logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Getting Close to making our list so give us your input!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 pm 
The One True Sith Lord
The One True Sith Lord

Ok like the title says it is getting to nut cutting time.

So if you have not contributed your ideas and have some now would be the time to list them.

I would prefer that you list character names and abilities or force powers they should have but not the number of hit points or something like that.

I would rather the designers figure that out themselves if they like your idea.

So fire away!!!

Collection: 934/934

SWM DCI Content Manager

Post subject: Re: Getting Close to making our list so give us your input!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:09 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Han Solo: Bravado, Synergy with Chewie
Chewie: Synergy with Han, Protective (Han or Leia)
Luke: Dark Temptation
Palpatine: Turn to the Darkside
Dooku: A commander Effect
Darth Bane: Dark Master/Dark Inspiration
Aurra Sing: Bounty Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

(Crossposted from Bloomilk)

I already mentioned it in other threads, but I really want to see more options at the 1-4 point cost level, especially for door control, CE propagation, and activation control. Every squad shouldn't have to use ugnaughts and mice as filler.

In 60 pieces, 2 or 3 such pieces should fit. I'm not too concerned about what pieces they are exactly. Here are a few suggestions, but the design team is probably more creative than I am and can come up with their own ideas that reach the same goal:

4-point cost non-melee versions of Uggie Demo and Mouse Droid. (Squib Demolitionist and Human Courier?)

2-point cost emplacement that does not block movement and does nothing but override adjacent doors (Door Control Panel?)

3 or 4-point "mini-Mas" that only extends the CE of one adjacent commander (Communications Technician?)

Other than that, something to make combined fire worth using, and to make swarm squads more playable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:38 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Leia: Lady Vader (Characters whose name contains Noghri may be in Leia's squad regardless of faction. Nogrhi characters gain Bodyguard and Protective +10)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:56 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I guess I will post this here since the characters thread is no longer being updated:

Carth Onasi-new stats
Bastila Shan-new stats
Ulic OR Version-Ulic Qel-Droma
Revan Redeemed-genaric male jedi not in the OR
Atris-new Stats
Brianna-Echani Handmaiden
Mical-Jedi Consular
Elite OR Soldier-any soldier type piece
Army of Light Soldier-any soldier type piece
Saul Karath-Sith Trooper Commander
Revan-new stats
Nihilus-new stats
Bane-new stats
Githinay-Mistryl Shadow Guard
Darth Bandon-Sith Apprentice
Belia Darzu-Dark Side Enforcer
Lord Kaan-Count Dooku Legacy of the Dark Side?
Dark Jedi Knight-Dark Side Adept
Mandalore the Preserver-Mandalorian Commander/Mandalorian Supercommando
Ki-Adi Mundi-new stats
Jaina Solo, SOTJ-Jaina Solo or YJK
Jaden Korr-EJA
Corran Horn-new stats
Ben Skywalker-Jedi Apprentice
Yuzzhan Vong Hunter Droid-Krath War Droid/IG-100 Magnaguard

Last edited by jediabiwan on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:58 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Qui -Gon Jinn Force Spirit. Basic spirit stuff and CE: Allies with a Force Rating within six squares gain Avoid Defeat.

Voxyn: Speed 8, Momentum, Jedi Hunter, Spit Poison, Force Immunity

Salacious Crumb: Fringe, Disruptive, Evade

New Republic Chewbacca and R2-D2

Ben Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

First post over here. Since we got Roron Corobb and Voolvif Monn, we Genndy Tartakovsky CW fans still need Foul Moudama. I made up a version about a year ago that I thought played well. I included this SA:

Carry Ally (This character can transport 1 Small or Medium ally that ends its move adjacent to it. Remove that ally from the battle grid; it moves simultaneously with this character, has cover, and is considered adjacent to this character. It can make attacks, counting the distance from this character. A transported ally can return to the battle grid immediately before your first activation of the round. While transporting an allied character, this character loses any abilities which grant extra attacks. This character may use Lightsaber Block/Deflect in response to attacks against a transported ally.)

I also gave him Force Push 2, Lightsaber Block, and Lightsaber Deflect.

Another hopeful would be ARC Captain Fordo. The stats I made up for him 2 years ago are way outdated now, but I did come up with a fitting SA for him:

Hand Signals (This characters commander effect is not affected by Disruptive.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:26 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Exar Kun Dark Force Spirit; Sith

At the beginning of the skirmish, choose one enemy character with a Force Rating. This character begins set up within 4 squares of this enemy. When this enemy activates, it looses 1 Force Point and gains -4 attack this round; Save 11. Also, at the beginning of the skirmish, choose one ally. This ally gains Mettle. This spirit may be defeated by replacing your turn and spending a Force point to defeat it; the spirit may avoid this by making a save of 11. The character being affected by the spirit may not defeat it.

Please, please please, make him cheap. The Sith don't need another overcosted, want-to-play-but-can't-fit-in-squad piece.

Also,
Thrackan Sal-Solo; Fringe
I know you said no points but it's key to this peice
15 Points
Provoking Tactics: Enemy commander effects and special abilities that add too or limit activations are ignored.
I think that this would solve so many problems with the overpowered tendencies of tempo-control

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:17 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Ugnaught Tactician
Commander Effect: At the beginning of the skirmish, choose one of the following abilities: Cunning Attack, Opportunist, Cloaked, Momentum, or Grenades 20. All allied Ugnaughts gain chosen ability for the entire skirmish.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:18 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Luke Skywalker, Rebel ----: Grappling hook (works just like tow cable except BOTH characters gain flight)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

A Nogrhi worth playing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:43 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The Seven Dark Jedi:

Jerec - It's a Trap, Turn to the Dark Side (he was an inquisitor), Lightning, a Dark Jedi CE
Sariss - Makashi Style, Stealth
Boc Aseca - Twin, Force Leap, something to represent his chaotic nature
Maw - Flight, Whirlwind attack
Picaroon C. Boodle - Ataru Style Mastery, Super High Def, Strong Force Push, Grants Gorc Bodyguard
Gorc - MR2, Dam 30, Lots of HP, no Force Powers, some funky synergy w/ Pic such as he only has certain Force Powers near Pic, or gets a bonus if Pic starts in the same squad but Pic is defeated first
Yun - Impulsive Internal Strife, basic Unique JWM equivalent

All of the above: Imperial, but with a "Seven Dark Jedi" keyword that lets them play off of each other.

Haazen - Sith, something like a Force Power that lets him damage someone who moves adjacent to him (or Repulse 2, whichever).

Jedi Covenant Watchcircle:
Kyndra Draay - Watchcircle, shares FP w/ other Watchcircle, Force Sense, Anticipation
Feln - Watchcircle, Beatstick stats, MR2, few Force Powers
Q'Anilia - It's a Trap, Shatterpoint, grants Shatterpoint to nearby Watchcircle Jedi
Raana Tey - Crowd Fighting, Seer (spend a FP at the beginning of a turn, may reroll two rolls if needed) - kind of a gamble power
Xamar - lots of support abilities, a CE for Movement like Revens (after init, a Watchcircle Jedi may move up to it's speed).

That might be too much overlapping synergy - I don't want to build people's squads for them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:03 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

One more:

Jaian Solo, Sword of the Jedi: Pilot, Affinity (Mandos), Double, Ambush, Deadly Attack, Cunning, Bounty Hunter or Jedi Hunter, Blaster +20, Force Renewal, LS Assault, LS Defense, Shatterpoint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:18 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Sithborg wrote:
Han Solo: Bravado, Synergy with Chewie
Chewie: Synergy with Han, Protective (Han or Leia)
Luke: Dark Temptation
Palpatine: Turn to the Darkside
Dooku: A commander Effect
Darth Bane: Dark Master/Dark Inspiration
Aurra Sing: Bounty Hunter

I would reword that to include the entire Solo family. Life Debt: (If an adjacent ally, named Solo or Skywalker would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead).

I may have worded it wrong, though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:37 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

--[Some Vong unique, whether Shimmra or someone cheaper]...give him/it this SA: Singular Focus: Yuuzhan Vong special abilities that boost Vong characters normally limited to a range of 6 squares have unlimited range. (Basically, Booming Voice for Vong SAs like Shaper and Scarification...but not Thud Bug or Spit Poison, hence the "that boost Vong characters" wording.)

--Jaina, Sword of the Jedi.

--THE Master Windu...to replace the horrible catastrophe that was the MotF version. Seriously, that was disappointing. Please turn our grieving into celebration! :(

After those three, I'll be happy with anything.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:02 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Yo. Long time listener, first time caller...

anyhoo, only two things will float my boat significantly more that the good stuff you will no doubt provide: I really think a YVH Droid is due... I don't have any ideas on what that might look like, but I think its a biggie.

And my other one, I figure it'll be quite unpopular but, I really, really want an uber-Rebel Luke. Yes, yes... there is Champ o' the Force one, I know, but I really liked the look of the Luke Skywalker, Last of the Jedi from the BlooMilk customs... that made me rather happy on the inside.

Anyhoo, keep up the great work.
kez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:47 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Top 5 Characters:
NR Chewie
NR R2
NR C-3PO
NR Leia with Noghri Affinity and CE
Republic C-3PO

Top 4 Abilities:
1) Creative activation control semi-counter. (ex. Patience: This character may only activate after all enemies without Patience have activated. Or a CE that grants Patience to a selected ally.)
2) Create a Bounty Hunter semi-counter. (ex. CE - Unique allies gain Evade and +4 Defense when attacked by a character with Bounty Hunter.
3) Create a swarm helper vs Strafe/Gallop. (ex more generic CEs with deathblow functionality.)
4) Give OR/R/NR/Sith Force users cheap door control. (Ex. Jedi/Sith commander that grants, to characters with a lightsaber, Lightsaber Bypass: Force 1: On this character's turn, destroy 1 adjacent door.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:08 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Shedao Shai A Vong Commander similiar to Grevious DAC or Kota or Grand admiral thrawn, basic stat boost-type CE specilaized for Vong.

Jaina Sword of the Jedi, She has affinity to join a Mando Squad

Leia, Lady Vader; Noghri of any faction can be with her and they have bodyguard and rapport.

A C-3PO for the republic, he can be the same as the RS 3PO

MonMothma, Affinty for the New Republic and the Rebels. THis way they gain the deathblow CE too.

New ability's? Well Characters with lightsabers should be able to destroy doors too. Replace attacks, cost 1 force to cut door down. Name for the abiltiy, IDK Door Hack? idk

Also, I suggest we hand blaster 10 around. Characters like Zayne, and Quin-Vos have guns on their fig, why nto let them utilize it?

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:22 am 
General
General

I'm going to take some of my favourite concepts from a Custom Set I did last year, which I think could realistically be done with a Virtual set (using existing sculpts):

Princess Leia, Not A Committee

Synergy (this character gains +4 Attack while ally whose name contains Han is within 6 squares)
Synergy (this character gains +4 Defence while ally whose name contains Luke is within 6 squares)
Synergy (this character gains +10 Damage while ally whose name contains Chewbacca is within 6 squares)
Commander Effect: Rebel Allies whose name contains Han, Luke or Chewbacca gain Greater Mobile Attack.

Basically a "centerpiece" to the Rebel heroes squads. Any new Rebel Leia needs to be great, since you're sacrificing Princess Leia for this. Plus, with all those synergies, this Leia should become a decent fighter as well.

AT-ST Driver

Driver (when an adjacent ally with Mounted Weapon begins its move, you may relocate this character adjacent to that ally at the end of its move)

This piece should also have Gunner or Crack Gunner. The idea here is to provide a gunner which can move alongside the Mounted Weapon piece. He should be INSIDE the AT-ST, not constantly having to try to run to keep up! Can also work for an AT-AT Driver, Cloud Car Pilot, Weequay Skiff Guard, etc.

Vader

Meditation (replaces turn; remove this figure from the game, and replace it with another character whose name contains Vader with a lower cost. Damage and Force Points are transferred to the new figure)

Original concept appeared as Vader's Meditation Chamber, but for a virtual set it would need to be on Vader itself. Imagine a high-costed Vader with this ability; you could see your opponents squad, then decide to replace him with another Vader better suited to the matchup. If this Vader cost 75pts, you'd be paying a 20pt premium on Vader SotJ, 4pt premium on Lord Vader, etc.

Tempo Control Counter

Commander Effect: Each player may not activate less than 10 points worth of characters each phase. Players must continue to activate characters until at least 10 points worth of characters have been activated this phase, or no unactivated characters remain in that player’s squad (ignoring Commander Effects and Special Abilities limiting the number of characters a player may activate per phase, until at least 10 points worth of characters have been activated).

This could really be on anything. It doesn't stop you from activating 1 piece a phase with Dodonna/San Hill/Ozzel... just so long as that 1 piece was at least 10pts or more :) I had it on Chief Chirpa, as an indirect Ewok booster: you could suddenly swarm and attack with 4 Ewoks in 1 phase with this CE.

Jodo Kast

Imposter (while this character has line of sight to another character whose name contains Boba Fett, both characters gain Attack -3 and Defence -3)

Because messing with Fett is fun :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:13 am 
General
General

Human tech guy that has SA

Sky Bugging or satellite info stealing: across the board effect:CE's with activation control loose activation control(otherwords can't use the CE),Characters with special abilities that give initiative control loose it(aka MT or recon).

Bonthan that has SA
Ability stopper(choose one special ability before squads are revealed that special ability is suppressed for the entire game.) you may only have 1 bothans in each army per game and they each can choose an ability.

Wookiee tech: SA programmer range 6 regardless of cover or walls(replaces attacks, one droid losses an ability for the round no save)

Chief chirpa:fringe
sa
hps 30
att 5
def 14
dam 10
melee
swarm +4
stealth
CE
characters who are ewoks gain charging assault, swarm +2 ,and stealth

Khanbob42You, sir, are amazing :D