logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Magnetically Sealed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:04 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

this isn't a whole scenario so much as a variant. I haven't decided what map it would be best for, so til then its just a rule you could add to any map for fun.

whenever a character making a ranged attack misses and has a clear line of fire to a wall, they roll a save 6 check, if they roll a 1-5 they take the damage themselves they would have dealt, but, if they make the save, then the opponent rolls for one character, and it keeps going til either someone gets hit or all charactesr roll saves.

admittedly it might slow down the game a bit, but, i think it could be really fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:50 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

so pretty much everyshot someone is going to be hit?

Oh so this is like what happened to chewie and Han in the garbarge thing in aa NH?

Post subject: Re: Magnetically Sealed
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:34 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

TheTwoToner wrote:
this isn't a whole scenario so much as a variant. I haven't decided what map it would be best for, so til then its just a rule you could add to any map for fun.

whenever a character making a ranged attack misses and has a clear line of fire to a wall, they roll a save 6 check, if they roll a 1-5 they take the damage themselves they would have dealt, but, if they make the save, then the opponent rolls for one character, and it keeps going til either someone gets hit or all charactesr roll saves.

admittedly it might slow down the game a bit, but, i think it could be really fun.

It would slow things down, but if it was limited to small area of the map or if the squads were small, it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun. Or incredibly frustrating -- if one player keeps getting lucky and the other doesn't, it'll take an incredibly good sport not to scream "I hate this freaking scenario!!!" But it'd just be annoying in large swarm games. I'd hate this if I were running my Grevious Commander squad with its hordes of Battle Droids.

It'd be really awesome if you could build a map around this idea, with a large magnetically sealed area at the gambit, combined with a scenario that only counts gambit scoring...oh yeah, that'd be a blast.