logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Getting Close to making our list so give us your input!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:22 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Clone Cadet 'Lucky', Clone Imposture

Separatist
Cost 27

50 HP
17 Def
10 Att
10 Dmg
Special Abilities:

Unique---(Counts as Boba Fett)
Double Attack
Accurate Shot
Bounty Hunter +4
Jedi Hunter
Grenades 40
Stealth

Clone Cadet Imposture ((NEW UNIQUE ABILITY IDEA))
(If a Republic allied character targets this character they must first roll a save of 16; a failed save results in Clone Cadet 'Lucky' not provoking attacks of opportunity from that character and any attacks from that character are redirected to the next legal target for the remainder of this phase)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:39 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi with a new Ability and Force Power:

New Ability:
Niman Style Mastery: (+2 Attack, +2 Defense and +10 Damage while this character has more than half of their Hit Points remaining)

New Force Power:
Wipe Mind: (Force 2: When this character is attacked by an adjacent enemy, that enemy gets -20 Damage against this character for the rest of the round)

For an idea on Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi, see Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi thread (link below) posted by lonescout (me) :)

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8982

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:09 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Mando's
Jaina Sword of the Jedi(affinity to mandos)

Jango Fett, Mandalore(Playable) Good stats and 60s cost please
CE:Mandalorian Allies Gain Extra Attack

Canderous Ordo as Mandalore(Playable) maybe 40s cost please
CE:Followers gain Beskar Armour(Whenever this character takes damage it may reduce the damage delt by 10 wih a save of 11.)
This would help them out cause most of them wear Beskar Armour which stops lightsabers.

Mandalorian Gunsmith
SA:Gunsmith(characters in your squad with Base Damage 10 and non-melee gain Splash 10.)
Blaster Rifle Upgrade.
Make him the Mando's czerka they will still have to pay for twin but scouts and guns get scary with splash. Could be too strong but i think something like this for them would work.

Mandalorian Duel-Master
SA:Battle Circle(Ememy Characters within 6 squares of this character who have i lightsaber gain -10 damage)
In Kotor you couldnt use your lightsaber in the battle circle give this guy parry and mando's stand a chance vs rushing jedi.

Sith
Darth Krayt updated.

Darth Nihl Updated so he can accually fight and kill Kol Skywalker now he will get smoked by Kol.

OR
Carth Onasi, Updated to be OR's Rex type fig im ok with him being more expensive but they dont have any other good shooter besides Atton. In Kotor Carth will kill everything for you on taris so i think he needs an update more then any other OR piece. Put him around 40ish with double twin and base 20 damage, Keep his attack around 10-12 or make it 9 attack with 10 base but a damage booster like Cunning or Opp. Main hing is carth should be able to put 80 on something like rex or dash does without dying horribly or shooting at a pitifull +7. Id also like a CE for pilots. So OR can get some nice synergy with carth, dash, and exile that alone will make them much more playable IMO.

Nomi Sunrider. one of the best jedi to EVER live and while her mini is very fun and differant she isnt really useable with the good OR stuff. Maybe figure out a good Battle MEditation force pwer or give her a + to Attack or Defence CE. Main thing is the OR's good stuff(exile, cay, atton, hoth, JWM) need to be a good building block for the faction moving on. Id even like her to have Princess Leia's CE for OR figs but make it Unique only. She is also a good candidate for disruptive something OR could really benefit from.

Jedi Sniper. Lightsaber Throw 2 and renewal.

Vong
Something with the tarpals CE

Vong Slayer
SA:Jedi Hunter, Gregarious, Force Immune, Melee Reposte(nonJedi type of Djem So), Crab Armour 11, Relay Orders.

Unique with a CE like this
CE:Vong Follwers gain +4 Defence when based by a character with a force Rating

Fringe

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:06 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Watto
Watto Watto
Watto
watto
Watto
we need Watto.
We need watto now
Yoda
and Watto.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:18 am 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Quote:
Watto
Watto Watto
Watto
watto
Watto
we need Watto.
We need watto now
Yoda
and Watto.

Check out the link to the New Lost Twenty near the bottom of page 4, Watto's in there.

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:22 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Im for the some more movment breakers in old republic and sith or just some new cool dynamic. I also agree with new republic r2, c3po and chewie. I wouldnt mind it being through affinity. chewie rebel hero would be cool in new republicI would kill to have r2 astro mech or in the new republic or old republic.I think the old rebublic could definitely use a towcable peice. .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:40 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

In the LowerHuttACon2012 thread (http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15210&p=149393#p149393), they were talking about how the Vong could use a piece like Lobot, but which does not bring sacrilege on the Vong (ie, is not a cyborg and cannot bring in droids). Part of the discussion was that this piece could work well with Peace Brigade characters. So here's what I suggested in that place:

Quote:
Good idea! But there's no need to change Lobot (it would be wierd flavor anyway)...we could just make a new piece entirely.

Quote:
Viqi Shesh, 30pts
Yuuzhan Vong
Hp: 40
Def: 15
Att: +7
Dam: 10
Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack
Force Immunity
Living Fringe Reinforcements 20: During setup, after seeing your opponent's squad, you can add up to 20 points of living Fringe characters to your squad.
Rapport: Characters whose name contains "Peace Brigade" cost 1 less when in a squad with this character.
Synergy: +4 Attack and +4 Defense when within 6 squares of a character whose name contains "Peace Brigade."
Stealth
Firejelly
Thud Bug/Razor Bug???
Commander Effect
Allies whose name contains "Peace Brigade" gain Synergy (+4 Attack and +4 Defense when within 6 squares of a character whose name contains "Peace Brigade")

There's a quick rendition of what he could be. He's a stealth door-blower with Lobot's utility, but without Lobot's sacrilege (his Reinforcements must be living).

If he had Plasma Eel or something then he'd probably need to cost more. However, the thing is that he has to be pretty cheap outside of his reinforcements; that's part of the genius of the Lobot piece: he's only 7pts after his reinforcements, which makes it easy to fit him into a squad. There's a reason that Jabba the Hutt (RS) never sees play: he's 50pts, rather than 27. This guy needs to be cheap, or else he'll be too hard to use.

As is, he's a 10pt door-boomer with a very situational CE, who offers lots of good flexibility to his faction. Should he cost 28 or 29 instead? That would be for playtesting to discover.

I'm not up on the lore of this era, so really any unique character (not just Viqi Shesh) could fill the role.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

thereisnotry wrote:
In the LowerHuttACon2012 thread (http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15210&p=149393#p149393), they were talking about how the Vong could use a piece like Lobot, but which does not bring sacrilege on the Vong (ie, is not a cyborg and cannot bring in droids). Part of the discussion was that this piece could work well with Peace Brigade characters. So here's what I suggested in that place:

Quote:
Good idea! But there's no need to change Lobot (it would be wierd flavor anyway)...we could just make a new piece entirely.

Quote:
Viqi Shesh, 30pts
Yuuzhan Vong
Hp: 40
Def: 15
Att: +7
Dam: 10
Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack
Force Immunity
Living Fringe Reinforcements 20: During setup, after seeing your opponent's squad, you can add up to 20 points of living Fringe characters to your squad.
Rapport: Characters whose name contains "Peace Brigade" cost 1 less when in a squad with this character.
Synergy: +4 Attack and +4 Defense when within 6 squares of a character whose name contains "Peace Brigade."
Stealth
Firejelly
Thud Bug/Razor Bug???
Commander Effect
Allies whose name contains "Peace Brigade" gain Synergy (+4 Attack and +4 Defense when within 6 squares of a character whose name contains "Peace Brigade")

There's a quick rendition of what he could be. He's a stealth door-blower with Lobot's utility, but without Lobot's sacrilege (his Reinforcements must be living).

If he had Plasma Eel or something then he'd probably need to cost more. However, the thing is that he has to be pretty cheap outside of his reinforcements; that's part of the genius of the Lobot piece: he's only 7pts after his reinforcements, which makes it easy to fit him into a squad. There's a reason that Jabba the Hutt (RS) never sees play: he's 50pts, rather than 27. This guy needs to be cheap, or else he'll be too hard to use.

As is, he's a 10pt door-boomer with a very situational CE, who offers lots of good flexibility to his faction. Should he cost 28 or 29 instead? That would be for playtesting to discover.

I'm not up on the lore of this era, so really any unique character (not just Viqi Shesh) could fill the role.

Viqi Shesh was a female human politician who would spill information and military tactics to the vong. I suggested her thinking reinforcements would be like a way of her giving the vong the military information. She was a leader of the peace brigade. So while I like your idea, its not fitting for her to have force immunity or other vong specific special abilities.

Maybe add something like this character is considered to have diplomat if in a vong squad, and traps combined with the peace brigade sa could be cool.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:08 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Ok, sounds good to me. I'm not one of the designers, so my version wouldn't be the final word anyway. I think your suggestions will be helpful if they choose to make a piece like this (which I hope they do).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:35 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yea, that seems to be my problem. All these ideas and I give em to the wrong people. I go to Deri (fingers&teeth) first with all my ideas even though he's not on the design team now. I know he was and still probably has clout. I just found it amusing that you kept calling her "he" throughout the entire post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:45 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just wanted to post some of my ideas as I truly feel I have a lot to offer future sets and would like to at least be considered for a future spot on the design team.

For another shaper, (Nei Rin comes to mind as she was a shaper of the coral implants).

Implant Shaper - yuuzhan vong allies withn 6 get +4 (or +2) to their crab armor saves.
I like this idea for a couple reasons, 1 it goes well with coral implants (also my idea) and fitting for the game as with all the power out there now it will help with the defense. I don't feel as if it would break crab armor 6 because if I play against armor 6, I expect all there saves to be made anyway, and it would really help with the crab 16 which I expect to fail every time .

I was playing with an idea for awhile as to how I can make fringe pieces benefit from vong sa and ce. I originally said
Vong implants - choose a character during set up and that character would be considered vong for the skirmish but that was too powerful as cad bane could then be shaped and master shaped and given cunning and steal opportunist from a thrawn squad and then you would have a gun shooting for 50-60 or even more with double twin gm and that would be way to much. I recently visited that idea again and came up with

Vong memories - Range 6, replaces atks, choose an ally within 6, that character is considered vong for the rest of the round or until this character is defeated. I feel that this will solve the issues of before as Mehan Kwaad or someone else has to get up into the action and it would only be a bonus for the round and wouldnt be able to get all the bonuses like master shaper.

My mando idea was
The neo crusader rally master
Resol'nare - mando allies gain intuition when in the same squad a character whose name contains mandalore. I really liked this idea as it was very fitting of mando faction and style. It would give a different kind of movement breaker that would help the mandos. And I like the fact that it's a special ability in an otherwise ce dependent faction so that would help them survive against Bastilla.

My idea for Sith Battle Med was something like
Replaces turn, this character can move all other characters within 6 up to 6 squares each. It sounds fitting as they described it as being able to manipulate the battle field. I see it as a way to get your guys into position or a pseudo disruptive by moving enemy's away from mice and there ce's, I see it could, depending on where a lancer or yobuck was placed as screwing with there path and what they planed on hitting. Obviously fitting for another Caedus but there were other sith that used battle med.

I had an idea of a sith version of Nomi's (v-set 3) ce. She extenteds the range of allies force powers by 2, so just do the same thing in a sith squad but say 'Allies force powers that do damage deal an extra 10 damage'. You could make it a range 6 or make it like GOWK's 'as long as an ally is within 6. It would make it sound like a sith force meld kind of thing.

More ideas to come later but just wanted to let everyone see and hear what they thought or concerns they might have.

One more idea I would like to see is another vong piece that would extend the range of vong sa. I don't have a name for it yet but a range 8 or a range 12 thud bug or spit poison could be fun to use. Like a vong version of tarpels ce.