logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next

Post subject: Re: V-Set 2 - Minis, Force Powers and Abilities You want to See
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:28 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I think yobuck and lancer are good enough counters for the mouse droid problem. Report is tricky to counter cause your effecting a persons squad. I dont know that it would do what you intend either. Say i play Vader Sith apprentice and a bunch of 501st guys and i use lobot and only 1 uggie. if i have 5 501st guys against that san i lose 5 points out of my main build so i drop the uggie and im now 2 points over. What happens? do i have to drop a 10 point piece from my squad and be at 192 point squad vs your 200?

I think if you really want to hurt the mouse droid thing you should do something along there lines.

This is an idea greentime had for a G0-T0.

Criminal Mastermind: As the first action of setup, after seeing your opponent's squad, choose one of the following:

1. Fringe Reinforcements 15: Add up to 15 points of Fringe characters to your squad.

2. Every time your opponent receives Reinforcements or Reserves, subtract 10 from the number of points received.

That either helps you a by giving you 15 points of stuff or spoils what your enemy can do to via rienforcements. It makes them drop 5 mouse droids out of their squad or keeps them from getting the higher costed fringe pieces like he kel dor BH or the Jawa Scavenger.

I just think the squad build shouldn't be interfered with via a SA, however rienforcements are fair game. It would lower dependance on Lobot for sure if you think you will lose half of his rienforcements.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:38 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Weeks wrote:
Say i play Vader Sith apprentice and a bunch of 501st guys and i use lobot and only 1 uggie. if i have 5 501st guys against that san i lose 5 points out of my main build so i drop the uggie and im now 2 points over. What happens? do i have to drop a 10 point piece from my squad and be at 192 point squad vs your 200?

You bring up a good point, Weeks, thank you.

To answer to your question, I would think you'd have to get as close to the squad build limit as possible. So let's take your example and how Cost of Doing Business would work with (or against as the case may be) it:

Imperials 100 Points...with Rapport
Darth Vader, Sith Apprentice (46)
Lobot (27)
501st Legion Stormtrooper x2 (20)
Ugnaught Demolitionist x2 (6)
TOTAL: 99 points

Imperials 100 Points...Vs. San Hill, BCC
Lobot (27)
501st Legion Stormtrooper x2 (22)
TOTAL: 101 points…you lose an Ugnaught bringing you down to 98 points.

NOW…

Let’s see it at 200 points…

Imperials 200 Points…with Rapport
Lobot (27)
501st Legion Stormtrooper x12 (120)
Total: 199 points

Imperials 200 Points…Vs. San Hill, BCC
Lobot (27)
501st Legion Stormtrooper x12 (132)
Total: 211 points

In the 100 point build you lost an Uggie and are down 2 points. Meh. In the 200 build, you lose one 501st Legion Stormtrooper and you're right at 200 points. That’s it.

However, with the Gha Nachkt/Mouse Droid builds this could really do some damage. Or with Amidala and Republic pieces, Cody and Clones…the list goes on. I just think it would be a neat way to counter a build design much like Never Tell Me the Odds, It's a Trap, Disruptive etc. did.

But it’s my baby so of COURSE I like it! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:07 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

GM Brev wrote:
Weeks wrote:
Say i play Vader Sith apprentice and a bunch of 501st guys and i use lobot and only 1 uggie. if i have 5 501st guys against that san i lose 5 points out of my main build so i drop the uggie and im now 2 points over. What happens? do i have to drop a 10 point piece from my squad and be at 192 point squad vs your 200?

You bring up a good point, Weeks, thank you.

To answer to your question, I would think you'd have to get as close to the squad build limit as possible. So let's take your example and how Cost of Doing Business would work with (or against as the case may be) it:

Imperials 100 Points...with Rapport
Lobot (27)
501st Legion Stormtrooper x2 (20)
TOTAL: 99 points

Imperials 100 Points...Vs. San Hill, BCC
Lobot (27)
501st Legion Stormtrooper x2 (22)
TOTAL: 101 points…you lose an Ugnaught bringing you down to 98 points.

NOW…

Let’s see it at 200 points…

Imperials 200 Points…with Rapport
Lobot (27)
501st Legion Stormtrooper x12 (120)
Total: 199 points

Imperials 200 Points…Vs. San Hill, BCC
Lobot (27)
501st Legion Stormtrooper x12 (132)
Total: 211 points

In the 100 point build you lost an Uggie and are down 2 points. Meh. In the 200 build, you lose one 501st Legion Stormtrooper and you're right at 200 points. That’s it.

However, with the Gha Nachkt/Mouse Droid builds this could really do some damage. Or with Amidala and Republic pieces, Cody and Clones…the list goes on. I just think it would be a neat way to counter a build design much like Never Tell Me the Odds, It's a Trap, Disruptive etc. did.

But it’s my baby so of COURSE I like it! ;)

Right its very interesting indeed just though id point something like that out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

not sure if anyone has said it, but I'd like to see a new Fringe Aurra Sing and maybe a new Jango

SWM Trades: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1455

Customs: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3410

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:53 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Had a few more random thoughts for characters it might be interesting to get an update:
Marisiah Fel, Imperial Knight (keep her existing Force Renewal, maybe add a commander effect or Affinity for New Rep to reflect her role as ambassador to the Jedi...)
Hondo Karr, Mandalorian Renegade (perhaps with affinity for New Rep & Empire to reflect his Rogue Squadron & Joker Squad membership)
Corran Horn & Kyp Durron as Jedi Masters....
Rebel Commando Sniper (use the Rebel Marksman)
Jan Orrs
Chewbacca, Wookie Smuggler (fringe, midway between ROTS & RS Chewies...)
Soontir Fel, Imperial Ace (either reflecting his true prowess with the 181st & Rogues, or in his time with the Chiss)
Rogue Squadron Pilot/ Elite Rebel Pilot (perhaps with some sort of affinity/ rapport with Luke/ Wedge/ New Rep?)
Galen Marek, Inspriring Rebel
Starkiller, Vaders Apprentice
R2-D2/ C-3PO/ Chewie for New Rep...

I think that's all I had rattling around in my head.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:44 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

a new corran horn for the nr one from the vong war.
jaden korr
gallandro
nr chewie
nr r2d2 and c3po
nr crix madine possible to bring in rebel commandos into the nr
callista
abeloth
some of the lost sith tribe characters
ewok handler with a ce that grants self destruct to ewoks.
plo koon with force lightning.
sharad hett
master thon
beldorian the hutt
if yoda can be considered old republic (he is kinda old)
members of the dark acolytes to bring in more force using separatists.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:15 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I was thinking about an advanced bacta tank that has its own healing ability. I think it would get more use if it healed figures without the aid of other healers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:43 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

thedisaster wrote:
I was thinking about an advanced bacta tank that has its own healing ability. I think it would get more use if it healed figures without the aid of other healers.

2-1B with Bacta Tank!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:34 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I would like to see some environmental abilities to give u more reason for certain map choices.

Example: Snow Maps- Talz, Hoth Troopers, Snow Troopers, Luke on Tauntaun, etc. gain stealth on snow map in any none hindering terrain square. I realize this is powerful and would need some tweeking and playtesting but it would become a sort of home field advantage for certain character choices and u would not get your map everytime (maybe).

More theme team type abilities: I like seeing theme teams become playable, not just Rebels, Empire, etc. The easy way is through more special abilities and commander effects. The harder way but the more interesting way would to create team cards or team abilities on separate card board. It would take a lot of work because u would have to create keywords like heroclix but then u could make all sort of themes. U could theme by eras, race, planet, subfactions, etc. I know most people do not like change so this will not happen but u can still do more with the abilities and commander effects.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:02 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I would like to see something like :

- Bastila Shan, Sith Apprentice
- Celeste Morne
- Sebulba
- Calo Nord, Bounty Hunter

Darth Traya
Faction: Fringe
Rarity: Very Rare
Size: Medium
Cost: 53

Hit Points: 140
Defense: 21
Attack: +11
Damage: 20

Special Abilities:
Unique (Counts as Kreia)
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Betrayal (On an attack roll of natural 1 against this character, the attacking enemy joins this character's squad until the end of the skirmish)
Affinity (One Old Republic character may be in your squad regardless of faction)
Affinity (Characters there name contains Sith Assassin may be in your squad regardless of faction)
Rapport (Sith Assassin followers cost 2 less when in the same squad as this character)

Force Powers:
Force: 3
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets Force 1 each time he activates)
Master of the Force 2 (May spend Force points up to 2 times in a single turn)
Jedi Mind Trick (Force 1, usable only on this character's turn: range 2; target living enemy is considered activated this round and cannot make attacks of opportunity this turn; save 11)
Force Push 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage; push back target 2 squares if Huge or smaller)
Lightsaber Throw - Force 2, replaces attacks: Choose 1 target enemy within range 6. Make 2 attacks against that target.

Disguised Assassin
Cost:23
Faction: Fringe

HP: 50
Defense: 16
Attack: +7
Damage: 10

Special Abilities:
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Bounty Hunter +4 (This character gets +4 Attack against Unique enemies)
Fake Diplomat (until he attacks, this character has Diplomat [This character is not a legal target, and does not count as the nearest enemy, if an enemy without Diplomat is in line of sight. These restrictions apply even to adjacent attackers.])
Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)

Force Powers:
Force 2
Jedi Mind Trick (Force 1, usable only on this character's turn: range 2; target living enemy is considered activated this round and cannot make attacks of opportunity this turn; save 11)

Republic Rocket-Jumper
Faction: Old Republic
Rarity: C
Size: Medium
Cost: 22

Hit Points: 30
Defense: 17
Attack: 9
Damage: 20

Special Abilities:
Flight (Ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving)
Speed 8 (Can move up to 8 squares and attack, or 16 squares without attacking)
Strafe Attack (As this character moves, it can attack each enemy whose space it enters; this turn, this character cannot attack any enemy twice and cannot move directly back into a space it has just left)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

glasswalkerx wrote:
I would like to see some environmental abilities to give u more reason for certain map choices.

Example: Snow Maps- Talz, Hoth Troopers, Snow Troopers, Luke on Tauntaun, etc. gain stealth on snow map in any none hindering terrain square. I realize this is powerful and would need some tweeking and playtesting but it would become a sort of home field advantage for certain character choices and u would not get your map everytime (maybe).

I kinda like this...would add a little more atmosphere :DSBoom:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:47 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

for uniques i would like to see
Darth anddedu
darth zannah
darth maladi
another darth nihl (a good one)
boss nass
chief chirpa and
jacen in amphistaph armor (from the traitor book)

non uniques i would like to see
more utapaun's
like captains, officers, elites and what not
and the same for the mustifarians, more of them as well.
and maybe an elite gamorean

oh and the rancor keeper (i can never remember his name)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:50 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

sthlrd2 wrote:
oh and the rancor keeper (i can never remember his name)

Malakili is his name, and I think that would be cool. Rapport and Synergy with Rancors would be nice, as would be new stats for the Rancor. Only problem is finding a Rancor, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:53 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Here is what I would like to see:

New Republic:
A Luke Skywalker and a Mara Jade: :mj: from Timothy Zahn's Hand of Thrawn Series (AKA Specter of the Past and Vision of The Future). The idea for these two figues is built on the Force Meld Luke and Mara experienced while in the Hand of Thrawn complex on Nirauan. Also I was thinking Mara could have Fringe affinity to Talon Karrde or the other way around with Mara being Fringe with affinity to New Republic squads with a character named Luke in them. (Edited 12/28/2010)
R2-D2
C-3PO
Chewbacca: but I am not sure what his specs would be.
Kam Soulsar
Tionne Soulsar
Saba Sebatyne: Leia's Jedi Apprentice
Zekk, Redemed Jedi Knight
Lowbacca

Sith:
Tahiri Veila, Sith Apprentice: from when she was Jacen/Darth Caedus's apprentice.

Fringe:
Tahiri Veila, Bounty Hunter

Yuuzhan Vong:
Onimi: We have a Supreme Overlord Shimmrra now lets see his familiar who controlled him. Also he should have some sort of Force Ability because he was able to restore the Force to himself by implanting yammosk tissue in himself. Also I had a rough idea for Onimi:

Onimi, Shimmrra's Familiar
Hit Points: 80?
Defense: 18-19
Attack: 0
Damage: 0

Special Abilities:
Poison Manipulation, replaces turn: this character gains the following ability: Poison Attack: (This character may make an attack against an adjacent enemy character at +10 for 20. Each turn that character must make a save of 11. On a success the character is no longer poisoned.)
Force Powers:
Force: 4
Force Dominate (Force 2: Once per turn you may take control of a enemy character. At the end of that character's turn it is considered as activated and takes 10 damage.)
Force Incapacitate (Force 1: Once per turn you may target an enemy character with 6 squares. This character is considered activated for this round.)

If I am missing anything that anyone thinks should be added or changed let me know or If I come up with any ideas for the above figures specs I will edit this post.

Last edited by MFalcon on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:11 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

ive always thought there should be a difference in the light saber deflect or light saber defense saves depending on the quality of jedi. we have different levels of crab armor. i see no reason why a grand master luke or grand master yoda shouldnt have a higher level like master light saber defense save 6.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:30 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
R5Don4 wrote:
Chewbacca on Squirrel

Chewbacca on Squirrel or Squirrelbacca

Rebel
Large Base
VR
Cost 29
HP 180
DF 17
AT 9
DM 20

Unique
Wookiee
Affinity Republic and New Republic
Speed 12
Wallclimber
Momentum
Charging Assault +20
Demolish
Cleave

Riding to expected death on a last charge

or

Star Wars inspires every facet of society. It’s a lush, rich universe we all like take a part of for ourselves.

Interview with artist

R5Don4 wrote:
Wait til you see the custom mini for it I'm working on.

Materials needed:

1. Chewbacca miniature with legs spread widely apart. Wizards made 7 Chewies and they all have their legs spread apart, so any will work for this miniature except Chewpio for obvious reasons, (all Star Wars fans know C-3PO would never ride on the back of a Wookiee on the back of giant rodent even if he were dismembered.) I think I will go with Chewie from RotS even though I will have to fix his weapon to be his more iconic Crossbow.

2. Squirrel miniature of the appropriate size, the cuter the better. Plenty of cute squirrel miniatures around just find one that suits you. Next time you are at your mother in law's for Sunday dinner have a look in her curio cabinet. When no one is looking go ahead and swipe it, she'll never miss it. If you really can't find a squirrel mini that you are happy with you can always use a spare Dejarik piece-the advantage to this is you don't have to mount it on a base because it already has one.

3. A large SWM or DDM base. Darktrooper Phase 2 I'm looking at you. Sure the Phase 1 is miles worse, but you also suck and your tip toe stance makes it easier to remove you from your base.

4. Knife & Glue. Any old knife will do- the sharpest blade will make the easiest cuts. For glue, I found plastic miniature glue at the hobby store, it melts the plastics together for a strong bond- note this will only work if your miniature squirrel is plastic. Alternatively Krazy Glue is the old stand by.

Procedure

Glue Chewie to the Squirrel's back and glue the squirrel to the base. Wait til glue dries, give it a little kiss and you are ready to go.

billiv15 wrote:
It's not too far until he actually posts a picture of chewy on a squirrel that he actually cut up and made :)

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
We have a fake squirrel setting on the bookshelf. Tempting, very tempting... lol.

Merry Christmas Gamers!

Last edited by R5Don4 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:06 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE did it

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:31 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

R5Don4 wrote:

Merry Christmas Gamers!

"Our shields can't repell firepower of that magitude!!!!!!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:34 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I apologize if someone has already suggested this, but I would really like to see more characters from the Darth Bane trilogy. Like Zannah, a new Bane, the gloom walkers, Lord Qordis, Githany. Most of all I would love to see a Darth Cognus with her ability to see glimpses of the future.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:56 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Luke, Palpatines Young Apprentice (Watching RotJ) :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next