logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Undercosted or no?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:09 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A friend and I were making stats for ourselves, this was our first attempt at custom stats. My stats were
cost 72
hp. 120
def. 20
atk. 11
dam. 10

unique melée, speed 8, momentum, Jedi hunter, evade, lightsaber duelist, twin atk
situational savagry- if 3 or more enemies are withn 6 this character is considered 2 have savage.
Impulsive rage atk- if one of my children ( who I havnt made stats for yet ) take damage from an atk this character can make 1 imedate atk @ +10 dam against an adjacent enemy.
Empathetic rage- if one or both of my children is defeated this character gains drain life 3 .
Force 2
force renewal 1
knight speed
lightning arc- force 5 replaces atk. All characters withn 6 take 30 damage. Huge or larger are considered activated save 16.
We both thought my character was close and actually had 1 guy tell me I was a bit overcosted.
My friends stats are
cost 36
hp 100
def 17
atk. 9
dam. 10

unique melée, stealth, parry, cunning atk, double atk, twin atk
force 4
absorb energy
force repulse 2

he thinks he is right on with his cost. I believe he is a bit undercosted. Given the abilities that u can put in for cheap and the double twin with stealth and parry I thought he should have been somewhere in the 40's but since this is our first attempt at customs I thought we should come here and see what others thought. So input plz. Are we on the right track or should we start over?

Post subject: Re: Undercosted or no?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:01 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

If you are planning for your character to have a Lightsaber and have the Melee SA, then you might as well make him a base 20 damage. That would keep it consistent with the rest of the game. Otherwise, no I don't think yours is undercosted. I would agree that it might be slightly overcosted, just simply for the fact that you have a 72 point piece that can only do 60 damage max (that is, if you change the base damage to 20, if not, you're only looking at 40 damage max). Granted, the Speed 8 + Knight Speed + Twin is a nice combo though, so that would keep the cost up higher. I think if you change the base damage to 20, then the cost should be somewhere in the high 60s. Maybe compare to Darth Talon. Somewhat similar basic stats, plus you have 'drawback' ability with Situational Savagery, and you don't have a defensive ability like Talon's Bubble. So, running about 15-20 points more than Talon would seem right to me.

As for your friend's, it could possibly be a bit undercosted, but also look at the fact that he only does 10 damage, and compare that to many other pieces in that range. So, while having Double/Twin means he can dish out some attacks, he'll be a +13 for 20 at best with Cunning, which is situational.

Another factor involved in cost is what faction these guys would go in. What faction they would be a part of makes a big difference, because it plays into the squad synergies. If they are imperial, then yes, I'd say your friends is slightly undercosted. The access to Thrawn for Opportunist and Swap would make him a constant +13 for 20. If he's Rebel or NR, he might also be slightly undercosted, due to the easy access to Evade and GMA. If he's Republic, he's probably not too far off, since he's 10 points more than a JWM, has lower stats, but slightly more damage potential (again, only with Cunning though).

If you intend for both pieces to be Fringe, then you need to factor that in as well. Fringe pieces are almost always a few points higher than they would be if they were restricted to a certain faction instead.

Post subject: Re: Undercosted or no?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:57 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanx for the reply. I wasn't sure what faction I was going to be yet, I was considering sith with affinity for republic and my buddy allready said he was going to be fringe. Sorry I should have mentioned that.