logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:22 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:39 am
Posts: 4876
Here's a thread for random chit chat about the league. All the other threads seemed to have an official purpose, so I didn't know where else to post this piece of brilliant game commentary:



On my 7th booster, I finally pulled a VR! Look for Tion Medon in a squad soon! :(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
FlyingArrow wrote:
Here's a thread for random chit chat about the league. All the other threads seemed to have an official purpose, so I didn't know where else to post this piece of brilliant game commentary:



On my 7th booster, I finally pulled a VR! Look for Tion Medon in a squad soon! :(


Lol! Hopefully you will get a Utapaun on Dactilion soon also.

I can't complain with my last booster pull....I got an Ewok! Yet another mini for my Rodian Trader to give medical supplies to. :D

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:40 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:39 am
Posts: 4876
obikenobi1 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Here's a thread for random chit chat about the league. All the other threads seemed to have an official purpose, so I didn't know where else to post this piece of brilliant game commentary:



On my 7th booster, I finally pulled a VR! Look for Tion Medon in a squad soon! :(


Lol! Hopefully you will get a Utapaun on Dactilion soon also.

I can't complain with my last booster pull....I got an Ewok! Yet another mini for my Rodian Trader to give medical supplies to. :D


Aren't you the one who pulled both Gen Wedge and Doombot? If so, you have your quota of good pulls for the whole league. For that matter, I think you got my good pull, too. :D


Last edited by FlyingArrow on Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:10 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:46 pm
Posts: 7960
Location: West Chester, OH (near Cincinnati)
LOL, I finally lost a game and get a more recent booster....what do I pull? Yep, General Aayla Secura. Yay! :roll:

At least I have a smattering of Clones for her to work with, so it's not completely useless. Still could've been much better though. Oh well.

_________________
-Aaron
Mand'alor
"You either die a hero, or you live to see yourself become the villain."
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 2004
Location: Minnesota
At least none of you got a worthless Clone Strike booster. I actually tried to play with Mundi thinking he would help me win that crucial init. I lost them all... :DSBoom: :(

Here's hoping I finally get someone with a gun!

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:30 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
I wouldn't mind a CS booster. That way i might get lucky and pull a BDO and Darth Maul, Aurra Sing or Yoda! :shock: :o :D

Now that would be awesome! 8-)

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:06 am 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:46 pm
Posts: 7960
Location: West Chester, OH (near Cincinnati)
obikenobi1 wrote:
I wouldn't mind a CS booster. That way i might get lucky and pull a BDO and Darth Maul, Aurra Sing or Yoda! :shock: :o :D

Now that would be awesome! 8-)


Good luck. That's how I ended up with a Destroyer Droid. Now granted, if I was opening up actual boosters, I would've been ecstatic, as the DDs are tough to track down. For this league? Not so much.

I would love some better Droid Synergy as well. I've got a slew of Droids so far, and not one thing that actually works well to boost them....sigh

_________________
-Aaron
Mand'alor
"You either die a hero, or you live to see yourself become the villain."
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:18 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
HEY! I picked two Clone Strike Boosters to start off with. I don't use a single piece from them anymore, which is unfortunate as I pulled General Kenobi, there's just no room for him with all the great pulls I've had since by losing all 5 of my matches thus far...

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:04 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
LoboStele wrote:

I would love some better Droid Synergy as well. I've got a slew of Droids so far, and not one thing that actually works well to boost them....sigh


Well that's kinda why I want a CS booster. Where else do you get a BDO? CS is the only set to have them. If I could actually get one, then I could actually use the droids I got in my first 2 boosters. I have a LR-57 Combat Droid that needs some support really bad! +6 attack just doesn't cut it. Great abilities and all, but really need the BDO to make him useful.

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:20 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:05 pm
Posts: 1170
I got a worth less ROTS booster.

Yea i lost a game with 189 points :o :cry: :DSBoom: :shock: :!: :?: :( :o :DS2: :DSBoom: :!:

I am still useing some of my orginal pieces, In my round 5 game, I think i used 4 of them.

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:19 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
empirejeff wrote:
I got a worth less ROTS booster.

Yea i lost a game with 189 points :o :cry: :DSBoom: :shock: :!: :?: :( :o :DS2: :DSBoom: :!:

I am still useing some of my orginal pieces, In my round 5 game, I think i used 4 of them.


75% of my squad i use right now is what i got in my first 2 boosters. Just goes to show how useful GaW and CW boosters are...... :D

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:07 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
Woot! I just got a RotS booster and I got Mace Windu,Jedi Master! :D 8-)

"This party's over!" Mace "in your face" Windu :P

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:20 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:05 pm
Posts: 1170
obikenobi1 wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
I got a worth less ROTS booster.

Yea i lost a game with 189 points :o :cry: :DSBoom: :shock: :!: :?: :( :o :DS2: :DSBoom: :!:

I am still useing some of my orginal pieces, In my round 5 game, I think i used 4 of them.


75% of my squad i use right now is what i got in my first 2 boosters. Just goes to show how useful GaW and CW boosters are...... :D


What about champion of the force? I did not get an uggie, but i did get some super stealth door opener.

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:21 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
obikenobi1 wrote:
Woot! I just got a RotS booster and I got Mace Windu,Jedi Master! :D 8-)

"This party's over!" Mace "in your face" Windu :P



Lol. How'd that Mace work out for ya ;)


just teasing

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:29 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 am
Posts: 1450
Location: Morris, MN
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:
Woot! I just got a RotS booster and I got Mace Windu,Jedi Master! :D 8-)

"This party's over!" Mace "in your face" Windu :P



Lol. How'd that Mace work out for ya ;)


just teasing


yeah for that game it was more like Mace "on his face" Windu. :lol:

Wow....terrible debut for such a decent peice. Maybe next time things will go better. :roll: :D

_________________
Image

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 pm 
General
General

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:04 am
Posts: 400
I managed to get Darth Vader Imperial Commander before game with jonny.

That helped so much and allowed me to change up half my squad so i could actually attempt to use non-melee stormies and other troopers without a lot of worry of dieing on one shot if I missed.

On a side note just got COTF booster and Bariss isn't gonna be used at least not yet. The Sev though just made it into my lineup and my CS arc is sitting on sidelines. I finally have an accurate shooter.

_________________
Every move in this game is the wrong move. You just hope your opponent's move is more wrong then yours.
Image3.0
Quote:
Khanbob42You, sir, are amazing :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:00 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:05 pm
Posts: 1170
Gurneywars wrote:
I managed to get Darth Vader Imperial Commander before game with jonny.

That helped so much and allowed me to change up half my squad so i could actually attempt to use non-melee stormies and other troopers without a lot of worry of dieing on one shot if I missed.

On a side note just got COTF booster and Bariss isn't gonna be used at least not yet. The Sev though just made it into my lineup and my CS arc is sitting on sidelines. I finally have an accurate shooter.


I just scored 175 points and lost.

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:04 am 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 335
hey guys the best mini i have is hett which i got in my first two packs. but we all know he is more flash than practical in games like and i don't have a single raider.

_________________
Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:53 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:46 pm
Posts: 3199
Location: Waterloo, ON
chit chat land..
hmm, I get to complain about my boosters?
Even when I lose I get crap! :P
for instance.. I now have Oddball to add to my squad.. yipee!

_________________
Winner of the Knights of the SWMGamers Stats Contest
<Joruus (GFC)> - Sheesh, I swear you're like Fool 2.0 (and you can quote me on it xD)
Archives of the Gamers Jedi
Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Booster League Chit Chat
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:36 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 1276
Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
As Dean always says he can very powerful in this format.

Personally I don't see how, but that is what Dean always says, no matter what crap he's pulled for me. Better luck next time. You can't pull Crix and Commandos every time.

_________________
ImageImage


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield