logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: New Map Project - taking input
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:17 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Hey Folks I am starting to look at designing a new map. Location to be "inspired" by the episodes of Star Wars The Clone Wars - Grevious's Lair.

Obvisously I am going to look at that episode very closely, but I am willing to listen to the commuity. I have a couple rough ideas in mind.

So, fire away

Post subject: Re: New Map Project - taking input
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow. I just got my Nahdar 3 3/4 mail away figure yesterday lol. Well you gotta have the control room and the secret inner sanctum. I would say the Trophy room is a must as well. It would be awesome if the map could have room for part of Gor's arena and the Landing platform outside the lair, but probably not going to happen. Might be awesome just to have the room where Grievous activates the trap and the jedi fall to Gor's Arena and just play on one of these maps- Juan3000 SithAcademy or SavageBattle maps

I would say having the Control Room, Inner Sanctum, Trophy Room, BodyGuard Activation room, Trap Room, Parts storage and operating room and hallways and such that would be the start of a pretty solid map content-wise. What do you think?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:44 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yeah I was loking at the landing pad. Problem is that you only see one main entrance with it. So now I am trying to figure out to have that main hallway run diagonaly across the map. It is proving interesting.

I want to incude the statue rooms, hall, pit, Gor area, bodyguard room, observation room, medical room (put greivous back together room) parts room.

It may be too much for the 34x22. But I think you hit the main areas I was thinking of.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:40 pm 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

That sounds like the basics of it. Lots of dark corners, a main central hallway in a cross 3 wide so it's huge friendly. Then the main door on one end lengthwise and as the pieces advance you have the hologram chair, trophy room, statue room, Gor's arena, and finally Grievous's parts room and security center in the back. You could even fudge the rooms a bit for playability and appearances sake. Like having trophy room and statues immediately past the door. And then just rooms on either side. Secret passages leading to the command center is a must though. Maybe keep them straight so a huge can shoot into them?