logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: DEFEAT THE INFECTION!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:14 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

[spoiler="The Intro..."]The “doctor” laughed as his patient squirmed and squealed. “Soon now, yes yes, very soon.” He took a knife and made a crude incision along his victim's chest, the helpless man screaming in excruciating agony.
“Now now,” the scientist chided, “We're almost there.” He took a needle. “Say 'ahhh'.” The scientist injected the needle into the man's heart. He immediately stopped moving. The doctor took a step away. “Did it work? Did it-” He was cut off by a low, guttural moan. The man's skin was beginning to darken and decay. His hand twitched, and he began squirming again. “It's alive.” The scientist began to laugh. “It's alive!”
Suddenly, there was a snap. The chains restraining the patient shattered, and it rose.
“Good. Good!” The scientist pulled a lever and the table the zombie was on began to elevate to a floor above. The scientist eagerly ran up the stairs after it. When he got there, his creation was already feasting on the hapless prisoners. One screamed, swore, then charged at the scientist, who merely laughed, pulled out a handgun, and shot the man once in the forehead. He looked at the pandemonium... to see that there wasn't any. All of the people he had kidnapped now lay on the floor, ripped apart.
Then one twitched.
“It works. It works! I have done it!” The original zombie moaned and reeled around, hobbling towards the scientist. As it closed in on him, the scientist took a needle from his coat and jammed it into his vein. Immediately, the arm began to pulse and throb. The zombie took one bite of him then staggered back.
For the scientist, everything began to blur. Things were turning shades of red and black... he could feel it, coursing through his veins. The virus... the gift. “Yes! Ye-e-e-e-es!” The scientists shirt ripped apart as his chest began to expand. “Unnnnlimited Powerrr!

Police Lieutenant Cayden L. Anagro shoved the civilian aside and motioned for the rest of his squad to follow him. The streets were rioting, and news reports were everywhere about “rampant cannibals” tearing their way through Times Square. No one had heard back from the initial team sent out to investigate.
“What have you got, Brown?” Cayden asked into his walkie talkie.
“You mean other than the chaos, the screams and booming?” There was some static. “Not much. What about you, Cade?”
“The same as-” Cade was cut off by a massive explosion as something.... something big made its way into the crowd. The thing grabbed a woman by her hair and roared. The frantic woman began screaming, but the thing holding her merely ripped her in two and kept going on its rampage.
“Holy crap!” one of the officers with Cade shouted. “What heck is that thing, sir?!”
“Hell if I know, but it's gonna be dead. Open fire!”
“What's going on, Cade?!” Brown's voice came through the radio, but Cade didn't bother to answer. “Cade! Cade!”...As the infection spreads throughout the city, civilian stragglers attempting to defend their homes bear arms against the zombie menace and flock to the New York Police Force, which has been making a valiant yet failing attempt to push back the undead. As the humans continue to fight for their lives and their homes, the zombies cut a swathe through the defensive lines, their numbers growing with every life they claim. It is through the courage and strength of one man that the humans manage to persevere as long as they do... yet even that will not be enough once the survivors learn that simple zombies aren't the worst thing they'll have to face...[/spoiler]

[spoiler="DEFEAT THE INFECTION!"]DEFEAT THE INFECTED!
Game Terms:
Defeat the Infected.
Gambit Points are NON-existant.
Rakgouls gain +2 Defense, and can move double their speed and still attack an adjacent enemy..
Exar Kun gains Lightsaber Deflect, and Force Renewal 2.
Map: Corusant, Nar-Shadaa, Muun Plaza, Ruined Base.

Victory Terms:
In order for the Lightside team to win, Defeat all the Infected and their Leader.
In order for the Darkside team to win, Defeat all the uninfected and their Leader.

Squads:
Darkside:
Exar Kun(as the Doctor)=84
Rakghoul(as the Infect Zombies) x14=224

Lightside:
Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter(Police Lieutenant Cayden L. Anagro)=61
Rebel Captain(as Military Commander)=21
Rebel Marksman(as S.W.A.T Team) x5=85
Rebel Trooper(as Military Soldiers) x 14=70
Human Scoundrel(as Desperate civilian fighter) x5=60

For a smaller format,
Squads:
Darkside:
Rakghoul(as the Infect Zombies) x7=112
=196

Lightside:
Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter(Police Lieutenant Cayden L. Anagro)=61
Rebel Trooper(as Military Soldiers) x 18=90
Rebel Heavy Trooper(as Military Light Machine Gunner) x2=22
=194[/spoiler]

Brought to you by:
DarkLordVerjal
Basilisk_89

Post subject: Re: DEFEAT THE INFECTION!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:01 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

[spoiler="The Aftermath..."]The Eradication...

Through the strength and will of the Soldiers, the Infected Zombies are destroyed. But in the aftermath of such death and destruction, arises fear and desperation. To ensure the Viral outbreak has been completely wiped clean, Police Lieutenant Cayden L. Anagro, one of the few survivors, makes 2 sweeper teams to scout the city for any Infected activity and remove it.
Cayden himself takes a squad to search for the "Doctor" who started this, to kill him to guarantee he won't escape. Sending 2 other squads on opposite sides of the city to make their search as efficient as possible. The final act of this horrific test has only just begun, for the Doctor has 1 more surprise in store...[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Game Terms"]Game Terms:
Defeat the Infected. Defeat the Doctor.
Gambit Points are NON-existant.
Rakgouls gain +2 Defense, and can move double their speed and still attack an adjacent enemy..
Exar Kun gains Lightsaber Deflect, and Force Renewal 2.
Map: Ruined Base. (fall back maps: Corusant, Nar-Shadaa, or Muun Plaza with several tiles of destroyed terrain placed.)
Place 4 squads of Rakghouls randomly around the map, each containing 4 Rakghouls. These Squads are not legal targets for Cayden's squad, and Cayden's squad is not a legal target for the Rakghouls. This effect goes away after Cayden is defeated, or the Doctor is defeated.
Place the Doctor on the opposite side of where Cayden is placed, make sure the Doctor is in a room of some kind.
Place 2 squads of the Military on the far right and left of where Cayden is placed.
All Darkside squad characters gain, Disease(Whenever this character defeats a living enemy, you can immediately add a character named Rakghoul to your squad. The new character sets up in a square that enemy formerly occupied)

Squads:
Darkside:
Rampaging Wampa(Lethal Bio-Weapon)=22
Massassi Sith Mutant(Lethal Bio-Weapon) x2=30
Rakghoul(as The Infected Zombies) x2=32

Lightside:
Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter(As Police Lieutenant Cayden L. Anagro) =61
Rebel Marksman(S.W.A.T Team member) x5=75
Human Scoundrel(as Desperate Civilian Fighter) x3=36

Lightside Scout Teams:(Both Squads are the same)
Rebel Trooper(as Military Soldier) x7=35
Human Scoundrel(as Desperate Civilian Fighter) x2=24[/spoiler]

Last edited by DarkLordVerjal on Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:48 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I've looked this over initially and I'm away from my minis right now, but this seems like it'll be a really cool scenario to run. I absolutely cannot wait to get a bunch of Rakghouls.

Nice job

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:42 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I have never been one to run scenarios before, but this one will most likely be done sometime in my area! This sounds so cool!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:44 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Two Words

EH-PIC

this looks awesome and the backstory behind it is good too

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:28 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

ZOMBIES!!!

Who doesn't like to shoot them. Very creative scenario Zack, as Fool already pointed out, taking Minis outside of their normal areas always makes for a great time.

And your story intro is excellent! Very clever and well thought out.

Here is an idea for next time: Take a scan of the map and colour in the starting spots for each side. That way you can easily set up squads and force movement and have some quick engagements.

Ooo, just thought of something that can follow from that.
Since one player will be the zombies and one will be the valiant police officers, instead of placing the 'zombies' on the board, place a marker where a group of them will set up. So then the cops will have no idea how large an enemy force he will be facing. Then enact a scenario rule like; Hunts By Scent (once a lightside character is within 6 of an enemy group marker, the size and placement of the group is revealed. Also if a lightside character is within 12 squares, the zombie player may choose to reveal his group and must move to engage[due to the savage restrictions])

Some day I hope to get enough rakghoul to try this out :D

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:04 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Ruhk wrote:
And your story intro is excellent! Very clever and well thought out.

Yes. Well thought out. And not scraped together at the last moment in like five minutes so Zack wouldn't kill me...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:15 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

:P , I was considering something along the Zombie outbreak for some time. I've been a big Zombie movie and game fan (Resident Evil FTW). But when I saw the Rakghoul it was golden. Brought it up to James, gave him the basic story outline, he wrote the intro for the first part (very well done) and found me the awesome picture. I just want to get as many Rakghouls as possible to do this! My Lgs has a Lot of 3d ruined city terrain so it'd make it golden for the scenario.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:32 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Sweet scenario. Cant wait to get a hold of a few Rakghouls myself. When i do, im definitely going to be playing this. Excellent work

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:51 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

can i translate this to portuguese and publish in our brazilian DDM/SWM forum?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:45 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Yeah sure, just make sure you give me credit and don't claim it for yourself. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:31 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Great scenario, Zack. It just goes to show what a little creativity can do. If you're willing to think (for yourself) of some new fun rule or scenario, roll with it and have fun. Kudos to you, sir. If you're waiting around for WOTC to churn out "OMG this is so cool" scenarios (what I did for the first 6 months, completely neglecting Vassal), don't hold your breath. Do what DLV did.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:36 am 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

DarkLordVerjal wrote:
Yeah sure, just make sure you give me credit and don't claim it for yourself. :lol:

Us. Plural. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:11 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Zack and Basilisk, that is an awesome scenario you guys made! Can't wait to try it out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:44 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Bump, wanted to see if anyone had tested this and if so, how did it go?