Faction: Sith
Cost:88
HP:180
Defence:17
Attack:18
Damage:30

SA:

Unique, melee attack, double attack
savage rage(If this character's hp goes below 50 he gains Savage and a -4 to his attack and +10 damage)

Orbalisk armor(when this character takes damage, reduce the damage delt by 20 with a save of 6. When this character activates he must make a save of 11, on a faliure he takes 30 damage, this damage cannot be avoided on a faliure, on a success, remove 30 damage from this character.)
Dejm so style
FP:
force 2, force renewal 1, master of the force 2
sith rage
force lightning 4
master speed
lightsaber assult

Darth Zannah
Cost:47
HP:110
Defence:20
Attack:14
Damage:20
SA:
Melee attack, twin attack
FP:
Force 2, Force renewal 1
Force cloaked
Sith sorcery
Force grip 1
force insanity(Force 5,replaces attacks, range 6, choose a living enemy, that enemy takes 20 damage and each time they activate, they must make a save of 16, on a faliure that target takes an additional 20 damage and is considered activated this turn.)

This is a version of bane when he has his orbalisk armor. High hp shows his high endurence and tolerence of pain, lowish defence and high attack showed how he relied on the orbalisks to protect him while he was going all offence, 30 damage shows his high strength and use of his djem so stlye, and regeneration 30 shows how the orbalisks heal him almost instantly. Savage rage was because in the book rule of two, the orbalisks fed on his anger and i just thought it was fitting the way he acted in it.

For Zannah i just put the stats to what i thought would be a good representation of her, force cloaked showed how she hid her presence through the force, sith sorcery and sith insanity because she was a sith sorceress.

I have thought about the savage rage thing with Bane, maybe i should put something of rule of 2 in there so he wouldn't benefit from Exar Kun's CE. Also i can't really think of a name for bane maybe somebody could give me an idea or something.
Post your thoughts, all comments welcome :D

- Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith

Last edited by darth bane on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Orbalisk Bane and Darth Zannah
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:04 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Very interesting stats for Bane, but I definitely don't think he'd be only 88 pts. Regen30 has gotta cost a hella lot of points, lol. Same with Djem So and with the Orbalisk, thats gotta add a lot of extra to Bane. I do think Savage Rage is interesting, but would dial it down from 100 HP to 50 HP (showing him more towards defeat). Of course I don't know much about Bane so there may be a reason for 100 instead of 50. Though keeping it at 100 would describe a little lower in cost, just don't know how much. I wouldn't mind play testing him, especially against Revan to get a feel of how he goes up against same cost/same faction unique character.

Darth Zannah is interesting, I do like Force Insanity a lot (especially with making the character count as activated). I'd make it Non-Droids like Revan's Force Corruption. It would be fun to try him/her/it/whateverthehellitis ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:09 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

jedispyder wrote:
Darth Zannah is interesting, I do like Force Insanity a lot (especially with making the character count as activated). I'd make it Non-Droids like Revan's Force Corruption. It would be fun to try him/her/it/whateverthehellitis ^_^

I've been reading the books but haven't gotten to the comics yet so maybe mine is slanted towards the books. In the books, Zannah, Bane's apprentice, hadn't made Darth yet. So for Zannah, I would say drop the "Darth" unless you know something that I haven't found yet and I wholely accept that. It would be more along the lines of "Zannah, Sith Apprentice." She also was trained in using a double bladed Lightsaber but smaller than most so she was more trained to wear out melee Jedi than to defeat them with force. So, I might add her LS Duelist or LS Block might help. I agree on Force Insanity affect only Living units.

Now, Bane. He's problematic. With the abilities presented, he's a tough nut to crack. A tough Damage Reduction ability (Orbilisk) and a means of healing himself (Regen). Usually, you need to balance out these abilities. Lower HPs (160-170) to be a decent balance. You have Orbilisk as a double edged sword which it is with Savage Rage. But it also was killing him. So, if you leave it at 100 HPs, you need to make sure that the Orbilisks that were slowly killing him usually ramped up the toxins the more Dark Side he pumped into them.

So, a suggestion is, Savage Rage: When this character drops below 100 HPs, he gains for the skirmish: Savage, -4 Atk, +10 Damage and must make a save (11) every time he activates or lose 10 HPs.

I think if you balance that with Variable Regen 10 (save 16 for 30), it might balance out a bit. His Orbilisks were a slippery slope. He came very, very close do dying just from them alone. But, I am not a fan of 6-8 die rolls per character (including saves and attacks) but I never played Warhammer 40K where that's kind of a norm. But, I digress.

As for the force powers, I don't think there's much to change there. He doesn't need any defensive powers and they are on par with most of his abilities. Though, I am scared of Force Lightning 4 with MotF2.

Keep in mind when the official new Bane comes out, we might see something very, very similiar. And it might reach the 100 pt plateau.

Just suggestions, take them for what they are worth.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:34 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

ok thank you two i totally forgot about the living thing with force insanity, i based them both from the book rule of 2, i did realize bane would be really hard to take down with such an easy save and with regeneration, so i do agree that he may be worth more than that.
Quote:
I've been reading the books but haven't gotten to the comics yet so maybe mine is slanted towards the books. In the books, Zannah, Bane's apprentice, hadn't made Darth yet. So for Zannah, I would say drop the "Darth" unless you know something that I haven't found yet and I wholely accept that. It would be more along the lines of "Zannah, Sith Apprentice." She also was trained in using a double bladed Lightsaber but smaller than most so she was more trained to wear out melee Jedi than to defeat them with force

Zannah in the book did have the title darth, i flipped through the book real quick to check and found on page 308, "Darth Zannah, you are my apprentice..."
I gave her twin attack because it seemed to fit her shorter double bladed lightsaber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:13 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

darth bane wrote:
Zannah in the book did have the title darth, i flipped through the book real quick to check and found on page 308, "Darth Zannah, you are my apprentice..."
I gave her twin attack because it seemed to fit her shorter double bladed lightsaber

I must of overlooked that. He probably said it one time and it never stayed with me. If so, its the least fearful Darth name that comes close to the fear-inducing Darth Brit and Darth Staci. Of course, thankfully they would be eclipsed if Freedon Nadd took the Darth mantle. I mean would you be fearful of Darth Nadd? But that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

So, good job on Zannah. And Bane is coming along nicely.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:04 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

i lowered bane's defence to 17 to show how he would really need to rely on is orbalisk to survive

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:15 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I think you've overpowered him a bit. Orbalisk Armour + Djem So Style + MotF2 makes him nigh invincible, and at 88 points he's a steal IMO. The only shooter he really would fear would be Boba and the Big D. Melee would get wrecked, Vader JH would do a total of 30 damage at best against him while there is a good chance he'd take 90+ in return. Even the current Bane could only do about 60 damage to him while taking 60 in return. Nevermind the Regeneration 30 basically healing any damage that actually gets done to him.

I'd suggest finding an aspect of his character you want to focus on and build around that. I try to look at custom stats in these ways: #1 the more offensive they are, the less defensive they should be.
#2 balanced offense and defense OR balanced offense or defense and CE
#3 high defensive with less offense.

So, if you want an 88 point Bane that tears things up but has Orbalisk Armour, what does he give up for that protection? What does that protection represent? HP? DR? Both?

eg
Bane with Orbalisk Armor 88 points
HP: 160
Def: 20
Atk: +16
Dam: 30

Special Abilities
Unique; Melee Attack; Double Attack; Regeneration 20;
Orbalisk Armour 6 (When this character takes damage, reduce the damage by 10 with a save of 6)
Savage Rage (When this characters hit points are reduced to half or lower, this character gains -4 Defense and +10 Damage.)

Force Powers
Force 2. Force Renewal 1
Master of the Force 2
Force Lightning 4
Sith Rage
Lightsaber Riposte
Lightsaber Assault
Master Speed

In the above example I lowered his HP and upped his defense. This I felt balances well with a DR 10 (75% chance before re-rolls) for all types of damage and Regeneration 20 if he's standing still.

Djem So on a FR character (who can hit you for 40 damage) with MotF2 is simply too powerful IMO, Luke Jedi can get it but his damage output is limited and he's got a low atk, def and HP. I figured that Lightsaber Riposte would be just as effective as a melee deterrent with MotF2, but the balance is the use of Force Points.

I changed Savage Rage a bit because it seems that in this state he's more dangerous but leaves himself more open as opposed to just losing attack.

Those are some of my ideas if that helps any.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:45 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I changed the wording on orbalisk armer so that he will take damage possibly. I didn't want the damage reduction to only be 10 because thats just a repeat of vonduun crab armer 6. I also changed savage rage to 50.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:02 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

As you have Orbalisk Armour worded right now, he'd be able to make an Orbalisk Armour save for the damage taken on his failed save upon activation.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:19 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Oh yeah i thought about that for a second, then forgot it... I have a habbit of doing that :evil: thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:56 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I lowered his hp to 180, removed regeneration 30, added it so he takes 30 damage instead of 10 on a falied save upon activation, and made it so he recovers 30 on a success.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:03 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I know this is off topic, but, at Target the other day, I got the Sith Lord pack, it came with Nihilus, Bane (with orbilisk armor) and Maul Champion of the Sith. It was awesome.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:46 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Darth Zannah really needs more defense, in the book she had an almost impenetrable defense with her short doublebladed lightsaber
(off topic) There is a Sith Lord Pack with Maul Champion :shock: , sw minis right :?:

"Jackson: What's this?
Carter: This is ethylpropyl...
Jackson: Which is?
Carter: Nerve gas.
Jackson: Okay. Putting that back."

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:54 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Darth Bane
Cost:88
HP:140
Defence:19
Attack:15
Damage:30

SA:
Unique, Melee, Double Attack
Savage Rage (If this character's Hit Points goes below 80, he gains Savage and a -4 to his Defense and +10 Damage)
Orbalisk Armor (When this character takes damage from another character, reduce the damage dealt by 20 with a save of 6. When this character activates he must make a save of 11, on a failure he takes 10 damage, this damage cannot be avoided on a faliure)
Rule of Two (you may only have one other force user in this squad)

Force 2, Renewal 1, MOTF 2
Sith Rage
Force Lightning 4
Master Speed
Lightsaber Assault

Darth Zannah
Cost:47
HP:110
Defence:19
Attack:13
Damage:20

SA:
Melee, Twin Attack, Synergy (+4 Attack when within 6 squares of a character whose name contains "Bane"), Parry, Lightsaber Duelist

Force 2, Renewal 1
Force Cloak
Sith Sorcery
Force Grip 1
Force Insanity (Force 4, replaces attacks, range 6, choose a living enemy, that enemy takes 10 damage and each time they activate, they must make a save of 16, on a failure that target takes an additional 10 damage and is considered activated this turn.)

Minor changes to both