logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Sev'rance Tann
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:34 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sev%27rance_Tann
So, I entered a random Seperatist custom contest and came up with her. I, actually, never played her or was familiar with her but I read her bio and came up with this idea. Sure, the CEs aren't truly original but I thought they would be fun to add to a faction that, for a time, was really lacking some CEs that help the living grunts.

My question is:
Is the cost way too low? Should she be more 36-39ish?

I did however notice the concept of Recon and Superior Tactician is a bit redundant and if someone had NTMO, that she would truly be ganked. However, the fact that she could still blunder into a failed roll even with recon doesn't completely skew her to overpowered.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, upon seeing her picture, I almost thought about customing up Jaina Solo into her. Almost. Thankfully, the Young Jedi Knight still works well with blue skin and black hair.

Sev'rance Tann
Cost 33
HPs 70
Def 19
Atk:+10
Damage 20
SA:
Unique
Melee Attack, Double Attack
Superior Tactician (During initiative, you automatically choose who goes first except on a roll of 6 or lower)
Recon

Force Powers:
FPs 4
Lightsaber Deflect
Knight Speed

Commander Effect:
Non-Unique followers within 6 squares gain Opportunist.
Once per round, after initiative is determined, 1 ally within 6 squares can immediately move up to its Speed before any other character activates.

Post subject: Re: Sev'rance Tann
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:27 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

With both Superior Tactician, and the move 6 CE, I'd definitely say she seems a little undercosted. Compared to old Thrawn at 37, she has a lot more damage output, more survivability due to Deflect, and a 91% chance of choosing who goes first, compared to Thrawn's 95% chance, so pretty close. Granted, she doesn't grant the +3 to Defense, and doesn't have Swap, which is arguably a big difference, but the Intuition CE can be brutal as well. Some of the combo's in the Sep faction for using that CE are pretty awesome. Like, Tyranus DLOTS could move 12 at the beginning of a round and then Lightning 4 some one, hopefully activating them. Jarael is a favorite of mine to use with Seps right now, and she could move 16 total, and then Triple/Stun someone (as long as the TBSV is around too, obviously). There's quite a few pieces that would work well with that Intuition boost.

One thing you might consider...did she command Droid armies at all? Could allow the Intuition part of the CE to affect Droids as well. Just some extra flavor.

I would definitely push her cost to more like 38 or 39 though I think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:51 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

That's the main reason I limited the Intuition CE to a range. I wanted to make sure that if you put her in a spot to be used (much less so with MDs) that you are taking a risk.

I might have to retool the Recon/ST idea a bit when I have time. Thanks for the feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:11 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

So, I retooled her a bit.

Sev'rance Tann
Cost 39
HPs 70
Def 19
Atk:+10
Damage 20
SA:
Unique
Melee Attack, Double Attack
Superior Tactician (During initiative, you automatically choose who goes first except on a roll of 6 or lower)
Droid Control

Force Powers:
FPs 4
Lightsaber Deflect
Anticipation

Commander Effect:
Droids are subject to this effect:
Once per round, after initiative is determined, 1 ally within 6 squares can immediately move up to its Speed before any other character activates.