SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

Givin Mathematician
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9002
Page 1 of 1

Author:  MasterShaper [ Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:37 am ]
Post subject:  Givin Mathematician

I always thought the Givin were cool - I am a maths geek, after all XD


Givin Mathematician
Cost: 14

HP: 50
Defense: 19
Attack: 6
Damage: 10

Exoskeleton - This character reduces all damage done to it by 10, save 11. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.
Probability Analysis - At the start of the round, select an ally within six squares of this character. That ally gains +4 on all rolls.

Author:  Cerous Mutor [ Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

Way too cheap for basically granting an uber mettle to ANY 1 ally.

and soz about the pm, pressed the wrong button lol

Author:  DarthBlond [ Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

Agreed and it can't be disrupted... undercosted I would think and maybe even to powerful of an ability.

Author:  LoboStele [ Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

I don't know about that. For 14 points, that's 6 more points than Wicket. The piece doesn't have Stealth, and would still have to be relatively close to whatever action is going on. Wicket can at least affect multiple people at once. Maybe if you bring the HP and other stats down a bit on him. 19 defense is pretty ridiculous, IMO, especially when you're going to be reducing the damage done to him half of the time too.

Author:  SteveSpikes [ Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

MasterShaper wrote:
I always thought the Givin were cool - I am a maths geek, after all XD


Givin Mathematician
Cost: 14

HP: 50
Defense: 19
Attack: 6
Damage: 10

Exoskeleton - This character reduces all damage done to it by 10, save 11. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.
Probability Analysis - At the start of the round, select an ally within six squares of this character. That ally gains +4 on all rolls.

I would also include something that states that the Givin can survive in hostile environments, such as the vacuum of deep space.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Givin

Author:  Cerous Mutor [ Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

LoboStele wrote:
I don't know about that. For 14 points, that's 6 more points than Wicket. The piece doesn't have Stealth, and would still have to be relatively close to whatever action is going on. Wicket can at least affect multiple people at once. Maybe if you bring the HP and other stats down a bit on him. 19 defense is pretty ridiculous, IMO, especially when you're going to be reducing the damage done to him half of the time too.


Maybe so but to one ally?
So for one round you can make one already powerful unique with force powers even more powerful to the point of breaking them?

Author:  LoboStele [ Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

How is it much different than a 14 point Rieekan giving Mobile and Evade to ALL allies? So you boost 1 piece. That's likely 4 attacks at most, and many pieces that have 4 attacks don't need that extra boost anyways. You're basically paying 14 points in your squad for one of your characters to have a +4 attack for the entire game. Most of the time, when we look at comparing one figure to another (say, Boba BH to Boba Merc), a general rule of thumb is that a piece increases/decreases by 1 point for each point of change in their Attack. So, a +4 in an attack rating would only equate to a 4 point increase on most other pieces.

I don't know. I may be WAY off base, and without some play-testing, it's impossible to know for sure.

Maybe add something to it that says the Givin has to stay within 6 of the chose Ally in order to gain the bonus as well.

Author:  Cerous Mutor [ Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

I dont want it to be thought I thinks its a bad idea. It's a great CE, I just think it could be menacingly abused :Boba: :maul: :vader2: :emperor:

Author:  MasterShaper [ Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

Reasonable concerns...

Defense can be lowered, fair enough.

And my original intention was for the SA to only work if the chosen ally was within 6.

How would this edited version look?

---

Givin Mathematician
Cost: 14

HP: 50
Defense: 14
Attack: 6
Damage: 10

Exoskeleton - This character reduces all damage done to it by 10, save 11. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.
Probability Analysis - At the start of the round, select an ally within six squares of this character. That ally gains +4 on all rolls as long as it remains within 6 squares of this character.

Capable of surviving in the vacuum of space, Givin are among the galaxy's finest mathematicians.

Author:  DarthBlond [ Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

I think that looks a ton better!

Author:  dalsiandon [ Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

the second version is much better. It helps balance the ability greatly, and the wording for it is much more clear. Also love the flavor text.

Author:  MasterShaper [ Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

Glad to hear that it's somewhat better now :)

Author:  Saronian [ Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

Not bad. Definetely useful, especially with another piece that can use it.

From the Mandalorian Perspective, he's good for helping out the Mandalorian Supercommando (who can use all of the help in the world) and the Commanders as well since they don't get any bonuses to Attack.

However, the 50 hp doesn't seem right, especially with the Exoskeleton. What happens if you drop it to 40 HP?

Author:  MasterShaper [ Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Givin Mathematician

Saronian wrote:
However, the 50 hp doesn't seem right, especially with the Exoskeleton. What happens if you drop it to 40 HP?


He effectively has Dark Armor, and nowadays, 40HP doesn't last that long, anyways.

Wanted to keep him around for a bit ^^

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/