logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

Post subject: Re: V-Set 2 - Minis, Force Powers and Abilities You want to See
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:53 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Republic CE:
Unique Allies within 6 with Melee and single attack (without extra attacks) gain Twin Attack.

Rejuvenate old Unique Republic Jedi.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:02 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

MandalMauler wrote:
Republic CE:
Unique Allies within 6 with Melee and single attack (without extra attacks) gain Twin Attack.

Ooo, nice. Though there is technically no such thing as Single Attack, so I think it has to be more wordy and say "without Double, Triple or Quadruple attack gain Twin Attack."

Who would it go on? Cin Drallig?

Of course, on someone like Cin you could add a second part. Republic characters with a Force rating and a cost less than....35? gain Greater Mobile Attack.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:30 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
MandalMauler wrote:
Republic CE:

Ooo, nice. Though there is technically no such thing as Single Attack, so I think it has to be more wordy and say "without Double, Triple or Quadruple attack gain Twin Attack."

Who would it go on? Cin Drallig?

Of course, on someone like Cin you could add a second part. Republic characters with a Force rating and a cost less than....35? gain Greater Mobile Attack.

it would be a cool one to see on a cheap (less than 30 points) non unique commander, like a jedi Lightsaber trainer.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:16 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:
I also would like to see more "Epic" 100+ point minis like GMLS especially a Darth Vader.

If we did that, I think Lord Sidious is more fitting, with Vader being 2nd or 3rd depending on your feelings about Yoda.

Lord Sidious Separatists 100+ points

HP: 130
Def: 19
Atk: 14
Damage: 20

Unique, Melee Attack, Triple Attack
Dun Moch Style Mastery (Adjacent enemy characters may not benefit from Lightsaber Duelist, Jedi Hunter or any Special Ability whose name contains Style; save 16. Force Powers whose name contain Lightsaber may not be used against this character)
Affinity: May be in a Republic or Sith Squad.
Master Tactician
Master Manipulator (During set-up, after seeing your opponents squad you may replace characters in your squad with a character of lesser point cost.)

Force 3, Force Renewal 3, Master of the Force 3
Lightsaber Defense
Advanced Battle Meditation (I'm sure this already exists so won't bother to come up with something ;) )
Force Cloak
Lightsaber Flurry (Force 2, usable only on this characters turn. Until the end of this character's next turn, or until he takes damage or uses a Force Point this character gains Twin Attack.)

Yeah, completely over the top, but that should do ;)

Nice. Not so much over the top stats but wow those SAs & FPs. I'd like to see versions of all the major beats- Maul, Dooku, Windu etc. DDM did this for a set or two I believe, where they even had separate stat cards for the same mini in the same set, a regular stated one and a super pumped up high cost version. I would think that in actual gameplay the very high costed minis would be at a great disadvantage due to the importance of activations, like we've seen with GMLS. That said, it would still be a lot of fun to field a Vader that is a cross between Scourge, Jedi Hunter and Lord Vader! :vader2:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:35 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Just off the top of my head:
Aayla Seccura, Jedi Knight (no Commander Effect...)
the Clan Skirata in some form (Kal, Bardan, Etain, Nulls & Omegas)
more Legacy-Era characters
Lt Page (Reb/ New Rep commandos a-go-go)
Kyle Katarn, Rebel Agent
Jaina Solo (really she should be the New Reps prime beat stick, other than GMLS)
M-3PO
More unique Rogues (and maybe some Wraiths?)
Tahiri
Jerec & company
Montross
Vizla (comic or cartoon version)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:47 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I'm going to throw another few mini's I'd like to see:

Imperial Sniper
Togorian Mercenary
Voxyn
Cham Syndulla (Twilek Resistance leader)

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:46 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

rebel trooper boost of some kind to either damage or attack. Rebel troopers suck, but some kind of ce like that on a new bail, mothma, or even leia.

Stormtrooper ce that gives then twin. I'd really love to be able to field some of my 50 stormtroopers, word it like, Allies who's name is exactly "Stormtrooper" gain twin attack. I want plain old reprinted a lot Stormtroopers to be good not Evo's, Elite Scouts, snow, sand, storm officers, none of that just the 5 point guys we all have a ton of. I realize they get twin from the czerka but with a ce that kind of squad might accually get some playtime.

Oh and do a V mace windu. The mace's we have (besides the early part of the game with general windu) all suck. I want a mace with about the same playability as Obi or Yoda. He can be high costing im fine with that but i want to get what i pay for.

Beatstick Grevious. Old Clone Wars cartoon Grevious not sillynanny always getting his butt kicked grevious. I want the guy that was beating the tar out of Aayla, k'kruck, Shaak-ti, Ki Adi, and all their padawans by himself. We have 2 good commander Grevious' give us General Grevious, Jedi Butt Kicker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:31 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Weeks wrote:
rebel trooper boost of some kind to either damage or attack. Rebel troopers suck, but some kind of ce like that on a new bail, mothma, or even leia.

Stormtrooper ce that gives then twin. I'd really love to be able to field some of my 50 stormtroopers, word it like, Allies who's name is exactly "Stormtrooper" gain twin attack. I want plain old reprinted a lot Stormtroopers to be good not Evo's, Elite Scouts, snow, sand, storm officers, none of that just the 5 point guys we all have a ton of. I realize they get twin from the czerka but with a ce that kind of squad might accually get some playtime.

Oh and do a V mace windu. The mace's we have (besides the early part of the game with general windu) all suck. I want a mace with about the same playability as Obi or Yoda. He can be high costing im fine with that but i want to get what i pay for.

Beatstick Grevious. Old Clone Wars cartoon Grevious not sillynanny always getting his butt kicked grevious. I want the guy that was beating the tar out of Aayla, k'kruck, Shaak-ti, Ki Adi, and all their padawans by himself. We have 2 good commander Grevious' give us General Grevious, Jedi Butt Kicker

boost to just straight "Stormtrooper" pieces would be good, same to the basic rebel troopers. Mace would be nice but.. BUT.. the part about old maid Grievous... yeah! thats what we need.

Cybernetic super mind f**k Grievous lol. I remember being so excited about him because of that initial episode in the cartoon and then the following series... He was tough, capable, and had a nasty voice... then hat did we get? a coughing robot who abandons ship? I want the Super Beast Grievous.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:06 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

door control for sith
Corrann Horn with the pilot ability
a commander effect that gives force renewal to jedi masters and maybe knights

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:36 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Not to burst bubbles, but I will never support Twin Attack for Stormtroopers. I have talked with Rob on several occasions about design philosophy of the game over the last five years and I know that he never envisioned Twin Attack as a concept for Stormtroopers.

Personally, I feel that the Czerka Scientist was a mistake in design decisions but that is just my opinion. It has MDS (Mouse Droid Syndrome), which for those who haven't been following these threads, MDS refers to a figure that has to be thought about every time a new piece of a certain type is made. As many times as the Mouse Droid came up with the discussion of stuff like OOM 9 and the Battle Droid Lt., I guarantee you the Czerka Scientist got just as much thought every time there was a shooter figure with base 10 damage. We even gave some stuff 20 damage just to prevent the character from getting Twin...

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:21 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I was thinking that if there was a desire to improve troopers, at least 3 options would be good,

the 908th who fought and died to the last man, because of siding with Roan Fell, so sorta of Buff in same squad as Roan would be good. Possible Ideas either through Roan CE or on Card: Draw Fire, Avoid Defeat, +2 Attack

(Sith Stormtroopers?) the 407th led by Darth Maleval (Quarren) who destroyed the 908th, perhaps affinity w/Maleval Possible Ideas either through Maleval CE or on card: +2 Defense, Extra Attack from Maleval? +X Attack Against Imperial Troopers

And the Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper: Ideas: +4 Attack, Accurate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:42 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Not to burst bubbles, but I will never support Twin Attack for Stormtroopers. I have talked with Rob on several occasions about design philosophy of the game over the last five years and I know that he never envisioned Twin Attack as a concept for Stormtroopers.

Personally, I feel that the Czerka Scientist was a mistake in design decisions but that is just my opinion. It has MDS (Mouse Droid Syndrome), which for those who haven't been following these threads, MDS refers to a figure that has to be thought about every time a new piece of a certain type is made. As many times as the Mouse Droid came up with the discussion of stuff like OOM 9 and the Battle Droid Lt., I guarantee you the Czerka Scientist got just as much thought every time there was a shooter figure with base 10 damage. We even gave some stuff 20 damage just to prevent the character from getting Twin...

Bubble Bursted :(. jk.

But i would like a stormtrooper boost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:02 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Not my idea. A good idea I remember from the WotC board.
Meatbag Hunter: +4 attack and +10 damage against living targets.

On an upgraded HK47 obviously.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:33 pm 
General
General

Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Quite true. In addition, what makes it that little extra irritating is that it's a piece that doesn't look like it really fits in the squad.

So here's an idea for a figure:

V-Set Gonk with Blaster Upgrade/Blaster Rifle Upgrade, plus maybe Power Coupling. Make it a Czerka replacement type figure (in the fashion of how the Treadwell "replaces" the R4, by doing a little more and costing a little more).

Since Blaster Upgrade as an ability isn't going away, the least we can do is put it on a figure that looks like it fits with the squad, right? Gonk seems like the perfect fit for that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:36 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

An ability similar to lightsaber duelist, but grants extra defense against blasters instead.
Grenade launcher

212th trooper
Commander Bly
Major Tierce
Covert ops clones, the ones who go after clones that desert
NR/Rebel Luke thats in the 50-75 range

There is no such thing as I cannot, either I will not, or I do not know how.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:49 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I've always thought Emplaced objects like Auto-Turrets or Holocrons that could boost/defend an area might be cool...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:37 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I would love to see an Embo figure (in TCW, he is just plain awesome), as well as a new Cad Bane. Oh, and more TFU stuff!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:56 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

kothandcandy wrote:
TCW, he is just plain awesome!

Thanks!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:46 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I would like to see:

Morgukai warrior (perhaps one of the unique ones)
- Jedi hunter, lightsaber resistance, perhaps melee attack and blaster, and of course, finally a use for the old CS Nikto Soldier!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:57 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I'd like to contribute, but since I haven't "seen" what the V-set cards will look like or what the group is aiming for, I'll refrain. I've noticed that when working with a group, a lot of opinions, thoughts, arguments and counterarguments go into making cards. It's fun but a lot of work.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next