logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Order 66 Scenario
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:09 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

(posted on wotc as well)
This scenario is designed for up to 30 players, but can be used for any amount (preferably even) below that number. Players will draw a slip of paper out of a hat. The slips will say something like, “3R or 7S” to denote which map and squad they will be playing. Players may trade their slip of paper with someone else, as long as both people agree to the trade. I’m doing it this way to eliminate the possibility of everyone wanting to play Obi-wan or Yoda, or whatever. Also trading allows them to possibly play something they would rather play, rather than getting stuck with something they won’t have fun playing. Estimated time is about 2 hours.

Setup

There will be 2 players per map, 1 Republic and 1 Separatist. Squads will be 300 points. Republic squads will be made up of 150 points of characters with Order 66 (henceforth called “clones”) and 150 points of characters without O66, including Jedi. On the Kashyyyk map, I am using RotS Yoda, so I am aiming for having 64 points of Jedi in every Republic squad, to make it somewhat even across the maps. I am not going to post any squads, as I only have vague ideas of what I want in the squads (Ki-Adi-Mundi and Bacara, General Aayla and Star Corps, etc), and that will allow for flexibility if you run the scenario at your LGS. I will say that neither GOWK nor GGDAC will be used. Instead, I will be using Obi/Boga and Grievous Wheel Bike on the Utapau (Ossus) map.
For the Sep squads, I am tossing around the idea of using the Unique Seps (Wat, San, Nute, Aurra, etc) that were alive at the time, although I’m not sure how I want to incorporate them into the Victory Points yet.
“Other” races may be used as well, ie Wookiees, Gungans, Naboo Soldiers, Utapauns, Felucians, Nalvaanians, IG-86’s, etc, so feel free to customize your squads how you wish. Just remember, RCTS’s do NOT have O66, so they will count towards the non-O66 points.

Play

Squads and sides will be predetermined by me. After ALL players have set up, I will start the timer. Players will NOT know what the timer is set at. Players will play against each other, trying to earn Victory Points (VP’s) as noted below. Play will proceed as normal, with the player going first activating 2, no gambit, etc. At a time known only to me, the timer alarm will sound. At that time, players will be allowed to finish the _activation_ that they are on. All minis will be left where they are on the board. (Note: this will be a good time for lunch, or snacks, or just a break in general).
After the timer has gone off, Order 66 happens. All clones will now be controlled by the Separatist player. All remaining Jedi must flee the map. (Note: Yes, I know everyone knows what happens during O66. So I get that the Rep player will try to get all of their clones killed and hide the jedi in the back. Hopefully with the VP’s and how the Jedi have to leave the map, I’ll somewhat take care of that. Only I will know how the Jedi have to leave the maps, which hopefully will incorporate the element of “surprise” that the clones had.)
At this point I will tell players how the Jedi are to leave their respective maps. If I tell them beforehand, then the players will try to, how shall I say, hedge their bets to get the Jedi off the maps when O66 happens. Hopefully this way it will at least be somewhat of a struggle.
Also at this time, an updated version of the Knightfall Scenario will start. Players who drew the “KE and KR” slips will start playing at this time on the Coruscant Jedi Temple map. The original Knightfall scenario can be seen here:
http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Knightfallscenario.doc

Once the Jedi have left the map (or have been killed), players may continue to play to earn VP’s for kill points.

Victory Points: (I will have worksheets printed up to help keep track of these)
Republic Victory Points:
2 points for getting to the 75 points killed mark.
1 point for the 100 mark
1 point for the 125 mark (so for those keeping track at home, the Rep player would now have 4 VP’s to this point, just in points killed.)
1 point for the 150 mark
2 points for the 175 mark
2 points for the 200 mark
3 points for the 250 mark
4 points for the 300 mark
5 points for the 350 mark.
2 points for every 30 points of clones alive at O66 (example: 46 points of clones would only net 2 VP’s)
5 points for getting each Unique Jedi off the map
3 points for getting each non-unique Jedi off the map
1 for every 15 points killed by a Jedi
1 for every 25 points killed by clones

Separatist VP’s
VP’s for points killed same as Rep VP’s.
4 points for every 30 points of jedi killed
1 point for every 25 points of clones killed
2 points for every 30 points of non-O66 killed.
We will be play-testing this scenario in Des Moines with maybe 10 people either August 1st or 2nd. The plan is to run this scenario in Omaha possibly in late September or October as a big event, hopefully leaning towards the 30 people end. If anyone would like to run this scenario before then, send me a pm and I will tell you how the jedi get off of the maps and what my timer will be set at. But please, ONLY the person running the scenario should pm me. It’s not as much fun if the Rep player knows the secrets…

Prizes will be awarded to the players with the highest amount of VP’s. The Knightfall players will start with the amount of VP’s earned by the lowest player at that point. Knightfall VP’s will be updated as well as the minis used. Surviving Jedi may be added as reinforcements for the Knightfall scenario.
Any questions/comments/concerns? Please ask. I welcome them.

p.s. If any of you have extra clones/battle droids you’d be willing to part with, check out my trades on bloomilk.com.

http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Orphans.htm