logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Getting Close to making our list so give us your input!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:35 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Ki-Adi Mundi: Anticipation, some dueling abilities and CE
Agen Kolar: Some dueling abilities, no CE, Recover 40(Force 2: replace turn heal 40)

Squad abilities need a boost:
[***] Squad Commander/leader etc. CE or ability to help squad abilities Like "this character counts as having the same name as other allies for squad effects" and/or a Mas Amedda effect for squad abilities.

I agree swarm and Savage could use a boost:
Malakili: Rapport: Character with Savage cost 1 less. CE: Savage Allies gain Quick Reaction and Ambush.

Kyrisa, Dathomiri Witch: Grearious, double, Death Strike, melee.
CE: Allies with Savage don't have to end their movement next to an enemy, and benefit from commander effects. Savage Allies gain bodyguard and +4 defense.

[***] Veteran Trooper: Take one for the Team: If a non unique follower with 6 and has a print hit points of 40 or less would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:22 am 
Guardian of the Old Republic
Guardian of the Old Republic

being the consimate OR fan I made several customs on the "other" site from that faction that IMO need redone/first incarnations. I also spoke to dean on several locarions about my interest in making OR minis.

What is funny is many of my ideas well prior Dark Times and Masters actually happened in other forms.

List:

Admiral Forn Dodonna

Some form of non unique OR booster, I suggested Advanced Tactician which allow her essentially recon without LOS.

The other idea was to make her a non unique booster like a Queen Amidala with rapport/mobile. We then got the Jedi Instructor lol.

Saul Karath:

At the start of a round, you may choose to activate 1 or 2 characters each phase. It is my version of toned down tempo control. He would also have some form of non unique allies gain bodyguard while adjacent to him.

Atris:

Juyo Style: I proposed it be only half the damage dealt by that characters attacks can be redirected/negated, round down. Represents the styles overwhelming offensive nature.

Also an Echani stat boost or jedi huntervlike power would work.

Brianna:

shinja's brianna on bloomilk is excellent. I would give her 2 FPs, parry, leap, twin, and synergy with Exile.

Master Vrook Lamar:

Niman Style mastery +3/+3 - +4/+4, either way would make sense. I gave him Protective (bodyguard for allied force users), Ferus was released right after I came up with that. Some beatstick stats and direct damage force powers, even lightning since he knew how to use it. He is kind of the ORs Kyle Katarn with some "holier than thou" mixed in.

Master Vandar:

I gave him Levitation 2 and GMY-ish stats and a bonus for allied force users against enemy force users like additional attack. Of course Ganner surfaced in MotF so I was right in thinking a faction would get a levitator, just picked the wrong Republic Era. Leviation 2 would be 2 force, replaces turn, and lets you move 2 medium or small allies or 1 large ally. I thought adding in Huges being moved could be levitation 3 perhaps.

Twin Suns:

First non sucky/pure tech duo, essentially a super Jarael type with Bounty Hunter, twin, and stealth.

Darth Traya:

Gave her master of betrayal where enemies cant reroll against her, and on a 1 they join her squad. I put her as 100 points, she should be ludicrously powerful.

Sion just needs remade. I believe a save 6 power that cant be cancelled but costs 3 force is fair. also l, some CE for sith assasins.

Nihilus, Carth, Revan, and Bastila just need totally reworked. Each of them could potentially totally revolutionize their factions if done correctly.

And as a side note tue vong need a lot of help as well. Maybe Vergere and a War Coordinator.

I have more, just those seem pressing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:58 am 
General
General

Darth Muerte wrote:
[***] Squad Commander/leader etc. CE or ability to help squad abilities Like "this character counts as having the same name as other allies for squad effects" and/or a Mas Amedda effect for squad abilities.

The big problem with Squad effects isn't being able to keep your pieces together. The problem is losing 1 piece, and losing the benefits on the other 3 pieces. It's just too easy for an opponent to stop. My suggestion from the other thread:

Fallen Comrades: Defeated allies are treated as being within 6 squares of allies, only for purposes of Special Abilities whose name contains Squad.

You still need to keep your 4 pieces together. When you're down to 3, they need to stick together. When you're down to 2, they need to stick together. When you're down to 1, that guy is going to be on full-power all the time. When you're down to 0, you've probably already lost.

AdmiralMotti89: Agreed that swarm squads need a boost to combat Strafe/Galloping. However, I'd really like to see a concept that didn't specifically name those abilities. I'd much rather we didn't start going into direct counter abilities if we can help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:01 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

So... I've had more of a think about it... and my four votes would for:

well, three of them would be for the Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Luke that are the highest costed folk on the BlooMilk customs page. Yoda - to have a Rebel Yoda that was of the 'kicking the Dark Jedi in Dagobah' calibre, like the one on BlooMilk but with his CE down to 6 squares. Obi-Wan - as a Rebel, giving him that 'Last of the Jedi' ability is awesome - I like it. And Luke - I want an Uber-Luke, I've said it before... and I really like The Last of Jedi one that's there.

Vote #4... Palpatine is s'posed to be one of the best Lightsaber guys of all time, isn't he? Well, perhaps an Empire affinity Mini that shows it, maybe?

you rule - especially you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:23 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:
LESHIPPY wrote:
Separatist - Poggle the Lesser – Geonosian Rapport (stacks with other Rapport abilities – characters whose name contains “Geonosian” or is a non-unique droid cost 1 less when in a squad with this character.)

Umm...1 point Mouse Droids?? No thank you. :P We DEFINITELY need some new Geonosians though. I would love to see Sonic Attack actually on a playable character.

Maybe is should be Sepratist Droids

LoboStele wrote:
LESHIPPY wrote:
Embo, Bounty Hunter
Cost 27
HP 90
ATK +9
DEF 19
Dam 20

Special abilities
Bounty Hunter +4
Speed 10
Moblie Attack
It's a Trap
Damage Reduction 10
Close Quaters Fighting

I agree that we need to see this guy, and possibly the other 3 BHs from that CW episode (though only Sumi has a good mini to represent her - Zabrak Fringer - so the others might be tricky). However, I'd love to see Embo have something a bit more new and inventive than what's posted above here. Some sort of SA to simulate his use of his hat as a weapon. :)

What about if he lost It’s a Trap and gained Heightened Instincts (Enemy characters within 6 squares lose stealth and/or cloaked abilities.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I would love to see Ysanne Isard made.
And she should have some kind of SA that involves the Krytos virus.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:18 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Deans Idea
Droid of some type.
Jamming communications:If this Character has line of sight to a Commander or a mouse droid the Commander Effect is Jammed untill they move out of line of sight of this character or until this character is defeated. It might have to be only ranged CE'.

Squib species
Obnoxious-Enemies that are within 12 squares of this character take a -2 to all rolls.
Squib tensor rifle-+10 damage.
Repair 10

I dont know who it should be on.
Take down-Enemy is subject to aoos even if they have flight vs this character.

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:32 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Wedge772 wrote:
Darth Muerte wrote:

The big problem with Squad effects isn't being able to keep your pieces together. The problem is losing 1 piece, and losing the benefits on the other 3 pieces. It's just too easy for an opponent to stop. My suggestion from the other thread:

Fallen Comrades: Defeated allies are treated as being within 6 squares of allies, only for purposes of Special Abilities whose name contains Squad.

You still need to keep your 4 pieces together. When you're down to 3, they need to stick together. When you're down to 2, they need to stick together. When you're down to 1, that guy is going to be on full-power all the time. When you're down to 0, you've probably already lost.

This is still one of the best ideas I've seen.

(That I didn't come up with myself. :D )

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I think swarms are still Viable honestly. Try te dejarik monster with Clamp (i forget its name) its got like what? 80 hp costs 17 or something and benefits from the IC. Clamp will stop yoda from running passed him. Bills idea for poping uggies isnt bad either.

I think that if you show up to a tourney with an Aqualish Assassin swarm you should be ready for the 1-2 guys that run yobuck and be prepared to get ran over. Running a bunch of 10-20 hp characters is risky anyways.

I honestly dont think anything is needed to counter Yobuck. It comes down to the player and if they are willing to prepare for lancer/yoda.

One thing id like to see is a boost for OR jedi. They have a whole bunch of non-unique jedi that are really cool and differant. Maybe some commander effect for them like "non-unique characters whose name contains "Jedi" gain +4 Attack." good boost for sentinal swarms and JBMs.

Id also like to see an OR damage boost of some kind. Not even Cunning or Opp, but rather Advantages or Deceptive so its a straight damage booster not an attack booster as well. Maybe something like "Followers with 6 squares gain Advantages atack".

I think what the OR has that makes them fun and differant is their non-unique Jedi so i think they deserve a good boost be it from a unique character or a nonunique character.

Last thought have a non-unique OR jedi with LS throw 2. "Jedi Sniper"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:43 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Any chance in getting back to the topic at hand instead of just bashing other members ideas?

I like the ideas of having counters abilities more than saying DO NOT ALLOW THIS, or whatever. counter abilities does not change much, it just makes you think more about your team. as in if i have this or that will he have that or this. No team can ever counter everything.

At the end of the day not every one's idea is going to make the set or that everyone ideas are going to be the same. At least for this first V set lets just give the designers the chance to have a go and hope they know what they are doing.

Is there any chance the designers will do a Q&A thread?

Last edited by dreadtech on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:56 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

OK, yeah, I'm going to take the various Ewok Rope trap-related comments and move them to a different thread (to be titled "Does Yobuck/Lancer need a counter"). I know I wasn't helping with adding to that argument, but I didn't think it would go this far.

Let's try to keep the thread to the topic at hand: providing ideas for the design team to weed through. If you feel something needs discussed at a deeper level, then please start a separate thread.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:34 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Sorry about the temporary lock guys. Wanted to clean up the thread before it got more out of hand. Continue! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:11 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Here are two thoughts I have for figures. I know some people may not like these ideas (I read the thread about not adding cheap disruptive, for example, but I really think one unique figure would really help level the playing field for non-rebel factions). Anyway, just my two cents on figures I really think they would add an interesting dimension to the game. I am very open to their being changed a bit if there is a way to keep them useful but not too powerful.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:37 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

And here is another one that I think would help the Mandalorians without making them too powerful (it contains a new and I think interesting way to counter activation control CEs). As always, I'm happy to make some adjustments based on constructive criticisms.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:14 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Do you know when the first v-sets will come out Dean? Or an estimated date?

Fun Stuff:
In the year 3000 we will combine Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook to create the ultimate website: youtwitface

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:20 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

UggieDemo wrote:

I could make all kinds of jokes about this. The short answer is, both too soon and too late.

First the 62 figs for the first set much be finalized (the inflatable Rancor from the Universe send away and the Young Han Solo LE will be included with updated stat cards).
Lots of play testing
Proff reading will be second
Stat card production
Distribution

Did you get all my humor?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:25 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Tonythetoyman - I like the three ideas above.

I was have been thinking about the Ysalamiri piece for a while. The Rapport with Thrawn and Karrde are a a nice touch. I am not sure about the tamed ability. I guess it works sort of like like hologram veers.

I think your take on Satine is a great idea to work against Dodonna, San, and Ozzel. I was thinking about how to represent her

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:26 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

UggieDemo wrote:

I wouldn't look for anything till well after GenCon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:03 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Engineer wrote:
UggieDemo wrote:

I could make all kinds of jokes about this. The short answer is, both too soon and too late.

First the 62 figs for the first set much be finalized (the inflatable Rancor from the Universe send away and the Young Han Solo LE will be included with updated stat cards).
Lots of play testing
Proff reading will be second
Stat card production
Distribution

Did you get all my humor?

So Glass Jabba did not make the cut?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:09 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

LESHIPPY wrote:
Tonythetoyman - I like the three ideas above.

I was have been thinking about the Ysalamiri piece for a while. The Rapport with Thrawn and Karrde are a a nice touch. I am not sure about the tamed ability. I guess it works sort of like like hologram veers.

I think your take on Satine is a great idea to work against Dodonna, San, and Ozzel. I was thinking about how to represent her

Thanks, I actually got a great idea for tamed from someone over on Bloomilk (I'm thinking of making it work like a reverse tow cable where it is always attached to the chosen unique -- it will still get an activation, but can only move as part of the selected unique's move... which will take a bit more strategy to use). More soon on this one.

Not sure how perfect the match has to be for the Duchess, but I was thinking maybe the Human Force Adept? Not perfect, but it might do (especially if repainted in the Duchess' colors).

Last edited by tonythetoyman on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next