logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Custom Mygeeto Map on now on The-Holocron
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:16 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Hello all,
I just joined here but have been a WOTC board member since 2005 under a similar name. It seems the WOTC boards are pretty dead so I thought I would post this here. I revisited an old map I started but never finished and just sent it to _NickName_ to put on http://www.the-holocron.com. It is inspired by the Battlefront 2 game on the Mygeeto level. There is a full size version and a sliced version for download. It is probably a bit too shooter friendly, but it is definitely better than it was originally. The AAT was provided by Lingster from his Naboo tiles. Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Here is a low res preview.

Post subject: Re: Custom Mygeeto Map on now on The-Holocron
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:35 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Welcome to the board
really like the map, been waiting for a map of a battlefield, my Stormtroopers are getting pale from fighting inside so long :lol:

"Jackson: What's this?
Carter: This is ethylpropyl...
Jackson: Which is?
Carter: Nerve gas.
Jackson: Okay. Putting that back."

Post subject: Re: Custom Mygeeto Map on now on The-Holocron
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Visually it is a very nice, if somewhat plain map. A little more texturing on the gray tiles and filling in details where you have blacked-out areas would take it to the next level.

My first thought at looking at it for playability was that this is a shooters map. It appears that there are many long lines of sight, even into the starting areas of each side. Of course, I could be wrong. There is a utility that many folks have spoken about on this board that does line-of-sight determinations. I can't remember the name of it, but look around and I'm certain you will find it. I would recommend running the map through the utility, and trying to break-up line of sight.

Basic Studies: 397/540 [RS:51/60, CS:41/60, SITH:47/60, UNV:46/60, COTF:54/60, BH:51/60, AE:51/60, FU:51/60, LF:51/60]
Advanced: 47/102 [ATAT:1/1, ENDOR:4/4, R&I:5/24, SS2007:6/6, HBP:17/17; PROMOS 14/60]