logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: The Dark Times: A SWM Scenario
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:39 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

We've developed a scenario here for the Cincinnati group to try and capture the feel of the 'Dark Times'. So, figured we should shared it everybody! We've planned for this to be run on the Mos Eisley Meltdown maps, but you could probably use other maps if you wanted to. May have to tweak the scenario depending on the map, as it can be tough for the Jedi to 'escape' on some maps, whereas the MEM ones are open on the edges.

Enjoy! :)

Dark Times Scenario Event

You must bring BOTH an Imperial Squad and a Jedi Squad. Players will roll a dice at the beginning of the match (before rolling for map), and whoever rolls the highest will decide which side they wish to play (Imperials or Jedi). The opponent must play the opposite side. Then do map/setup rolls as normal.

All squads: Unique characters should be representative of the 'Dark Times' era. Examples of this would be characters from the Force Unleashed video game or the Dark Times comics. Clone Wars characters obviously don't make sense. ;)

Imperial Squad: 150 point squad, must be no more than 50 points of Fringe, and follows normal squad building rules. Must contain a version of Vader, Vader's Apprentice, and/or Palpatine.

Jedi Squad: 150 point squad, may be mixed faction with Rebel, Republic or Fringe characters, but may not contain any Black Sun or Bounty Hunter pieces. Must have at least one Force User with a cost of 30 points or more. In addition, Force Users may set up anywhere in the first 8 squares of their side, as long as they are on a square of Low Cover. Characters with Order 66 or whose name contains 'Senate' are not permitted.

Victory conditions: Game is over when one team reaches the 150 point limit. Points are scored by normal method of killing opposing pieces or by the following:

Jedi: The Jedi need to escape from the Imperials. The Jedi Player gains victory points by having Force User pieces reach the opposite end of the map. You gain points equal to the cost of the Force User + 10 additional points. The Jedi automatically win if all Force Users escape from the map.

Imperials: The Imperials gain points by defeating the Jedi squad. The Imperials automatically win if all enemy Force Users are defeated. In addition, if the game is not complete when time is called, the Imperials gain 10 victory points for each enemy Force User still on the map.

No Gambit rules are in effect for this scenario.

Post subject: Re: The Dark Times: A SWM Scenario
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:20 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Looks like fun, but I would make 1 suggestion for the Jedi. The only requirement is to have 1 Jedi over 30 points. I'd also throw in a statement about how there needs to be 2 or more Force Users in the squad, cause if I've only got 1 and my victory is achieved by having that 1 make it across the map it might not be too difficult. Now if I have to get 3 or more across, that'd be more difficult.

Post subject: Re: The Dark Times: A SWM Scenario
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:31 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
jedispyder wrote:
Looks like fun, but I would make 1 suggestion for the Jedi. The only requirement is to have 1 Jedi over 30 points. I'd also throw in a statement about how there needs to be 2 or more Force Users in the squad, cause if I've only got 1 and my victory is achieved by having that 1 make it across the map it might not be too difficult. Now if I have to get 3 or more across, that'd be more difficult.

I'd agree with this addition, otherwise with force leap and masterspeed some figs are gonna get across the board in no time. Another thing I would suggest, No Jedi over 50/55 points, this limits the Yodas and Mace Windus, but allows for some Yodas and for Master Kota.

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon