounds good to me.

skeeve3000 wrote:
I was wondering about a list (for quick reference) of the order of a round. Something like:
1. Initiative (Winner is P2)
2. P1's Capital Ship Movement
3. P2's Capital Ship Movement
4. P1's Sub Movement
5. P2's Sub Movement
6. Fighter Movement (alternating between P1 & P2, with P1 going first)
7. P1's Anti-Air Attacks (ships and fighters)
8. P2's Anit-Air Attacks (ships and fighters)
9. P1's Fighters Attack
10. P2's Fighters Attack
11. Apply Damage
12. P1's Capital Ships Attack
13. P2's Capital Ships Attack
14. Apply Damage
15. P1's Subs Attack
16. P2's Subs Attack
17. Apply Damage

Let me know if I missed anything! Thanks

I'll check it out and let you know. I'll copy something like it to the rules.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:36 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
I was hoping the Republic "Star Destroyers" would have affinity with the Empire. Can't wait to try it out.
:r2line:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:30 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

R5Don4 wrote:
I was hoping the Republic "Star Destroyers" would have affinity with the Empire. Can't wait to try it out.
:r2line:

Once this set it "balanced", the next set is wide open.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:13 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Engineer wrote:
skeeve3000 wrote:

Some of the fighter launch bays are damaged when the ship gets damaged. At least that sounds good to me.

Sorry, I don't think I worded that very well. :lol: That was two separate questions! The first one was when do we use the Launch ability? Is it at the beginning of the round, after capital ship movement or any time?

The other question was when do you switch from the full strength stats to the reduced stats? For instance, the Star Destroyer has 3 hull points & vital armor of 12 at full strength. When those 3 hull points are gone is that when you switch to the reduced stats and now you have 3 more hull points? If your Star Destroyer is at full hull points and is attacked and its vital armor of 12 is surpassed by your opponents attack roll, is the ship destroyed or does it go right to the reduced stats.

Thanks in advance! I think will clear up all of my questions until I get to play test.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:44 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

skeeve3000 wrote:
Engineer wrote:
skeeve3000 wrote:

Sorry, I don't think I worded that very well. :lol: That was two separate questions! The first one was when do we use the Launch ability? Is it at the beginning of the round, after capital ship movement or any time?

The other question was when do you switch from the full strength stats to the reduced stats? For instance, the Star Destroyer has 3 hull points & vital armor of 12 at full strength. When those 3 hull points are gone is that when you switch to the reduced stats and now you have 3 more hull points? If your Star Destroyer is at full hull points and is attacked and its vital armor of 12 is surpassed by your opponents attack roll, is the ship destroyed or does it go right to the reduced stats.

Thanks in advance! I think will clear up all of my questions until I get to play test.

I really appreciate your questions. I've played so much WaS that I keep leaving stuff out of the SSB 2.0 rules.

Again, this will need to be incorporated into the full rules.
Use the launch ability when deploying fighters. Instead of moving, you can add that many fighters to the sector the ship is in (not going over the stacking limit of 4 fighters per side).

Full to reduced stats
Let's say your ship has 3 hull points for the full strength stats and 2 hull points for the reduced strength.

If you ship takes 1-2 damage make it on the full strength side
If it takes the 3th point of damage, flip the card over to the reduced stats side with no damage markers.
The 4th hit (first hit on the reduced side) apply one damage to the reduced stats side.
The last 5th hit will finish off the ship.

Keep those question coming.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 am 
General
General

Engineer wrote:

Full to reduced stats
Let's say your ship has 3 hull points for the full strength stats and 2 hull points for the reduced strength.

If you ship takes 1-2 damage make it on the full strength side
If it takes the 3th point of damage, flip the card over to the reduced stats side with no damage markers.
The 4th hit (first hit on the reduced side) apply one damage to the reduced stats side.
The last 5th hit will finish off the ship.

Keep those question coming.

I think the question was asking:

- if a ship is on full strength, and opponent's attack surpasses vital armour, is the ship destroyed, or does it flip to reduced stats side?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:42 am 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Wedge772 wrote:
I think the question was asking:

- if a ship is on full strength, and opponent's attack surpasses vital armour, is the ship destroyed, or does it flip to reduced stats side?

Whenever the attack surpasses the vita armor, the ship is destroyed.

I'm starting to see a theme with these questions.
1. no one likes to post in the rules thread about rules questions
2. I think I need to include some example combats in the rulebook (for those that have not played WaS).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:31 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Just out of curiousity, do you want the rules questions posted in the rules forums? I really think I have a pretty good grasp of what you want with the rules now. My biggest concern, without playtesting, is having up to 4 capital ships, 2 subs and 8 fighters all packed in a 2 X 2 sector. That just seems like it is going to be a mess. ;)

Again I haven't even played yet and I can imagine that some things will get destroyed before they get that close.

I am just hoping that you can feel my excitement from the these posts. Starship Battles is the reason I am playing SW minis. It is still the only set that I have completed 100%.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:37 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

skeeve3000 wrote:
Just out of curiousity, do you want the rules questions posted in the rules forums? I really think I have a pretty good grasp of what you want with the rules now. My biggest concern, without playtesting, is having up to 4 capital ships, 2 subs and 8 fighters all packed in a 2 X 2 sector. That just seems like it is going to be a mess. ;)

Again I haven't even played yet and I can imagine that some things will get destroyed before they get that close.

I am just hoping that you can feel my excitement from the these posts. Starship Battles is the reason I am playing SW minis. It is still the only set that I have completed 100%.

There will be very few moments when there are 4 capital ships, 2 subs and 8 fighters in the same sector. Most of the time, you will stay at range 1 (not much reason to get to range 0) and the capital ships will be dropping like flies.

I think rules questions would be better in the SSB rules topic than the SSB ships topic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:04 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I think there's a typo on the ship stats. The Trade Federation Battleship and Banking Clan Frigates are listed as Republic on the spreadsheet. Fairly certain those are Separatist.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

exiledgamer wrote:
I think there's a typo on the ship stats. The Trade Federation Battleship and Banking Clan Frigates are listed as Republic on the spreadsheet. Fairly certain those are Separatist.

Good catch. My copy paste error. On the next set of stats, it will be corrected.

Now I understand why the Caamasi Noble is rebel. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:19 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
So how is this coming along? Has there been any playtesting done? Do we have cards yet?

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

dalsiandon wrote:
So how is this coming along? Has there been any playtesting done? Do we have cards yet?

There has been one (1) set of playtesting results posted.

I'm starting to wonder if there is interest in a new ruleset.

With more playtesting results, I can post modified stats for the ships.

At least with the V sets there are more folks interested in playtesting.