logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Post subject: Very Important - V-Set Funding Thread. Please Read!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:34 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Dear SWMs community,
As many of you may know we have temporarily shut down funding for RaR while we worked out some issues behind the scenes. You may also know that Dean has had to step away from the community for a while. A lot has happened behind closed doors, that I won’t be divulging, but suffice it to say, Dean has ongoing personal issues that will keep him away for a while. This will affect many things in our community so please bear with me as I explain everything as best I can. (I will not answer questions about Dean so don’t ask).

1) V-set funding. First, I’ve set up a new Paypal account for V-set funding. This is very important. Those that have already donated to R&R through the old account, need to file a claim with paypal against Dean. There is no other way at this time to deal with this unfortunately. Paypal claims are easy, simply go to the site and look it up. You will not receive anything from donations that were made in this way. I am deeply sorry, but this is all we can do. Secondly, I’ve set up a new account. You will need to re-donate to this account. Engineer, Ruhk, Dvader and I all have access to this account and we promise to give regular updates to donations totals and what is still needed to meet the printing/shipping goals. It also means that if one of us has to step away in the future, there are other people able to access the account.

2) RaR, BoT and Epic costs. We need $5000 to pay for the three V-sets currently in production. RaR is a 60 piece set, Bot is 10 pieces, and the Epic set is 12 for a total of 82 cards. This means our production cost is much higher than before, especially with the special card designs for the Epic set. We raised about $1600 for DotF and in the end it was not enough even with the extra donations to cover the costs of shipping and production. So we have upped the request this time around to cover what we now know are the accurate costs. Further, if you do not donate, your odds of getting a set are going to be much lower this time around. We need people to contribute or we cannot have these printed.

3) DotF and Shadow Stormtroopers. We have acquired the remaining of each of these from Dean and shipments have begun flowing again. If you are still in need of DotF and you donated please contact Leshippy via PM. If you paid Dean for Shadow Stormtrooper Promos, please PM Dvader and he will be sure to get them out to you ASAP.

4) Donation Details. In order to have RaR printed in time for Gencon, we need to be able to pay the printer by July 1st. So we have until June 15th to make donations if you want any of the 3 sets we are producing. Suggested donations are as follows. For 1 set of RaR, $30 minimum. For RaR and BoT $35 minimum. For one set of RaR, BoT and the Epic Micro Set, $50 minimum. Remember, these are simply suggestions, if you want to donate more, please do so. We as a community need to raise $5000 or we are in danger of not being able to print anything. If you live outside the United States you need to donate additional money to cover all shipping costs to your country. That includes the full expense of tracked UPS shipping to your country. We will not send more than one package to a person and we will not send overseas again without it. For those attending Gencon, you will be able to claim your product at Gencon. For everyone else, you will go through the point man for your area. Here is the link to the correct paypal account for donating. Please list in your comments, “V-set contribution” and how many of each set you would like to receive. We also need your full name, address and forum names included in the comments. We will provide regular updates (weekly) to the donation status and goal. That way everyone in the community knows where we are and how far we still need to go, as well as constant reminders of the upcoming important dates.

5) Pointmen. We will be streamlining the pointman concept for this set. There is a new thread for pointmen volunteers if you would like to be a distributor. Requirements of the job are listed there. Everyone not in attendance at Gencon must go through the pointman for their state/country. There will be only one, and you must communicate directly with that person to get your set mailed. If you provide your information to me via Paypal, it will go directly to that person together with your sets of cards. There will be no exceptions to this. We will not mail to any individuals unless of course you are in fact the only person in your state/country, in which case you will become the pointman.

6) Moving forward. Since Dean has had to step away, a group of us are taking over everything that he used to do, and then some. Please be patient with us as we work to resolve all past issues. Remember, those issues were not related to any of us. Dean will not respond to PMs, so please don’t send him any for any purpose. Any questions or remaining issues can be posted in this thread. Moving forward, the SWMs team will be handling everything from Gencon planning, V-set fundraising, production and distribution, and tournament organizing. Thank you for your patience.

7) Finally, here is the new account link. Please make all donations to this link. And if you've already donated to the other one, those donations will not count. You have to go here and donate again, and file a claim against the other one.
Donate Here to Support the V-Sets

Bill

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: Very Important - V-Set Funding Thread. Please Read!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:46 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Fantastic news Bill. Thank you for posting this notice in such great detail. And much thanks to the entire SWMGamers team for doing so much to keep the best game ever made going strong. $100 Donated for a double complete set.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:50 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Finally donated, took me long enough (glad my procrastination morphed into serendipity).

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:04 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
billiv15 wrote:
We raised about $1600 for DotF and in the end it was not enough even with the extra donations to cover the costs of shipping and production. So we have upped the request this time around to cover what we now know are the accurate costs.

According to Kickstarter $3161.00 were raised for DotF. For the sake of transparency, please provide an explanation.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:08 pm 

R5Don4 wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
We raised about $1600 for DotF and in the end it was not enough even with the extra donations to cover the costs of shipping and production. So we have upped the request this time around to cover what we now know are the accurate costs.

According to Kickstarter $3161.00 were raised for DotF. For the sake of transparency, please provide an explanation.

I know there were a lot of people who claimed they would donate but when the time came their money never actually did. And then after that, I think you lose something like 20% from fees for Kickstarter and Amazon. It left us with nothing near what we expected to get.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:13 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

As has been stated before Kickstarter doesn't take the money right away so if there was no money in said account when the funding period ended for DOTF no money was taken and collected. I believe on one of the SHNN shows it was stated that something like 25 people who donated (so at least $1000 worth) was unavailable for collections. Add on to that the large chunk that Kickstarter/Amazon took and you can easily see how $3000+ turned into a mere $1600.

It has been my understanding that this and this alone was one of the main reasons for the switch away from KS was that when you paypal money it is sent right away and you know how much money you have.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:15 pm 

jedispyder wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:
billiv15 wrote:

I know there were a lot of people who claimed they would donate but when the time came their money never actually did. And then after that, I think you lose something like 20% from fees for Kickstarter and Amazon. It left us with nothing near what we expected to get.

Yep, about 25% of the donations through kickstarter never came through. Then as Chris said, more money went to Amazon and Kickstarter. That's why we aren't using that system again. And unfortunately, the person who would have the exact amounts isn't available. I can't do anything more about that. All I can do is promise that from now on, we will be able to update exactly what has come in and where it goes.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:24 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

got it.. for those of us that weren't around to donate for shadow troopers, are we allowed to now? let me know! and thanks for the heads up about the new v-set and donations.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:30 pm 

xheavens wrote:
got it.. for those of us that weren't around to donate for shadow troopers, are we allowed to now? let me know! and thanks for the heads up about the new v-set and donations.

Ray said go ahead. Make sure you add that to your comments, then PM Ray with your request. Dvader831

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:35 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

billiv15 wrote:
xheavens wrote:

Ray said go ahead. Make sure you add that to your comments, then PM Ray with your request. Dvader831

okay thanks.. could you let me know what the donation amount is along with the number of troopers/box size you get?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:40 pm 

xheavens wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
xheavens wrote:

okay thanks.. could you let me know what the donation amount is along with the number of troopers/box size you get?

$7 for every 10 promos that you want.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:41 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Damn board ate my post.

Where will you be informing people about how the funding is going? Email? On here? Both?

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:46 pm 

I'm sure we'll make posts here, likely in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:47 pm 

Disturbed1 wrote:
Damn board ate my post.

Where will you be informing people about how the funding is going? Email? On here? Both?

We will provide weekly updates of funding in this thread. If you want email notification for some specific reason, let me know via PM and I will try to make that happen. We will update this thread each thur evening about 9-10PM CST.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:54 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Dont need email, just didnt see it specified and I was wondering, lol.

In the thread is good for me.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:29 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

New thread is now up to sign up for being a pointman. Please post there if you would like to be a pointman.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11385

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:32 pm 
General
General

$150 donated for minimum 2 complete sets + postage to Malaysia (estimated $20 - $30).

Understand the need to collect extra money this time around to ensure there is enough. Hopefully we can get that target hit ASAP, and there is enough sets printed to cover additional sets. For the last V-Set I took 8 sets for Malaysia, with myself paying for everyone's sets (I didn't take money from the players). If the per set cost is $50 for a complete set this time round, I'm not going to pay $50 per person this time, I'm going to make people share :)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:38 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Opened a Dispute on Paypal. Once it is resolved, I will then forward a payment plus 10 for the complete set. I can't do anything right now as I am starting to plan a move.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:00 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The donation would display as Chase Miller correct?

<Located old thread and confirmed dates. so nevermind>

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:03 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

nuksaa wrote:
The donation would display as Chase Miller correct?

That is who was listed on my transaction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next