logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jedi Master
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:40 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I've been going through the old Ultimate Missions books lately and giving them updates. One character in particular never seemed to fit his scenario well and has never had an update. After reviewing Wookieepedia, here's what I came up with. I tried to use the MoTF Jedi for this particular model.

Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jedi Master
Republic, cost 47

HP: 130
Def: 20
Atk: 13
Damage: 20

Unique; Melee; Double Attack
Makashi Style (When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Skilled Tactician (you automatically choose who goes first on a roll of 11 or better)

Force 4
Anticipation
Force Leap
Telekinetic Blast (Force 2, replaces attacks; range 6; Choose a square, 20 damage to all characters with 4 squares, push back Huge or smaller characters 1 square. Huge or smaller characters are considered activated for the round, save 11.)

He really needs Deflect in there somewhere, per his order 66 battle, but again with the MotF model it just doesn't fit.

Post subject: Re: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jedi Master
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:25 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I really like Telekinetic Blast. I'm guessing that force power would not follow targeting rules since it is not targeting any mini? I actually like the fact that you don't have to follow targeting rules for the power if that is the case. It gives the force power a very unique aspect.

In terms of giving him deflect. I normally would say I don't think that would be a good combination since he already has Makashi, but he doesn't have renewal, which is going to make deflect very limited.

Overall, he would play a unique roll in the Republic, and they would have access to initiative control along with well rounded melee beat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:28 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

That's correct, choosing a square is not targeting, though I suppose a character could be in that square, so it would get past SS and the like, but not Force Immunity. He actually uses this power in a fight against Asajj.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:11 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jedi Master
Republic, cost 47

HP: 130
Def: 20
Atk: 13
Damage: 20

Unique; Melee; Double Attack
Makashi Style (When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Skilled Tactician (you automatically choose who goes first on a roll of 11 or better)

Force 4
Deflect
Force Leap
Telekinetic Blast (Force 2, replaces attacks; range 6; Choose a square, 20 damage to all characters with 4 squares, push back Huge or smaller characters 1 square. Huge or smaller characters are considered activated for the round, save 11.)

After thinking about it, I took out Anticipation and put in Deflect. The Republic has some of the cheapest recon and have a few others who give them access to anticipation. They should spend the points to get the combo.