HP 110
Def 19
Attk 10
Dmg 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Twin Attack
Accurate Shot
Slugthrower 20 (This character's attacks cannot be deflected or evaded. If this characters's attack hits, all characters within 3 squares of the target take 20 damage; save 11. If the attack misses, the target and all characters within 3 squares take 20 damage; save 11. Shii-Cho, Soresu, Ataru, Makashi, and Niman style cannot be used against this character.)
Kaleesh General (Kaleesh allies within 6 gain Slugthrower 10 and Accurate Shot

Still a pawn of the Dark Side, the Kaleesh Warlord waged war against the Huk and Republic in the name of the CIS.

Post subject: Re: Qymaen jai Sheelal, Kaleesh Warlord
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:41 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Broken, in the starwars universe, slugthrowers are like modern day firearms, a sensible way to fit it in would be something like
Slugthrower
lightsaber reflect cannot be used against this character
Soresu Style cannot be used against this character
evade cannot be used against this character
Charactes with lightsabers lose 6 defense against this characters attacks ;)

"Jackson: What's this?
Carter: This is ethylpropyl...
Jackson: Which is?
Carter: Nerve gas.
Jackson: Okay. Putting that back."

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:22 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

crazyjawarancorrider wrote:
Broken, in the starwars universe, slugthrowers are like modern day firearms, a sensible way to fit it in would be something like
Slugthrower
lightsaber reflect cannot be used against this character
Soresu Style cannot be used against this character
evade cannot be used against this character
Charactes with lightsabers lose 6 defense against this characters attacks ;)

From wookieepedia...

Slugthrowers were considered by many to be a primitive, inferior technology when compared to blasters, and were often used by those without access to better weapons, such as primitive cultures. However, they remained popular for the unique advantages they offered. For example, during the days of the Galactic Republic, mercenaries fearing an intervention by Jedi Knights used rapid-fire slugthrowers that were impossible to deflect, unlike blaster bolts. They were also popular amongst forces looking to take advantage of the explosive nature for intimidation or to ensure destruction. Whatever they lacked in functionality, they regained in stealth. A slugthrower could be silenced, while a blaster could not. Also, blaster rounds were almost always visible. Although this could be seen as an advantage, non-tracer rounds used by slugthrowers added an extra element of confusion and surprise, not allowing the target to see where the shots were coming from. Furthermore, slugthrowers were generally cheaper and more easily repaired than blasters. In addition, the projectile itself could have unique properties. Explosive, incendiary and mercy slugs each had different effects. Explosive ammo dealt additional kinetic damage to a target. Incendiary ammunition could cause burns that were as dangerous as the projectile, or set items on fire. Mercy bullets made of rubber or semi-rigid plastic gave a way to set a slugthrower on 'stun'. Of course, this meant carrying extra ammo or magazines - and special rounds were costlier and rarer than conventional slugs. Bounty hunters that carried slugthrowers tended to make extensive use of special ammo in their work. Some mixed rounds in the same magazine, starting with mercy slugs and working their way up to more lethal types in case the less deadly projectiles failed to stop their opponents.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Umm...if a Jedi can deflect a laser bolt, why can't they deflect a bullet? I can't remember any specific instance where somebody with a slugthrower weapon was still able to hit a Jedi and they weren't able to defend themselves against it.

Not to mention that you're combining the idea of a Sniper Rifle slugthrower (Accurate Shot) with a Shotgun (Slugthrower/Splash 20).

To top it off, this guy is WAY undercosted for what he offers. Compare it to Boba BH. Sure, the stats are a tad lower, but your Slugthrower 20 idea is like a grenade launcher of epic proportions. 3 square burst, with a 50/50 chance?? Look at what General Veers hologram does. He costs 17 points, and requires at least 1 other 5 point piece to be useable. And his save is only a save 6.

Maybe if you gave him just regular Splash 10, it wouldn't be so bad.

EDIT: You posted the thing from Wookieepedia as I was writing the rest of this. You can't necessarily trust everything you read on Wookieepedia (or Wikipedia for that matter). Make sure that it comes from an actual source. Don't just take ideas from Wookieepedia and consider them fact. In this case, I would grab the 'Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology" to confirm whether these ideas make sense. Still though, just because it makes sense in the SW Universe, doesn't mean it's necessarily good for the game. This guy would still be overpowered, even if it does "make sense".

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:41 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

LoboStele wrote:
Make sure that it comes from an actual source. Don't just take ideas from Wookieepedia and consider them fact. In this case, I would grab the 'Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology" to confirm whether these ideas make sense. Still though, just because it makes sense in the SW Universe, doesn't mean it's necessarily good for the game. This guy would still be overpowered, even if it does "make sense".

While I appreciate the constructive dissent, the last few lines of your post make me life. Should we consider the "Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology" as fact for a galaxy that doesn't exist? :mrgreen:

When I was determining the cost, I actually used the old excel sheet that allows you to enter HP, Def, Attk, SA's, etc. For SA's that were not listed, I combined 2 or more SA's that had a similar affect. Originally, I wanted to put him in the mid to high 50's. Ultimately, I put him at 49 to be a nice compliment to Count Dooku of Serreno - for Dynamic Duo purposes.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:50 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

theME wrote:
While I appreciate the constructive dissent, the last few lines of your post make me life. Should we consider the "Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology" as fact for a galaxy that doesn't exist? :mrgreen:

Hahaha, too true. :P

Was just trying to point out that the Essential Guides are LFL approved sources of information that you can guarantee is canon. While Wookieepedia, any ole Joe Shmoe can go in and edit things however they want, and LFL has no control over it whatsoever. There's plenty of things on Wookieepedia that are non-canon from time to time, or are best-guess assumptions based on how things work in our galaxy. ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:34 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Wookiepedia is highly unstable that way

"Jackson: What's this?
Carter: This is ethylpropyl...
Jackson: Which is?
Carter: Nerve gas.
Jackson: Okay. Putting that back."