SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

Jedi Cartographer's Custom Map Thread
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=290
Page 3 of 5

Author:  Jedicartographer [ Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Here is your weekly sneak preview of the Theed Map, make sure you PM me or get yourself on this thread to get this map!

Preview number 1_ The map is full of winding narrow stair cases, but don't worry. Rheres PLENTY of room for rigid huges as well.






Image[/img]

Author:  Jedicartographer [ Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:48 am ]
Post subject: 

Gambit is very obvious on this map, Just look for the marble meddalion!!!!


Image
[/img]

Author:  Lex [ Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:24 am ]
Post subject: 

The medallion looks great. Good idea for Gambit.
Will you add magenta lines for walls later?

Author:  hothie [ Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Looking good JC. I like the large medallion in the center, and how open it is. No gambit squatting in this one, which I am all for. I like the fountain and the staircases, too. Keep up the good work. :D

Author:  punxnbutter [ Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

That medallion is cool; kind of like the icon on the table I have for my back deck.....haha

Author:  Jedicartographer [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:11 am ]
Post subject: 

Lex wrote:
The medallion looks great. Good idea for Gambit.
Will you add magenta lines for walls later?


Yeah, I havent added them yet that ususally the very last thing i do on a map. other than sign the lower right corner :wink:

Author:  Jedicartographer [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:14 am ]
Post subject: 

hothie wrote:
Looking good JC. I like the large medallion in the center, and how open it is. No gambit squatting in this one, which I am all for. I like the fountain and the staircases, too. Keep up the good work. :D


I'm trying to be me more aware of gambit on my latest maps, I like a closed area for gambit, with enough space for huges.

Thanks! I look forward to some scenarios involving this map!

Author:  Jedicartographer [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:15 am ]
Post subject: 

punxnbutter wrote:
That medallion is cool; kind of like the icon on the table I have for my back deck.....haha



LOL... I believe I've been busted. I actually got this from your back deck.

Actually I believe I found this on a website from an upscale flooring company. I don't remember, I've had it for months now.

Author:  NickName [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Theed looks like it's coming along pretty good.

One thing you might want to think about is a different texture in the little U shaped pool of water. The floor texture continuing under it really gives away that it's just a color shift. I bet you could find a nice rock texture that will look good there--cobblestone-ish.

Author:  Lex [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jedicartographer wrote:
Image


The lone plant (1x1) looks ok but the other flowers (1x2) look like something found on my balcony (and perhaps a little small for a 2 square low object). Do you have any backup plants?

Or could some sort of large creeper work? A little like those on the left side here:
Image

Author:  Jedicartographer [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

NickName wrote:
Theed looks like it's coming along pretty good.

One thing you might want to think about is a different texture in the little U shaped pool of water. The floor texture continuing under it really gives away that it's just a color shift. I bet you could find a nice rock texture that will look good there--cobblestone-ish.


Yeah I didn't really notice that until now. I used the same technique on my last map, but it seemed to work better there. I think a texture shift might be a good idea,

Author:  Jedicartographer [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

[quote="Lex"][quote="Jedicartographer"]
[quote]

The lone plant (1x1) looks ok but the other flowers (1x2) look like something found on my balcony (and perhaps a little small for a 2 square low object). Do you have any backup plants?

Or could some sort of large creeper work? A little like those on the left side here:
Image[/quote

I plan on adding some creeper at in "post production"

The flowers may go, I've been toying with getting rid of them. either that or add more flowers.

Do not use theed plaza as a reference point for this map!!!!.

The best point of reference would be the moments in episode 1 where Obi wan and qui-gon are sneaking the queen and her handmaidens to the Hangar.

Author:  Lex [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jedicartographer wrote:
Do not use theed plaza as a reference point for this map!!!!.

The best point of reference would be the moments in episode 1 where Obi wan and qui-gon are sneaking the queen and her handmaidens to the Hangar.


I don't.
I just didn't find any other pictures of Naboo plants.

Author:  Jedicartographer [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

I found a whole bunch at the force.net.

theyre actually the pics that inspired me to do this map!

Check it out!

www.theforce.net/swtc/preq/naboo.html

Author:  Lex [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jedicartographer wrote:
I found a whole bunch at the force.net.


Great pics there.

And perhaps those flowers are a little more Naboo than I first thought. :oops:
Just make more of them.

Author:  Jedicartographer [ Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:02 am ]
Post subject: 

Lex wrote:
Jedicartographer wrote:
I found a whole bunch at the force.net.


Great pics there.

And perhaps those flowers are a little more Naboo than I first thought. :oops:
Just make more of them.


Don't be embarresed, you were absolutely correct about the creeper, and I think that adding flowers will help. :D

Author:  Jedicartographer [ Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

Happy Sunday,

This is the last sneak preview before the release of the new map.

Theed Library.
[img][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/t1308955_theedpreview5.jpg[/img]

This is like the Library in the Jedi Temple, just a bit smaller.

The next one is the security office. it leads to the senators office that you'll see on the full map.

[/img]Image

As soon as the map is done I will send it to Dean and he can stamp it with the logo and do as he pleases with it.

Expect the map to be completed Next Sunday!

Author:  homer fett [ Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:32 am ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for your hard work! I'm really looking forward to this map. I've been waiting for a good Naboo map for a long time.

Author:  Jedicartographer [ Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:36 am ]
Post subject: 

Thanks! I'm looking forward to this one as well. I think its going to big a big improvement on my first attempts.

Speaking of which, I'm re-releasing my oringinal maps with improved art, and a few changes to the layouts, expect those in the next few weeks.

First Re-do, Mando Camp

Author:  Roque Saber [ Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:51 am ]
Post subject: 

Mando Camp, sounds cool.............

Page 3 of 5 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/