logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: New Commander Effects you want - Read 1st post please
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:01 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I want to thank everyone for the input that you have provided. The designers are currently working hard at making the virtual set. I know that they are using the input from the community, so thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:05 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

allies Gain Co-ordinated Fire(This character may move up to its speed after combinding fire. this move does not provoke Attacks of opportunity) not sure who should have it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:00 pm 
General
General

Anti-Fringe CE:

"While your ally within 6 squares has line of sight to both an enemy Fringe and an enemy non-Fringe character, that ally gains <SOMETHING>"

Currently it's too easy to drop Fringe characters into your squad, with no penalties. Often they may be the most effective choice, but it'd be nice to have some kind of drawback for running both Fringe and non-Fringe together. The granted ability or boost shouldn't be too powerful, but it should be enough to make someone think twice about running those Mouse Droids up as mobile cover.

Post subject: Re: New Commander Effects you want - Read 1st post pleaseD
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:36 am 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

swinefeld wrote:
I really like the last two:

Fallen Comrades
Nute Gunray, DAF

good stuff 8-)

Also +1 to each of these, really good ideas that I hope get made.
Some of my own:
-a really easy way to create a slew of new commander effects while maintaining simplicity is to start handing out the hunters. It's already started but keep going, ces to give out to allies:
Haraar, captain rex, bao dur- droid hunter
Aurra Sing, pretty much any mandalorian- jedi hunter
Dooku- dathamori hunter
Senator tikkes- mon calamari hunter
Bossk- wookie hunter
Anikan- tusken hunter (hahaha)
Reven- mando hunter
Darth Vader- ewok hunter (also hahaha)
Darth Maul/ dash render- black sun hunter (would be an excellent counter to the black sun)
Kyle Katarn - imperial hunter
Darth Vader- rebel hunter
Nas Choka -new republic hunter also mobile...
Kyp Durron- vong hunter
Nexu -mouse droid hunter for savages (haha alright I'm not really taking this serious anymore but you get the idea)

Thrawn/chiss commander - allied chiss gain xenophobia(+4 attack and twin attack against any species other then chiss/droid)

Sith Sergeant E at the end of this characters turn one sith trooper follower may immediately move 4 squares, this does not count as activating that character.

Sith assassin sect leader- sith assassins in your squad gain deadly attack and vicious attack

That sith that trained Bane- sith allies within 6 squares gain lightsaber duelist

Ziro the hutt- followers in your squad count as fringe characters for the purposes of commander effects

Sideous hologram for the seps- allied separatist characters with a force rating gain force renewal 1

Geonosian queen- Geonosian allies gain +4 atk  +4 defense and charging assault

Commander Bly- at the end of this characters turn, up to three  characters with order 66 can immediately move 2 squares. This movement does not count as activating those characters.

Clone trooper sergeant major- trooper followers that combine fire against an enemy gain suppressive fire (a living enemy hit by this characters attack has -4 defense and can not move until the end of the round, save 11)

Republic intelligence- order 66 Characters in your squad with stealth within 6 squares gain deceptive

New grandmaster yoda- allied characters with a force rating gain 2 additional force points and may spend this characters force points. 

Jedi librarian woman- followers in your squad with a force rating gain advantageous defense (it makes sense she is teaching them new things to help them survive)

Polis massa surgeon- polis massa medics within 6 squares gain heal 20

Mace windu, hero- Allied characters with a force rating gain surprise move

Antares Draco, captain of the guard- Imperial Knights within 6 gain charging assault 

General rom moc- droids are subject to this effect. Dark trooper followers gain damage reduction. Phase one troopers gain charging assault and momentum. Phase two gain mobile attack and speed 8, phase three gain advanced missiles 40 (need a save of 16 to avoid)

Baron Fel- (side note give him pilot!) allied characters with pilot gain wingman (if this character combines fire with another character with pilot, it gains +6 attack and twin attack for it's turn)

Regent Morlish Veed- as long as a follower has line of sight to an enemy, you may activate 1, 2, or 3 characters that turn.

Mandolorian Kal Skirita- squad assault/firepower to order 66 commandos and null arcs

Jerec (as mace Windu)- unique characters with a force rating gain force renewal 2

Dessan (trandoshian)- reborn gain force renewal 1 and reflect

Dooku, separatist leader - allied sep commanders gain extra attack and +4 atk

General Loathsoam, ground force commander- huge droid followers gain advanced shields 1 and flanking attack

General Grievous, Enemy of the Jedi- droids gain jedi hunter

Sev'rance Tann- (debastator fire support) droids are subject to this effect. Separatist followers gain jolt and advantageous defense

Super Battle droid commander- super battle droids gain momentum

Mar Tukk, tactical genious- as long as a droid in your squad has line of sight to an enemy you can activate 1, 2, or 3 characters that turn, this includes droid and savage characters. Also maybe: droids gain self destruct 10

Tactical droid- (tactician+4) at the end of this characters turn, one separatist ally can immedietly move up to it's speed, this does not count as activating that character this round.

Alto Stratus- separatist commandos gain flight, speed 8, and mobile attack

These are just a start and I think the biggest thing when it comes to commander effects is to keep the faction flavors. Example, only the rebel, republic and new republic should ever have evade and mobile for the masses.
Old republic is the strong force users, lots of force powers.
Sith is alot of damage if they don't move, advantageous, deadeye, double attack, careful shot as well as support for the unique force users.
Mandalorian can have everything but they pay more for it.
Separatist should have the swarm armies with no fancy abilities.
Imperials should be trooper heavy with a touch of counter to jedi.
Vong are melee through and through and should be reflected as such.

Also another possibility whether it be by special abilities or ces is to upgrade the save abilities. Missiles and grenades save 16 to avoid. Save with master deflect and master block saves of 6 to make it. S

w

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:02 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

hey guys! darth babylon here. im stuck with this name, i dont know how to change it to darth babylon. its been a long time. I just want to say that dean and the guys designing the v set did an amazing job. i wish they desighned the last couple sets from wizards.

the only suggestion I have would be, maybe some movement breakers for sith and old republic. I think it would also be cool if an old republic commander granted lightsabor reflect. it could be on a fairly costed figure so it wouldnt get broken. i think you guys could definitely make it work without it getting to overpwered. I just always thought that old republic needed something that they can call there own. I dont know much about game balance and desighning so im just throwing it out there. keep up the good work guys. i'm getting back into the game again, because of the great job you are all doing keeping it alive. i think dotf is the most well rounded set I have seen yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 am 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

gay vampire wrote:
hey guys! darth babylon here. im stuck with this name, i dont know how to change it to darth babylon. its been a long time. I just want to say that dean and the guys designing the v set did an amazing job. i wish they desighned the last couple sets from wizards.

the only suggestion I have would be, maybe some movement breakers for sith and old republic. I think it would also be cool if an old republic commander granted lightsabor reflect. it could be on a fairly costed figure so it wouldnt get broken. i think you guys could definitely make it work without it getting to overpwered. I just always thought that old republic needed something that they can call there own. I dont know much about game balance and desighning so im just throwing it out there. keep up the good work guys. i'm getting back into the game again, because of the great job you are all doing keeping it alive. i think dotf is the most well rounded set I have seen yet.

+ 1 to the reflect idea, every faction should have their unique flavor. Also maybe on a Master Vandar piece? Old Republic Yoda for th win

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:20 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I have an idea for a new Anakin Skywalker mini in a upcoming V-set. The CE would read as follows:

Allied commanders with Order 66 gain +4 attack and Extra Attack.

My idea behind this is that this shows how much rapport Skywalker had with his troops under his command such as Rex. I would expect this CE to bump his cost up a bit, bust as it is really restrictive, i don't see it as being to overpowered. The best combo you could get is a tripple twining Rex at +16 attack. Rex's CE would be a perfect match with Anakins, since Rex grants GMA to allies with Order 66.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3