logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Wolverine
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:29 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:10 pm
Posts: 231
I watched Wolverine the Origins yesterday and being the star wars fan I am, I started to wonder how well wolverine would compete in the star wars universe, so I made a mini of him representing the type of mini he would be. He seems like he would be easy to hit, but hard to kill. He also seems like he would have a decent offense.

Here's what I came up with. What do you think?


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Last edited by lonescout on Thu May 27, 2010 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:37 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:46 pm
Posts: 7960
Location: West Chester, OH (near Cincinnati)
Hehe, fun. As soon as I saw the thread title I immediately thought "ooh, a Wolvie custom fig? I wonder what SWM piece you might use to create him?"

I like the stats overall. I don't really understand 'It's a Trap!' though. Supposed to simulate his good sense of smell?

BTW, it's spelled 'adamantium' I believe (without looking it up).

I'm not sure he needs the Resilience along with the Regen 20. It wasn't that he was indestructible necessarily, because his flesh has been torn up a zillion times in the comics. It's just that he re-grows it quickly. Maybe instead of reducing damage by 10, it would just make him immune to crits?

I'd also love to see some sort of rage effect on him. Like Impulsive Savage or something.

Very fun. :)

_________________
-Aaron
Mand'alor
"You either die a hero, or you live to see yourself become the villain."
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:45 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am
Posts: 5344
He should also have twin, nearly every mini represented with weapons in both hands does (this was the original intent I believe). I could also see him as a strong candidate for a melee piece with GMA

_________________
"200 or 2"
"Consistency is the key, not crying"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:53 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:10 pm
Posts: 231
LoboStele wrote:
Hehe, fun. As soon as I saw the thread title I immediately thought "ooh, a Wolvie custom fig? I wonder what SWM piece you might use to create him?"

I like the stats overall. I don't really understand 'It's a Trap!' though. Supposed to simulate his good sense of smell?

BTW, it's spelled 'adamantium' I believe (without looking it up).

I'm not sure he needs the Resilience along with the Regen 20. It wasn't that he was indestructible necessarily, because his flesh has been torn up a zillion times in the comics. It's just that he re-grows it quickly. Maybe instead of reducing damage by 10, it would just make him immune to crits?

I'd also love to see some sort of rage effect on him. Like Impulsive Savage or something.

Very fun. :)




Thanks! I did have fun making him, and of course, he will never really become a mini. My reasoning with his Resilience was that when the Adamantium was added, he also became nearly impossible to "break," but yeah, he really becomes a damage sink if you have both Rengeneration and Resilience.


I'll make some adjustments.


@ TCW: I did originally have Twin on him, but I was affraid of him being too powerful with it. I do like the thought of giving him twin.

I don't have time to make adjustments today, because I have to take off to work, right now, but I'll fix him up later. Thanks for the comments!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:28 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:06 pm
Posts: 1209
Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,, this is one guy I don't ever have to see again. He was cool when I was a kid but now he's just getting in the way of all the other characters who are deserving of a good story arc and just can't get one. Or they shaft the entire X-Men team to make 4 movies about Wolverine with other people in the background just so they can say "Look it's the X-Men..."

Maybe there will be a video of the DS blowing up Logan the way it did for the Enterprise.

http://www.area93.com/cc-common/news/se ... le=5441074

_________________
"Rolling a Natural 20, there is no other feeling like it."

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:45 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:10 pm
Posts: 231
Updated the card above.

I replaced "Double Attack" with "Twin Attack"

I took out "It's A Trap"

I took out "Adamantium Resilience"

I added "Stubborn Rage"

Changed the cost from 43 to 49


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:45 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:37 pm
Posts: 249
Perhaps add the special ability "Mutant," just like how Chewbacca has "Wookiee" in case you ever want to make a Professor Xavier or someone with a CE that affects allied Mutants.
I might even add Impulsive Savagery or Impulsive Momentum

dalsiandon wrote:
Or they shaft the entire X-Men team to make 4 movies about Wolverine with other people in the background just so they can say "Look it's the X-Men..."

I know...poor Cyclops

_________________
Transmitted and Deciphered from Unit: AMS-51 "Dendrite"
Connection lost...searching...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:58 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:06 pm
Posts: 1209
Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Dendrite wrote:
...

dalsiandon wrote:
Or they shaft the entire X-Men team to make 4 movies about Wolverine with other people in the background just so they can say "Look it's the X-Men..."

I know...poor Cyclops


Is that an understatement or what... Him and everyone else were limited to walking special effects, his only definable character attribute was jealous boyfriend and then depressed dead boyfriend. Kind of like a another big budget actioneer with robots

_________________
"Rolling a Natural 20, there is no other feeling like it."

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:55 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 308
Location: Juvex III. Senexjuvex System, NE England
lonescout wrote:
Updated the card above.

I replaced "Double Attack" with "Twin Attack"

I took out "It's A Trap"

I took out "Adamantium Resilience"

I added "Stubborn Rage"

Changed the cost from 43 to 49



Nice work on the card, do you use gimp or another program?

_________________
"...Power Made Flesh..."

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:56 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:10 pm
Posts: 231
Cerous Mutor wrote:
lonescout wrote:
Updated the card above.

I replaced "Double Attack" with "Twin Attack"

I took out "It's A Trap"

I took out "Adamantium Resilience"

I added "Stubborn Rage"

Changed the cost from 43 to 49



Nice work on the card, do you use gimp or another program?



Thanks. I use Microsoft Word and then use Paint for touch ups. I then use Microsoft Office Picture Manager to increase the contrast (makes a sharper image) then slightly enhance the color.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:00 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3599
Location: New Jersey
Wolverine! He's one of my favorites, ever (nevermind the comments of some of his critics :P ).

I love Stubborn Rage, and Loner fits him perfectly as well. Maybe give him something like Djem So style fighting, since he was a blur of claws and attacks when he got in close...he took plenty of hits, and he gave even more back.

However, a piece with charging fire really won't ever be using Regenration 20, since he'll never be standing still. Therefore, how about this:
Mutant Healing Factor: This character recovers 20 hp each time it activates. [With his low Def, he'll certainly need it...with all the damage output going around these days, 140hp on 14 Def won't go far at all.]

_________________
"Don't give the tool more credit than the master." --Weeks
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:12 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:10 pm
Posts: 231
I like the mutant healing factor ability. I replaced regeneration with it to allow Wolverine movement while still benefitting from his regeneration. Of course, that does fit Wolverine's "on-the-go" character more anyway. Wolverine's healing ability did not rely on whether he was staying still, so why should this ability.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:10 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:07 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Indiana
lonescout wrote:
I watched Wolverine the Origins yesterday and being the star wars fan I am, I started to wonder how well wolverine would compete in the star wars universe, so I made a mini of him representing the type of mini he would be. He seems like he would be easy to hit, but hard to kill. He also seems like he would have a decent offense.

Here's what I came up with. What do you think?

Nice work. I love the stats. However, I would replace Stubborn Rage with a SA Berserker Rage (When this character's hit points are cut in half with a critical hit, this character gains Savage and +10 Damage, save 16. This lasts as long as the hit points remain under half).
I would also add Affinity (with Alpha Flight). Also beef up his defense to 16 - 17 to reflect his adamantium skeleton. For adjacent (Melee) enemies, it's like hitting a steel wall.

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:14 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3599
Location: New Jersey
SteveSpikes wrote:
Also beef up his defense to 16 - 17 to reflect his adamantium skeleton. For adjacent (Melee) enemies, it's like hitting a steel wall.

I can see where you're coming from, and it makes sense. If so, then maybe drop his HP a bit, to maybe 130/120.

_________________
"Don't give the tool more credit than the master." --Weeks
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:30 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:07 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Indiana
I would go no lower than 130 HP. Any lower than that, and he would not "be the best at what he does."

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Wolverine
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:37 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:46 pm
Posts: 3199
Location: Waterloo, ON
well what if instead he had a 'lightsaber duelist' type SA that gave him + or +4 to his Def vs adjacent melee figures, just adjacent figs?

_________________
Winner of the Knights of the SWMGamers Stats Contest
<Joruus (GFC)> - Sheesh, I swear you're like Fool 2.0 (and you can quote me on it xD)
Archives of the Gamers Jedi
Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield