logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post subject: Re: V-Set 4 - Minis, SAs, FPs, and CEs You Want to See
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:04 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Jedi_Master wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
Retain Life Force: This character may exceed its starting hit points if the extra hit points are added from Drain Life or Sith Hunger. If this character has more than its starting hit points at the start of its turn, it takes 10 damage.

audrisampson wrote:
I think your on the right path, but it seems that when Nihlus designs get made people tend to forget he ate a freaking planet... I would think maybe a Force Drain 3 ability might be good to reflect this. Force Drain 3 Force 4: All characters within 6 squares take 30 damage, Remove 30 damage from this character for each affected character.

How about a merger of the two in a character like the following:

Darth Nihilus, Sith Lord

Cost: 42
HP: 100
Def: 18
Att: 12
Dam: 20

SA: Melee attack, Unique, Double attack, Eternal Hunger (At the end of each of its activations, this character takes 10 unpreventable damage.)

FP: 2, Force renewal 1, Sith Hunger, Force Corruption 1, Force Drain (Force 2: Replaces attacks; All living characters within 6 squares take 30 damage, Add HP to this character equal to the total damage dealt.)

I think this is a good representation, however, I am not sure it would play well. If the opponent lays down vong or droids you are out 40 points unless you eat your own squad. Still, the guy did end up having to eat his own crew to sustain himself and he was eating himself slowly so I think it works out well as a representative piece.

Also, I have been pitching this Grievous since universe I think.

Love it!!! That is a really good mix of of everyone's ideas in one figure.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:48 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I'd like to suggest something for V-set 5, but as there isn't a forum yet for it I'll just post my idea's here:

I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday about the state of the Rebel faction. The impression I've gotten with the addition of the V-sets and all the peices as a whole, is that the Rebels are kinda in the lower tier of competitve play now. The Imperials have taken a steep climb with all the V-sets, while the rebels haven't. I always saw the Rebels as the anti-imperials, and other than Disruptive, I don't see how the Rebels can really ruin the Imperials day. Thats why I came up with the idea of introducing a new SA to the Rebels, and in particular, on a Leia miniature.

Imperial Hunter (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against Imperial enemies)

This could be put on a Leia, and in WotC fashion be included in a CE. So here's a rough sketch of what I'd like to see.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leia Organa, Rebel Leader

Cost: 14
HP:50
Def:15
Att:+7
Dmg:20

SA: Unique, Disciplined Leader, Imperial Hunter

Force: 2

CE: Rebel allies gain Imperial Hunter.
------------------------------------------------------------

This new Leia would make for a great option for the Versatility to work on. The newest Leia from Scum and Villany allows you to replace that Leia with one of lesser cost and gain a SA from that version. So when the Rebels face the Imperials now, they have a solid option for increasing the damage output against Imperials, which makes sense, after all the Rebels did ambush the Imperials a lot and ran a war of atrition against them. The Imperials have always had good CE's that bump up defense. The Rebels on the other hand don't have much in the way of increasing damage and attack to counter that. Hence why I thin they need Imperial Hunter. It fits the faction and it similar to how the OR has Mandalorian Hunter and Sith Hunter, Vong have Droid Hunter and the YVH Droid has Vong Hunter.

I'd also like to suggest another Han Solo for the Rebels.

Captain Solo

Cost: 34
HP: 80
Def: 18
Att: +9
Dmg: 20

SA: Unique, Pilot, Accurate Shot, Cunning Attack +20, Never Tell Me the Odds.

A Han Solo with Pilot is badly needed. As Obi Wan said in Episode 4 when going to the Cantina: "some of the best star pilots can be found here". So why can't there be a Han Solo with Pilot? Not to mention, Han was proficient at swoop bike racing also in the years before the Rebels. It would be nice to have a usefull Han with Never Tell me the Odds also.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:48 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Quote:
Force Powers:
Control (Force 1, Target character within 6 re rolls a save)

I've wanted this for a long time. Perhaps on a Sith Chancellor Palpatine. Give him Aggressive Negotiations, Execute Order 66, Force Control, Force Sense, and Force Alter. (And Maybe bring in clones, or Anakin)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:18 am 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Reading Fate of the Jedi and we still need to get those key characters on here:
An Epic Abeloth
Abeloth
143, HP 200, def 24, atk 20, dmg 30
Unique
Ancient One (this character cannot be on a team with unique characters)
melee attack
melee reach 4
Quadruple attack
greater mobile attack
avoid defeat
regeneration 20
Corrupt Environment (whenever an enemy character activates within 12 squares of this character, they immediately take 10 damage, save 6)
Force 3
force renewal 3
master of the force 3
master illusion (force 1, when hit by an attack this character takes no damage unless the attacker makes a save of 16)
drain life 5 (50 damage to target and adjacent characters, remove damage from this character)
force dominate 
Surprise Move

CE
Allied Living Characters gain bodyguard and protective +20 for this character

Vestara khai
23, hp 80, def 17, atk 8, dmg 20
SA: unique
melée attack
mobile attack
Opportunist
Affinity to be in a squad with Ben
synergy with Ben +4 and +4
Shikkar Knife (this characters first attack of the skirmish is a critical hit)
Force Power: Force 2
lightsaber defense
knight speed

Sarasu taalon, sith lord
41, hp 120, def 21, atk 14, dmg 20  
SA: Unique
melee attack
stealth
Triple attack
Lightsaber duelist
Shikkar Knife (this characters first attack of the skirmish is a critical hit)
Force Power: Force 5
lightsaber defence
force leap
master speed
CE: sith non-unique followers with a force rating gain stealth while within 6 squares of this character

Keshari sith 
15, hp 50, def 17, atk 10, dmg 20
SA: melee attack
Double Attack
Lightsaber Duelist
Shikkar Knife (this characters first attack of the skirmish is a critical hit)
force power
force 1
lightsaber Riposte

Natasi Daala
45, hp 70, def 15, atk 7, dmg 10
SA: 
unique
Affinity Imperial
Rival (Characters with force ratings/Jedi)
Tactician +4
CQC Fighting
Doctrine of Fear
mandalorian reinforcements 30 (non-unique mandalorians)
CE 
Non unique followers in your squad gain +4 attack and +10 damage against enemies with a force rating

Jagged fel, head of state
30, hp 60, def 18, ATK 12, dmg 10
SA: unique
Double attack
affinity for new republic
pilot
evade
Intuition
crush-gaunts (replaces attacks, adjacent enemy is considered activated this round and takes 20 damage, save 16)
synergy +4 and +4 with Jaina
Pilot Training (at the start of the skirmish choose one allied living character, that character gains Pilot for the rest off the skirmish)
CE Pilot followers gain intuition

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:59 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

A lot of talk about all Fringe squads. Well - why not have a figure that promotes that, and maybe even makes it better?

Something like:

Anarchist - Must be in a squad with only fringe characters. (And a character with this could be AWESOME, since this ability is such a drawback)

or - instead of such a hard push, something more like,

Social outcast - If all allies are fringe, gain +4atk +10Dam (or 20, or whatever)

Why not? I think this would be fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:06 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

This one could be big - so we'd have to be careful with it:

SA - Court Marshall. You may choose a commander on your squad - that commander loses all commander effects and becomes a follower.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:08 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I was thinking the other day of something like this. For bounty hunter pieces that could use it.

Disruptor shot: Enemies hit by this character's attack cannot benefit from commander effects. This effect lasts until the end of the turn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:30 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Reiterating Obi's mention that this thread should be renamed or split off for V5.

---

Tràkata style - quickly switching your lightsaber off and back on to throw off your opponent and make an opening to strike. I'd like to see it have both a defensive and offensive application. On a lightsaber wielder, obviously.

rough ideas, as I can't think of all the odd interactions that could occur:

When this character would be hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success that attack misses and this character may make an immediate attack against that attacker.

Whenever this character attacks an adjacent enemy, it can ignore enemy special abilities and Force powers that prevent damage from attacks; save 11.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9