Unnamed Wookiee

Cost: The Emperor Reborn
HP: 120
DEF: 19
ATK: +13
DMG: 20

SA:
Unique.
Rapid corruption (When you use a force power or a force point is spent by this charcter, this charcter takes 20 damage, save 16.)
Triple Attack,
Melee Attack,

Nimam Mastery (+ 4 to attack and defence while this harcter is above half health.)

Force Powers:
2 Force points
Force Renewal 2,
Master of the Force 2,
Force Lightning 4,
Force Storm.
Eternal Hatred
Give in to your Anger: Force 2, An enemy character with a Force rating that makes an attack against this character to reroll their attack. If the result of reroll is a failed attack, the enemy character joins your squad for the remainder of the skirmish/

Probably about the region of unplayability due to being so expensive, but I had some free time. XD Thoughts?

Last edited by Wysten on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:40 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Emperor Reborn
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:30 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Not bad. I would also add a Special Ability or Force Power that gives him the ability to "come back" at full strength (say only twice) -- after all, the Emperor Reborn is a clone, if I remember the Dark Empire comic trilogy ("Dark Empire", "Dark Empire II", "Empire's End") correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:01 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Wysten wrote:
Cost: The Emperor Reborn
HP: 120
DEF: 19
ATK: +13
DMG: 20

SA: Betrayal, Unique. Rapid corruption (When you use a force power, this charcter takes 50 damage, save 16.) Triple Attack, Melee Attack, Give in to your Anger (If an attack is made by a force senstive and misses, the attack may be rerolled, the charcter joins this charcters team. Save 16) Nimam Mastery (+ 4 to attack and defence while this harcter is above half health.)

Force Powers: 1 Force point Force Renewal 2, Master of the Force 2, Force Lightning 4, Force Storm.

Probably about the region of unplayability due to being so expensive, but I had some free time. XD Thoughts?

I'd possibly switch Give in to Your Anger to be like Darth Vader, Champion of the Sith's CE; if they miss the granted reroll from the SA they join your team. That would help with whatever his cost is (I don't see a cost, unless I'm just blind :) )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:09 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Just give him Eternal Hatred if you want him to keep living :P

Hmm, I like that idea.

Okay, here's my suggestions.

1. Edit Rapid Corruption to 20 Hp. I think he'll go down way too fast if it's 50 hps every fp. either that or just give him less viable Force Powers, and/or more hps.
2. Add Eternal Hatred
3. Reword the SA so that it says something like "Enemy force users attacking this character may reroll their attack. If the result of the reroll is a failed attack, the enemy character joins your squad for the remainder of the skirmish."

no save. I think the unlikey event of a reroll makes up for it.

OR add in a bit like "..may reroll their attack at -2 attack and +10 damage. If..." then add save 16. Make it all about risk and reward.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:09 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Edits have been made. Further thoughts? Though with all those, probably in the unplayble cost range. XD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:53 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Might actually be cool if you made "Give in to your Anger" a Force Power that he could activate himself (Force 2, An enemy character with a Force rating that makes an attack against this character to reroll their attack. If the result of reroll is a failed attack, the enemy character joins your squad for the remainder of the skirmish.) That way it would be something he could activate himself, but would cost him 20 HP to do it to. Oh, and I don't think you need both Betrayal and Give in to your Anger.

Another option for Rapid Corruption would be to make it proportional to the number of Force Points spent: 10 damage per Force Point. So, Force Lightning 4 would cost him 40 hit points to use. Could be interesting. That would actually be a really cool ability for a lot of Sith to have. A drawback to allow them to be uber powerful in other ways. Signifies the damage they do to their own bodies by following the Sith ways.

Eternal Hatred + MOTF 2 could be brutal. Would be VERY tough to kill him for good, though I think he'd kill himself pretty quickly from using his Force Powers.

I REALLY like this piece overall. Very good flavor to match the abilities.

As for "unplayable cost range"...well, that all depends on how you cost him. ;) Just off hand I'd say to put him in the 80ish range to start with. Compared to Sion, he's much more powerful, but does have some draw backs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:27 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Aye, I was thinking that, just it's hard to balience give into your anger. He probably deserves a mastery version which tampers with the stats of the oppoment, such as -4 attack to show that he is the strongest maniuplator of this era. Or not, that being said, the basic verision would probably do and after thinking it over, I would like it as a force ability more and if I was forcing people to make attacks, it would be pretty amazing at while his style can have maximun effect to show that saber combat with most oppoments is simple for him. Thanks for that suggestion. Hehehe. ^^

That being said, I prefer to keep the corruption a flat 20 hp, as scaling it too much could damage a figure. Unless I make an SA called Dark Corruption which deals in flat damage. I will think it over.

If it was not Palpatine, it would be hard to balience. Plus he will probably spending a lot of force points anyway and the fact he's cutting off the palp on the thrown is harsh enough. I probably agree about 80/85 is right, since he will be Imperial and swap bait.

Toying with giving him an affinty for the Sith, but him in the Sith Faction seems a bit off at this point. He seems strange without a commander effect, but I imagine he will be fine as he is without one, the uber palpatine in his fresh body did not seem that much incharge of his forces considering one of his loyal guardains poisoned everyone, and by that point, he did not really need to buff his apprentices. He would just convert them and use them as he did not really need successors that urgently. Heheh