SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

Official PBP thread for my group
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1153
Page 5 of 6

Author:  omnimpotent [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

"Such a beautiful design. The organic forms of the Mon Calamari shipwrights are trul-uly artworks. It is the tragedy of our era that they be pressed into the service of destruction. If the Force-orce is with us, perhaps the mere existance of such warships may deter hostilities, and the warship can serve as a monument to our current folly."

Author:  Grambo [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

"Indeed, that is precisely what we're here for... shall we?"

<with the group together, Umrak approaches the airlock and steps through the inner door>

Author:  Luke_Skywalker [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

Hekar follows behind Umrak, <Inner Monologue "Why hasn't the council responded, Master Yoda would surely be concerned." > He feels uneasy as he approaches the airlock.

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Hekar follows behind Umrak, <Inner Monologue "Why hasn't the council responded, Master Yoda would surely be concerned." > He feels uneasy as he approaches the airlock.


Yes, they should have responded by now. But as I said when you "search your feelings" nothing feels wrong.

Author:  Luke_Skywalker [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

<just to mention it, but no one has posted in this thread in the last 12 days. It is approaching 2 weeks so with that in mind I am going to act now having patiently decided that no one else is going to in the immediate future>

Hekar: "So this is the pride of the Mon Calamari building technique, Very impressive. How many Batteries does it have, and how much power does it deliver? How many fightercraft can it hold in it's bays?" <Hekar wonders about the seperatists desire for war, could these ships prevail against an armada of Droid control ships?>

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

A Mon Calamari greets you at the airlock, dressed in a standard Mon Cal engineer's uniform, just in time for Hekar's barrage of questions. He smiles at him.

"All in good time, all in good time."

"But first, let me welcome aboard the Vornell," he says to all of you. "I hope you will find the ship to your liking. There will be plenty of time for a tour, but for now, allow me to introduce myself. I am Shervank, captain of this ship...

"...and the person most responsible for its development," the senator chimes in.

"Senator, you are too kind," the captain continues. "I merely offered my experience from work at Republic ship yards. But enough of the formalities, I don't need Jedi senses to tell that you must all be tired from the long trip. Rest here for a day, and tomorrow we will begin the tour."

The senator interrupts again. "I'm sorry Captain, but I'm afraid we don't have a day. Is this ship ready to launch?"

"Well, there are still a few systems that...."

"I'll take that as a yes; the other systems can be completed en route. As of this moment I am assuming command of the Vornell."

"Sir?" the Mon Cal seems confused. "On whose authority? I was promised this ship as part of my payment..."

"And it will still be your ship when we have completed our mission. Don't worry, you are still in command of the day-to-day operations, but until further notice you will follow MY orders." He smiles reassuringly, then hands the captain a datapad. "Here is the authority you requested."

The captain studies it for a few seconds. "This is from the Prime Minister," he says after reading it, then snaps to attention. "The ship is yours, Senator. I will inform the crew."

The captain turns to leave. I await responses...

Author:  LoboStele [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

"So....we are coming along? Doing a training mission?"

<<Sartoris moves closer to Umrak. Sudden events present opportunities for enemies.>>

Author:  omnimpotent [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

Hmmm... very unusual. A Senator takes personal command of a prototype warship, in order to take it on it's shakedown cruise before all of it's systems have been completed, while escorting a number of diplomatic negotiators from the Republic? How very precipitous. Perhaps the urgency to quell public unrest by 'showing the flag' to the nervous populace whilst simultaneously demonstrating the Vornell's capabilities (and thus this government's power and establishing a bargaining position) to the seemingly inexperienced Jedi could be the source of such haste.

Unless there are more unseemly agendas at work. Bagwaw resolves to stay attentive to unfolding events, and to stay open to the voice of the Great Mother. And also to stay close to the Jedi.

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

omnimpotent wrote:
Hmmm... very unusual. A Senator takes personal command of a prototype warship, in order to take it on it's shakedown cruise before all of it's systems have been completed, while escorting a number of diplomatic negotiators from the Republic? How very precipitous. Perhaps the urgency to quell public unrest by 'showing the flag' to the nervous populace whilst simultaneously demonstrating the Vornell's capabilities (and thus this government's power and establishing a bargaining position) to the seemingly inexperienced Jedi could be the source of such haste.

Unless there are more unseemly agendas at work. Bagwaw resolves to stay attentive to unfolding events, and to stay open to the voice of the Great Mother. And also to stay close to the Jedi.


Let's hope the Great Mother hasn't come down with a case of laryngitis. :P

Author:  Luke_Skywalker [ Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

Hekar "Searches his Feelings" concerning the situation wanting to know if there would be consequences to asking to see those orders. <taking 10 to produce a 23 on the "Use The Force" check>

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Hekar "Searches his Feelings" concerning the situation wanting to know if there would be consequences to asking to see those orders. <taking 10 to produce a 23 on the "Use The Force" check>


I don't know that you can take 10 on a Force check, can you? I will have to read up on that. If you have a pg. number to reference, that would speed things up.

Author:  Luke_Skywalker [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

pg 60 when you are not in a rush and not being threatened or distracted you may choose to take 10. top of page right column. Use the Force has no exception noted.

Author:  Grambo [ Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

<Umrak tries to catch the Senator's face, to get a sense of what is going on... he normally can read him well enough>

<whispered to Sartoris>

"I do believe we're in for an interesting trip..."

<Umrak follows on board, still watching the Senator closely...>

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

Sorry for the delay. I have been sketching out what I want to do with this campaign, which is part of why I haven't posted much lately.

I am ready to proceed.

Hekar, something's not right here. You sense a... disturbance in the Force. Nothing dangerous aboard the ship, but still, you should be on your toes. A simple nod to the other Jedi with you and they realize the same thing.

The Senator turns to all of you and says, "I must take my leave of you for now, if you will excuse me. The crewman here (he points to an Mon Cal standing in the corner) can show you to your quarters. I will alert you when we have reached our destination."

Author:  LoboStele [ Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

"Sounds good. Got anything to eat around here?"

Author:  Grambo [ Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

"Oh, they will have something for us... steering by stomach again, Sartoris?"

<Umrak chuckles at his own funny, as only a MonCal can>

Author:  Luke_Skywalker [ Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

Hekar's thoughts linger on what danger awaits. He remains composed, but he lets his robe flow a little more open than usual, and keeps his right hand close to his lightsaber.

Author:  LoboStele [ Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

Grambo wrote:
"Oh, they will have something for us... steering by stomach again, Sartoris?"



Sartoris gives Umrak a slightly strange, sidewards glance, followed by a smile. "Well, when I'm not thinking with my blaster, I'm thinking with my stomach. I wonder if we can just wander around and explore the ship?"

Author:  Luke_Skywalker [ Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

"Well, if you would be kind enough, I would like to see my temporary quarters." Hekar says to the young Mon Cal.

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official PBP thread for my group

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Hekar's thoughts linger on what danger awaits. He remains composed, but he lets his robe flow a little more open than usual, and keeps his right hand close to his lightsaber.


Except Hekar is left-handed!! :shock:

Just kidding.

Page 5 of 6 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/