logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: JC December Map Report
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:16 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Hello, and happy holidays!

I wanted to give you an update on the projects up and coming and some lessons learned.

First of all I need to tell everyone in the community that I’m still buzzing with the kindness you all showed for the Theed map. I honestly have to say that even though I knew I was completing my best project yet that I had no idea what soever that I was going to be the success that it was. November was my busiest cafepress month yet! Its too bad I can’t make any real money off it.

After playing the Dxun 2.0 map last week, I have to be honest and say that the map does have some issues when it comes to skirmish play, especially with rigid huges, my opponent parked a Corporate Alliance Tank Droid in the Gatehouse and just kinda sat there. But theres no such thing as the perfect map, and I’m very happy with the new art and floorplan

The next 2.0 Is Taris mid level, which has been changed to Taris Lower City. With “Dxunâ€￾ the big lesson was Natural Terrain. With Taris I feel like I went to Mood lighting bootcamp, and I’m very excited to see what people think of the dark, dank corners of lower Taris. The floor plan has changed pretty drastically, but its still based around the cantina and the Swoop Gang Base.

I’m not doing anything with Dantooine yet, because I may completely rethink the jedi Enclave from the floorplan up. I want to base it around the court yard, and make it less shooty, and make it not huge friendly at all.

I’ve got 3 skirmish maps in the works 1 inspired by TFU( Think “Mushroom Kingdomâ€￾), the next one is inspired by LOTF (here’s a teaser, think of the last book inferno) And one For my favorite subject matter KOTOR(Manaan or Onderon palace).

After That( I’ll be spending all summer on this one) A giant 4’x8’ map of the Battlefront location Rhen Var.

Once again I have to thank this community for motivating me to keep working for this game, especially Fox Williamson, Dean Miller, and Jason Tanner. Some members I want to say thanks to are Grambo, Hothie, and Lady Hothie, Cpreksta, and especially Joseph Lathrop

Expect Taris this week sometime!

Matt Francella
Jedi Cartographer, “Map Monsterâ€￾

"Micro-managment Breeds Incompetence"

Being a Star Wars Miniatures Hall of Famer is a Responsibilty Not a Priveledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:11 am 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR MAPS ARE SO AWSOME!!!!!! I cant wait for Rhen Var, that sounds really neat. Btw, do your Dantooine maps conect? Just cause there is a door on the top of one of the mpas so i wasnt sure. Great job as always JC!

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison