logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next

Post subject: Re: V-Set 2 - Minis, Force Powers and Abilities You want to See
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:23 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

@ surf

do you know falcon, he's in the OC area too!

this is a thread so that community members can post ideas to help the design team for the 2nd set. post anything, characters you'd like to see, abilities, force powers, CEs.. you never know where the designers might draw inspiration from!

:D

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:32 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Ruhk wrote:
@ surf

do you know falcon, he's in the OC area too!

this is a thread so that community members can post ideas to help the design team for the 2nd set. post anything, characters you'd like to see, abilities, force powers, CEs.. you never know where the designers might draw inspiration from!

:D

I've been meaning to hook up with Falcon but they always get together on saturdays and that's usually when the wife & kids are demanding time .....

I may join in; billiv15 asked after our New Lost Twenty of which I was a part of. I'd be willing to help in any small way ....

Last edited by surf_rider56 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:55 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Ewok Elite Marksmen
Tarfang Ewok Merc.
Tauntaun Rebel Commander (use either the square base or round base)
Aayla Vos Padawan
Guri with Black Sun and who gets the commander effects from Black Sun commanders.
Tarpals Kadoo Rider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:01 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Quote from Wookieepedia:
"Mist wore a heavily modified suit of Krail Armory Model 1010 Photo-reactive Personal Armor. The suit was covered in a coating of photosensitive microscopic crystals that reflected the ambient colors of any area, making the armor difficult to see."

Krail Armor Gets my vote, use the same criteria as cloaked as well as cannot be targeted by an enemy more than 8 (yes 8,when not in cover) squares away unless that enemy has accurate shot or sniper.

I'm a big fan of themed groups and fringe groups and gangs, so Borvo, Ziro and Durga please.
Ewoks, especially Chief Chirpa.
Morgukai Warrior, I've already made some for the people in my group.
Vilmarh Grahrk
Jastus Farr, I've made this one too and I'm glad I did but I never want to again.
Talz Shaman
Talz elite warrior
Vong siege beast, modded a couple of D&D beasties

Last edited by Poodlekiller on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:57 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Kokken Tor wrote:
I would like to see:

Morgukai warrior (perhaps one of the unique ones)
- Jedi hunter, lightsaber resistance, perhaps melee attack and blaster, and of course, finally a use for the old CS Nikto Soldier!

hmm that sounds good actually but the only potential change I'd make is adding a new cortosis ability instead of the resistance one. but saber resistance works well enough.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the named guys then just a basic one for when they made those clones. that would be pretty cool to see. I feel like a lot of the comics from that era are sort of pushed to the side because of the new clone wars show.

p.s. if I never mentioned it and i doubt i didn't.. but Vilmarh Grahrk please =)

edit: ah and i see poodlekiller above me wants villie also... MAKE IT SO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:24 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Gday All, I would like to see a TIE-FIGHTER (tiecrawler).
Have it unman so you can choose the pilot figure and he will have to be added into the costing to field.
Tie-Fighter SA allows Pilots SA to be used and add to the SA the ability affinty this caracter may be in an Imperial squad or pay cost and set up in opponents side of board, used by any faction after being STOLEN.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:56 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Some of the ones already mentioned that I like;
Onaconda Farr
Boss Nass
Snoova
Guri, I'm making some of these for my group using Deliah Blue as a basis
I thought of a couple more:
Master Leung, made one using Tion Medon and an exceptional jedi apprentice (for the lightsabre), the left over apprentice I turned into Jeff Vader (Eddie Izard).
Navik the Red

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:07 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

#1 Qui-Gonn Jinn Force Spirit
#2 a new Jango for mandalorians
#3 Mace Windu Fist of the republic the version where he does not have a lightsaber from the clone wars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:27 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

-Boss Nass (Imperial Inquisitor is not too bad actually for this one)
-Another pilot luke (I know HPU is used a lot already, but I'd like one that focuses less on force)
-GOTO (That droid with Kouhun Infestation (name escapes me) could fit)
-An ability such as "Plot Trajectory:" Non unique allies who are about to be defeated by a character using strafe attack or Galloping attack instead immediately return to play with 10 hit points with a save of 6. (Maybe a V-version of the RA-7 as a Navigation Droid or something)
-Snowspeeder virtualized into that republic battle tank from the clone wars video game or into the Gian Speeder.
-AT-ST virtualized into the Two legged walker with the shield in the clone wars video game
- that walker then be outfitted with a shield, maybe this is too crazy, but Plasma Shield (Replaces Attacks; until the end of this character's next turn, this character gains Shields 4)
-also with Proton Mortar: (Replaces attacks; Select Target 6 or more squares away. Target character and each character within 3 squares take 40 damage, save 6 for 20 damage)

This isn't really necessary, and may be changing the game too much, but I think an ability like Restricted might be interesting:
Restricted X (You may have no more than X copies of this character in your squad)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:56 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Here's a suggestion of how to make combining fire a lot more useful, and what I'd like to see in the upcoming set.

Improved Battle Meditation (Force 3, replaces attacks: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +2 Attack, and enemy characters cannot combine fire. Allies who combine fire cannot have their attack prevented or redirected.)

This is basically a combination of Battle Meditation and Crack Shot Gunner. It takes the best of of both and combines it into a force power I think would be really useful, what with all the evade being given to minis. This force power could also be put on some newer versions of minis such as a new Bastilla or Nomi Sunrider, or maybe a non-unique Jedi Battle Commander (or something along those lines). In Kotor, Battle Meditation was supposed to be something really powerful and change the course of battle. I think making it so people's evade is negated is a really good step towards seeing more play from peices that combine fire.

Or to make the existing Bastilla, Nomi and Leia Organa Solo, JK more usefull, maybe a CE could be put on a peice with the Crack Gunner aspect such as follows:

Allies who combine fire cannot have their attacks redirected or negated.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:15 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Quick Reflexes (+6 Def against Attacks of Opportunity)
Take Cover! (If this character is attacked, it gains +4 Def for the rest of the turn)
Difficult Target (This character may not be attacked more than once per turn)
Steadfast (If this character doesn't move this turn, it gains +4 Def until the start of their next turn)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:46 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Minis
Legacy era Sith Lord
Legacy era Jedi Knight
Imperial Remant Stormtrooper
Clone Wars Vetern Stormtrooper (with affinity for Republic)
Seperatist Holdout Trooper (with affinity for Rebels)
More types of pilots
A new version of Kota
A new version of StarKiller
A new version of Juno
Imperial War Driod ( i know there are alot of different type but i would like to see a gen. type than all of them)

Abilities
I would like to see different types of grenades. Ie flash bangs or carbonite freezing grenades.

Carbonite Freezing Gun (replaces single attack, save 16, target character and each adject character are considered activiated and considered frozen. While frozen a character can not activiate, at the being of each int. make a save 16 if save character is no long frozen)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:50 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

[quote="kezzamachine"]

Look - I know this is unpopular, but I would trade everything for a uber-melee Rebel Luke! but you could solve that by making a 50-point uber-melee Luke that had Rebel and NR affinty or something... something from around the transition from Rebel to NR. Since the NR guys don't really like the 74pt Luke and think the GMLS too expensive.

How about a "Shadows of the Empire" Luke, the one where he's in Coruscant guard armour with a force staff(or whatever it is). This would have real melee kick as the staff thingy has deflect and parry(or could have) and the armour has damage reduction. I also don't see why he couldn't have lightsabre abilities 'cos there has to be room under that cape for one.
I also have to confess I've made a couple of these figures and I'm really happy with the way they turned out. I used the head of 'Luke Skywalker Rebel' (RS) and Coruscant guard (COTF).
I'd like to know what you think.
Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:04 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I forgot to mention:

Virtualized CS Maul

A New Nute Gunray with affinity for characters whose names contain maul or sidious, plus a positive commander effect.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:22 am 
General
General

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
A New Nute Gunray with affinity for characters whose names contain maul or sidious, plus a positive commander effect.

I kinda like that Nute has a negative CE. In fact, I'd love to see more characters with some useful ability, but also a negative CE as a drawback. For example, combining Immediate Reserves with a within 6 squares negative CE?

I think that would be very fitting for alot of characters:

Nute Gunray
Admiral Ozzel
Tarkin
Piett
San Hill (a V-Set San Hill would give Seps some interesting choices to make)

We all know these weren't the most competent commanders, why do they need a good CE? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:16 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Wedge772 wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

I kinda like that Nute has a negative CE. In fact, I'd love to see more characters with some useful ability, but also a negative CE as a drawback. For example, combining Immediate Reserves with a within 6 squares negative CE?

I think that would be very fitting for alot of characters:

Nute Gunray
Admiral Ozzel
Tarkin
Piett
San Hill (a V-Set San Hill would give Seps some interesting choices to make)

We all know these weren't the most competent commanders, why do they need a good CE? ;)

for nute gunray a cool commander effecti used was : Droids are subject to this commander effect: Allies gain speed 8 and -2 defense. adjacent character gain bodyguard. IT is a penalty (plus a reason not to play lancers with him as it would reduce their speed.) but still playable. and it shows his ruch strategy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:08 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

DarthJawa wrote:

for nute gunray a cool commander effecti used was : Droids are subject to this commander effect: Allies gain speed 8 and -2 defense. adjacent character gain bodyguard. IT is a penalty (plus a reason not to play lancers with him as it would reduce their speed.) but still playable. and it shows his ruch strategy.

That's a good idea. Maybe he shouldn't be outright postive, but the benefit/drawback you have there really does show his impatient personality. His exploitative nature and ability to discourage others could also be positive effects by being negative for the enemy. I think even though he was not an amazingly great commander, there are plenty of benefits a CE of his could have that are not at all against the nature of his character, like DarthJawa's idea.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:48 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I am probably behind on the times but I don't foresee a new Zam Wessel.

Zam Wessel, Assassin for Hire
Kohoun Infestation
BH +4
Stealth
Shapeshift: This character may move without invoking attacks of opportunity if less than three enemies are within 6 squares.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:03 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I like the idea of making Pilot useful. Take one of the huges and make a cheaper 'unmanned' version. It cannot move unless a pilot is onboard. Treat it like the Rebel Troop Cart or skiff in that it can carry a Pilot. When it is destroyed, the Pilot dies too unless the pilot makes a save of 6 or 11.

Of course you have to figure out what to do with the 2 activations - one for the vehicle and one for the pilot - but Pilot should be more than just a word.

Here's a thought:

Empty Snowspeeder
Cost: 25
HP: 60
Def: 16
Atk: 3
Dmg: 20

SA:
Flight, Damage Reduction 10, Harpoon Gun, Mounted Weapon, Speed 16
Empty Snowspeeder:
This character can transport up to 2 Small or Medium allies who end their moves adjacent to it. Remove those allies from the battle grid; they move simultaneously with this character, may not otherwise move or attack, have cover, and are considered adjacent to it. This character may not move or attack unless it is transporting a Pilot. A transported ally can return to the battle grid immediately before your first activation of the round. If this character is defeated, all transported allies are also defeated; save 6. When making an attack, this character adds the base attack rating of one Pilot it is transporting. Transported Pilots and Gunners gain Snowspeeder Attack(Replaces turn: The Snowspeeder transporting this character takes an immediate turn, which does not count as one of your 2 activations this phase, even if it has already been activated this round. The target Snowspeeder cannot move this turn.)

I'm sure there are big flaws with that. In fact, it's probably even more valuable than the regular Snowspeeder since it acts as a transport, too. But you get the idea.

Last edited by FlyingArrow on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:27 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Max Rebo Band!!

Max Rebo
SA's
Unique
Emplacement
Musician Allied characters within 6 squares +2 At & Df. Enemies -1 At & Df. Musician bonuses & penalties stack with other Musicians.

Droopy McCool

Sy Snootles

the mini Hallmark ornaments are a passable scale

Chewbacca on Squirrel

Chewbacca AT-ST

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next