logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Ulic Qel-Droma, Enlightened
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:38 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

A bit of backstory behind my idea. I know that there are figures like "Vaders Apprentice Unleased/Redeemed/ETC." and I thought it was a cool concept to have a figures represent how they have changed over the storyline. I just finished reading Tales of the Jedi and was really surprised how powerful Nomi was in the end. Not to ruin it for anyone (SPOILER INCOMING), but Nomi manages to pour so much Light side force into Ulic (Who at the time is a Sith apprentice) that it strips him of his Force abilities. At the end of Tales of the Jedi there is a story about Nomi's daughter, Vima, who really wants to become a Jedi. so she tracks down Ulic on a remote planet since he outcasted himself from the rest of the republic. (Hence why he is Fringe) While he can not use the Force or even feel it, he is still a well trained wielder of the light saber. He trains Vima by sparring day in and day out, but in the end Ulic is shot and killed by a crazed pilot. Ulic dies in the hands of Nomi and Vima, but to everyones surprise Ulic becomes one with the force. Because of her training with Ulic, Vima was able to become one of the greatest Jedi of all time.

I think my figure fully shows each part of that story. Ulic cant use the force (Hence Fallen Jedi). He is a skilled light saber duelist (Hence Twin Attack). and when he dies he becomes one with the force, his lesson living on in both Nomi and Vima and making them both become powerful Jedi (Hence Redemption)

I really hope you enjoy my figure, I put a lot of though into it, but I know it is still a rough idea and could use some critiquing.

---

Ulic Qel-Droma, Enlightened
(((Fringe)))
HP: 120
Def: 21
Dmg: 20
Atk: +15

Special Ability:
Unique (Counts as Ulic Qel-Droma.)
Melee Attack (Can only attack adjacent enemies.)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, it makes 1 extra attack against the same target.)
Force Ascetic (Cannot spend Force points to reroll or move faster.)
Parry (When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11.)

Force Powers:
Force: 0
Force Renewal: 1

Redemption (If this character is defeated, immediately add its remaining force points to an allied character within 6 squares who has a force rating. That ally also gains Force Renewal: 1 and Twin Attack for the rest of the skrimish. If the ally already has a Force Renewal, it now has its original force renewal +1.)

"Ulic may not have been able to feel the Force, but he had the heart of a Jedi." ~Vima Sunrider

---

~Zuty

Last edited by Zuty on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ulic Qel-Droma, Enlightened
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:59 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Very interesting idea. Seems like a bit expensive for all the more he can do, but I guess it's not too bad. I might consider giving him something like Parry though, just to help him stick around a bit longer. I definitely like your idea behind the force powers. Your 'Fallen Jedi' ability is basically the same idea as the Jacen Solo piece, and his 'Force Empathic' ability though. If you gave this Ulic 'Force Empathic' it would do the exact same thing as you are trying to do. Sure, the 'Fallen Jedi' wording sounds better, but it's usually better to just use existing abilities.

The power to grant someone Force Renewal is pretty brutal, especially on top of the fact that you'd probably be dumping 4-6 Force Points into that person as well. For a more 'official' sounding wording, might be able to re-work it a little, but it makes sense the way you did it, and that's what matters.

Overall, very nice!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:19 pm 
General
General

You're thinking Force Aescetic, Empathetic danages him when a unique ally dies.

{11111111011][7777777777777777777777777777777
<(HHHHHQXX)=(77777777777777777777777777777777

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:18 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Partof1 wrote:
You're thinking Force Aescetic, Empathetic danages him when a unique ally dies.

Doh! Right!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:38 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

TY for telling me about Force Ascetic, I just edited the post to replace that in.

I also added Parry. I know his Redemption may sound strong, but I think limiting to 6 squares doesn't make it as so bad. I could always decrease its range, but I really think 6 is a good number.

Once I figure out how to customize figures and get good at it, this will be the first piece I will make.

TY for all the comments, I will keep posting more ideas.

~Zuty