PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:47 am 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010

I did in my ie release almost won too

Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

My initial rare pulls were terrible. Chameleon Droid, Ewok on Hang Glider, Queen Amidala (with only 1 Republic non-unique).
The first round I laughed it off, figuring the odds would be even enough I could muddle through - and I was right.

Then when I got the Glider, I figured round 2 would be a miracle. Facing Jonny's Ani on Stap didn't leave room for miracles. :P
Somewhere after that I was handed Emperor Palpatine and Anakin Solo, and those guys are the MVP right now. Paired with Kyp from IE, I just hang back with Anakin until Kyp is dead and then he moves into position to Unleash the Force. I am 2 for 2 with that play. It's completely devastating and nearly unrecoverable from, in this format.

Last time the rare was CS Qui-Gon. This time, it's something even stronger, so I think things could be turning around.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:40 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Definitely not turning around for me.

In my 5 losses:

2 Legacy boosters
1 KotOR booster
1 Clone Wars booster
1 IE booster
0 Jedi Academy boosters
0 Galaxy at War boosters
0 Dark Times boosters

Lobot is my only rare rated 7.7 or higher on BlooMilk.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

FlyingArrow wrote:
Definitely not turning around for me.

In my 5 losses:

2 Legacy boosters
1 KotOR booster
1 Clone Wars booster
1 IE booster
0 Jedi Academy boosters
0 Galaxy at War boosters
0 Dark Times boosters

Lobot is my only rare rated 7.7 or higher on BlooMilk.

It's possible to win in this format without using rares, the keys are damage output and survivability.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grand Moff Boris wrote:

It's possible to win in this format without using rares, the keys are damage output and survivability.

Definitely. My loss to Obi came at the hands of his like 15 C/UCs squad, granted he did have R2 Astro and new gree, but there wasn't alot of places for my high HP guys to hide from that many shooters. Having one of his deadeye guys shoot Vader 3 times needing 16+ didn't really help me either. lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:58 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Boba52 wrote:
Having one of his deadeye guys shoot Vader 3 times needing 16+ didn't really help me either. lol

Two words: Combine fire! ;) :lol:

Course even then that didn't help a lot.... :roll:

*sigh* nothing better than having 3 guys combine fire to hit a guy and all you need is a 4 to hit....and you roll a 3.... *head to desk*. :P

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:41 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

So where did everyone go? It's kinda quiet on the Booster League results page....

Can people who haven't played in like 5 weeks just get moved on to the next matchup and take the auto loss/ auto win? Its taking a long time for some people to get their round 7 games in, and I'd like to get my round 9 game in.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:13 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

It looks like the league died.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:21 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

obikenobi1 wrote:
So where did everyone go? It's kinda quiet on the Booster League results page....

Can people who haven't played in like 5 weeks just get moved on to the next matchup and take the auto loss/ auto win? Its taking a long time for some people to get their round 7 games in, and I'd like to get my round 9 game in.

talk to dean

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:10 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

FlyingArrow wrote:
It looks like the league died.

I was hoping a blunt statement like that would lead to protestations that the league was not in fact dead... :?:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:14 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I don't think it's dead, i just think that everybody's busy right now with Regionals and such. I would expect it to pick back up a bit as we move into June, and certainly after GenCon.

I'm planning to continue playing as I'm able to.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:50 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
I don't think it's dead, i just think that everybody's busy right now with Regionals and such. I would expect it to pick back up a bit as we move into June, and certainly after GenCon.

I'm planning to continue playing as I'm able to.

I don't see what regionals has to do with it. Regionals is only one day a week - on a Saturday, no less - and PMing people to get games in can occur AT ANY TIME.

Sorry, Aaron, this is not aimed at you, yours just happens to be the post that I think most relevant to make the point. The issue is that we as a group are waiting on one or two people to play their games so everyone else can start catching up. For whatever reason, Dean has not stepped in and handed losses to move things along the way he did before (which I was perfectly fine with that approach, don't get me wrong).

It's not his fault, either. If there are people who have stopped playing then let's drop them or replace them so the rest of us can get going again. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:05 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Regionals are NOT one day a week for many of us. Many people are playing extra games during the week to prepare. Some of us are RUNNING our regionals, and therefore require a lot of extra prep time and other work. Plus, it just has to do with focus. Most people getting on Vassal right now are going to be playing the squads that they want to practice with for Regionals. Of course, this isn't to say we can't still get in Booster League games too, it's just not as likely.

And as for me...I've PM'd my next opponent and never heard anything back...so...

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:00 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
Regionals are NOT one day a week for many of us. Many people are playing extra games during the week to prepare. Some of us are RUNNING our regionals, and therefore require a lot of extra prep time and other work. Plus, it just has to do with focus. Most people getting on Vassal right now are going to be playing the squads that they want to practice with for Regionals. Of course, this isn't to say we can't still get in Booster League games too, it's just not as likely.

And as for me...I've PM'd my next opponent and never heard anything back...so...

Two things:

1. It's not even about getting in booster league games. It's about the people who are behind communicating with their scheduled opponents and/or posting on the boards that they want to hold off. So far, that doesn't seem to be happening.

2. It should be obvious to anyone who takes a moment to look at the schedule who we are waiting on. Are those people eating-breathing-sweating regional practice? I seriously doubt it. The regionals are over for some if not all of them at this point.

(Not talking about you, either - let me say that again, Aaron.)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:21 pm 
General
General

At this point I am still waiting on gunther to reply at all. It s been about a month since I tried to contact him last.

Khanbob42You, sir, are amazing :D

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:58 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I'm sure people can find some time to put in their games. I played a game with a time limit, so it a game doesn't necessarily require a 2-3 hour commitment. If you can only play for 45 minutes, that's fine!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:39 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

obikenobi1 wrote:
I'm sure people can find some time to put in their games. I played a game with a time limit, so it a game doesn't necessarily require a 2-3 hour commitment. If you can only play for 45 minutes, that's fine!

I agree.

At any rate, I don't at this point expect the league to complete anyway. But for my own sense of closure, I'm going to drop out of the league at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:55 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm disappointed how the league just stopped with no effort to make the people who were holding it up get their games in or forfeit them. I was really enjoying Vassal for a change with this!! Oh well, if someone wants to start a new version of the league I will play again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I'm hoping this league hasn't died. Please get your games in people! Even thought we may be waiting for a few people, that doesn't mean you can't go to your next matchup and face the next person. Just agree to not use any of your new boosters, its as simple as that. Get games in!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:08 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

obikenobi1 wrote:
I'm hoping this league hasn't died. Please get your games in people! Even thought we may be waiting for a few people, that doesn't mean you can't go to your next matchup and face the next person. Just agree to not use any of your new boosters, its as simple as that. Get games in!

Dude, I am 3-4 games ahead and the game I am waiting on is being held up by the person who hasn't finished his earlier round games.