logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:55 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Boris, do you still need me to tweak my character's story, or did you come up with an idea? If you just wanna shoot me your idea, I can make something to fit it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:53 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hahaha, this is a first for me too. If you have the SAGA book though, it only takes a couple hours to sit down and sift through the important stuff, and put together a character. Then....yeah, I think we'll do the whole thing through the forums here. I would suggest to Boris that we create two threads when we actually get started. One for the actually 'playing' where we'll post story elements, choices on what actions we'll take, results of dice rolls, etc. Then we can have a separate thread that is for player 'banter', or the inane prattle that we'll all probably want to have at some point, or the comments that we might make that don't actually pertain to the story itself. Then Boris can moderate the threads and move off-topic posts out of the 'story' thread and into the 'comments' thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:19 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
Boris, do you still need me to tweak my character's story, or did you come up with an idea? If you just wanna shoot me your idea, I can make something to fit it. :)

[EVIL GM] I did but decided not to tell you what's really going on. Gonna work it into the storyline instead. Muahahahaha [/EVIL GM]

I will PM you with relevant info about your character.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ah, sweet! That sounds like more fun anyways. :D Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:20 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Hey everybody. I just actually bought the saga book two days ago and am very interested in playing. I also just noticed this thread and if it's still possible to get in, well then sign me up. If I cant, well then maybe next time. This would be my first time playing as well, but I think I got a good grasp of the rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:18 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

We are ready to begin.

The way this will work is that I will post the opening scene and give each of you a chance to respond before I post the next event. I will wait a few days between transitions of events, unless everyone in the group has posted, then I will just proceed.

The opening scene will be coming today or tomorrow. In the meantime, all of the characters in this scenario have met, and so each of you may post a brief description of your character. Be careful not to give away anything you don't want others to know.

Special note: Lobostele, I am PMing you, so please wait until after you get my message to respond to this post.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:29 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hahaha, I figured. Seeing as how you tweaked my character's story and I have no clue what it is yet.

We going to start a new set of threads for this?

I was thinking we could have a thread where we are actually 'playing' and one where we can discuss things out of character if need be.

Would be fun to introduce ourselves 'in character'. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:15 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Okay.

It is time to begin.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

Star Wars Episode 1.19

With rumors of war brewing across the galaxy as more and more star systems join the new Separatist movement under the leadership of the former Jedi COUNT DOOKU, a planet in the Mon Calamari system, one that provides a great amount of commerce and economic stability to the REPUBLIC is facing growing pressure from a faction of its citizens to secede from the long-running bureaucracy. Many in the Senate fear the loss of the planet, named Tarumus Frill, to the Separatists could negatively impact the galaxy's economy, and are calling for a blockade to ensure the planet stays loyal.

Yet, cooler heads prevailed, and a diplomatic envoy of Jedi was dispatched to resolve the matter peacefully. Three Jedi, flown to the planet of Tarumus Frill by an Ithorian pilot aboard a standard transport vessel, are the galaxy's best hope for continued peace and harmony (no pressure).

Meanwhile, the son of the ruling family on Tarumus, a young Mon Cal named Umrak, has returned home with his loyal bodyguard and friend, Satoris, at the request of his father, a wealthy businessman who has served in the Senate for the last few years...

The first scene begins in the conference room of the capital builiding on the planet. Everyone that has submitted a character to me by now is present for this scene. Introduce yourself. Describe your appearance, everything you want the other players to notice about you. All of you are seated around a long table, with Umrak's father at the front, Sartoris is next to him, the three jedi envoys on the opposite side of the table, and two Frill ambassadors, Mon Cals, and loyal servants of the Senator's family.
Okay guys, introduce yourselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:06 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

<Umrak leans back in his chair and looks around the room... seemingly at ease in what should be a somewhat tense situation. When he scans the room, he seems to almost skip past his father... but perhaps that's just familiarity.>

<Umrak is dressed in somewhat "casual" formal attire... nicely tailored shirt and breeches, and an embroidered cloak thrown back over the chair he sits at. Even for a MonCal, Umrak is small and thin... yet the fire in his eyes and his infectious smile seems to show a strength within.>

<Without hesitation, Umrak speaks up...>

Looks like we're all here, so perhaps we should begin...

<Umrak catches his father's eyes, and smoothly stops himself. As if he meant it to go that way he gracefully hands off...>

... Father, perhaps we should start with introductions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:23 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

<Hekar looks about the room, diplomatic missions were tricky, every word seemed to carry unimaginable weight when speaking of cession from the republic. Systems leaving the republic would only lead to an imbalance of power in the galaxy. That means war.>

Well Perhaps I will start, I am Hekar Plex, Republic Ambassador here on behalf of The Senate and it's Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, and member of the Jedi Order.
<Hekar bows low as he speaks and removes his hands from the sleeves>

<Hekar is young but speaks with precision. His brown hair falls about shoulder length. He wears traditional Jedi Robes and his lightsaber hangs about his left hip.>

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:44 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

<An Ithorian dressed simply in a utility jumpsuit, stands, and speaks. His voice has an unusual flutter in the deep stereo effect of Ithorian speech, as if four voices speak as one, with one slightly out of synch.>

"I am Bagwaw Beedo, priviledged to observe these important talk-alks. May wisdom prevail. Calm can easily turn to conflict, yet conflict less easily returns to calm-alm."

<He stands another few moments, blinks, and sits down abruptly.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:02 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

(ooc: I will be out of town for a few days, and will be back by Saturday. I'll continue posts from there. Boris, feel free to speak on my behalf as necessary)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:06 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

This game has officially moved to its own thread.

http://swmgamers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1153

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:50 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Boris sent you what I want for my character sorry for taking so long to reply.

Post subject: Re: Anyone interested in play-by-post?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:40 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

i wanna play!,i have a set of stats that i will post later if you let me play!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:41 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LS100 wrote:
i wanna play!,i have a set of stats that i will post later if you let me play!

PM your character concept, including stats.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:13 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Is this still running?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:21 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yep. Sort of.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:23 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Yep. Sort of.

Ok, well can I join? Or is it too late?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:20 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

If you can make your own character, you can play.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next