logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Obi-wan, Soresu master
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:32 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Cause I think there should be a kick-butt Republic Obi-wan.

Obi-wan Kenobi, Soresu Master 53 points

Republic
HP: 120
Def: 21
Atk: +15
Dam: 20

Special Abilities
Unique; Melee Attack; Double Attack; Parry; Intuition;
Soresu Style (+2 to all saving rolls. +2 Defense if more than one enemy is within 6 squares.)

Force Powers
Force 6
Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Deflect
Force Absorb
Force Leap
Force Heal 30
Force Push 2

After the death of Qui-gonn, Obi-wan focused his mastery more on the defensive Lightsaber Style of Soresu.

Last edited by Gemini1179 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Obi-wan, Soresu master
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:13 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Kick butt? He'd be nearly unbeatable that way lol.

MOTF 2 and Parry is sick, let alone with your idea for Soresu. And 27 defense against Adjacent Force Users if there's more than 1 within 6? Ouch. Good luck with that. So then you'd be making a Save 9 for Parry, plus 2 chances to re-roll. Granted, you'll run out of Force Points quick though. Absorb might be getting a bit overboard though. Definitely worth more than 48 points. I like it overall, but think of it this way. If you pitted Darth Tyranus, LOTDS 1 on 1 against this Obi-Wan, who would win? Yeah....Or, if you put Shado Vao 1 on 1 agaisnt him...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:48 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

LoboStele wrote:
Kick butt? He'd be nearly unbeatable that way lol.

MOTF 2 and Parry is sick, let alone with your idea for Soresu. And 27 defense against Adjacent Force Users if there's more than 1 within 6? Ouch. Good luck with that. So then you'd be making a Save 9 for Parry, plus 2 chances to re-roll. Granted, you'll run out of Force Points quick though. Absorb might be getting a bit overboard though. Definitely worth more than 48 points. I like it overall, but think of it this way. If you pitted Darth Tyranus, LOTDS 1 on 1 against this Obi-Wan, who would win? Yeah....Or, if you put Shado Vao 1 on 1 agaisnt him...

Well, the LS Duelist might have to go. But, I think without FR he's not bad. Without Qui-gon FS he'll run out of FP quickly. His advantage over Tyranus, Shado and Draay is that he doesn't have to wait to build up force- the disadvantage being that he doesn't renew and that his effective support is costly. He also doesn't have any extra damage output, and Tyranus LOTDS could burn him pretty bad with Lightning as he approached and Shado has GM + Precision. The Force Absorb is for those pesky LS Assaulters....

I guess the original idea was that he's a 'meta' big hitter counter. Bane, Lord Vader and such, more defensive, but doesn't heap on the damage.

Thanks for the input.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:24 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, Absorb would stop Lightning on Tyranus too if you are based to him. Just saying, this Obi would tear up either Tyranus or Shado once he based them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:46 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

LoboStele wrote:
Well, Absorb would stop Lightning on Tyranus too if you are based to him. Just saying, this Obi would tear up either Tyranus or Shado once he based them.

Well, I'd just like to see a good Republic Obi-wan. If we ever do get a Jedi with Parry and he/she will be a heavily debated to be sure. I'll see if I can make a few more changes to balance things a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:36 am 
General
General

After the costing change, i think he's pretty balanced. I agree MotF and parry is mean, but MotF sucks FP's like you wouldn't believe, and w/out renewal, he runs out quick if played poorly. good job, we needed a defensive Obi-Wan.

{11111111011][7777777777777777777777777777777
<(HHHHHQXX)=(77777777777777777777777777777777

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:26 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

nice idea, but how come the Soresu style didnt have anything to do with non melee(blaster) attacks?

- Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:39 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

darth bane wrote:
nice idea, but how come the Soresu style didnt have anything to do with non melee(blaster) attacks?

Not really sure what you're asking here, but I think you're referring to the style from KOTOR II? I just tried to capture the essence of a fully defensive style without making it too powerful, which is apparently easy to do. Obi-wan was specifically sent after Grevious because of his incredible defensive dueling abilities, and he survived his fight with Vader because of that as well which is why he has Parry. Defensively with respect to blasters, he gains +2 to his LS Deflect rolls. I had thought about adding in Evade, but thought that would be too cruel.