Cost 20
HP --
Def --
Att--
dam --

SA
Unique
Speed 2
Dark Spirit of Marka Ragnos (Ignores characters and terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, and does not count as a legal target, the nearest enemy, or adjacent. Not subject to commander effects. Does not provide cover. At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique allied character with a Force rating. That ally gains Force renewal 1 , Sith rage, while within 6 squares of this character This character is defeated if the chosen ally is defeated. An enemy within 6 squares can spend 1 Force point to defeat this character; save 6. This effect replaces that enemy's attacks.)
Control Body (When the ally who you selected to have the Dark spirit is defeated, place him back on the map save 16 and remove this charachter, the character is restarted as the folowing:
Name: Marka Ragnos (Recarnated)
HP 60
Def 19
Att +15
Dam 20

SA
Unique (counts as Marka Ragnos, and "charachters name here"
Melee Attack
Triple Attack
Jedi Hunter

FP
F 3
Force Renewal 2
Sith Hunger 5 (Force 5: replaces attacks Range 6; remove 60 damage from target and up to 5 force points (if that charachter posseses it) and add them to this character)
Sith Sorcerey
Sith Rage 3 (Force 3: Add 30 damage to this characters attacks this turn)

Post subject: Re: Marka Ragnos, Sith Spirit
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:19 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Quote:
Sith Hunger 5 (Force 5: replaces attacks Range 6; remove 60 damage from target and up to 5 force points (if that charachter posseses it) and add them to this character)

Not sure if this was intentional, but the wording here is ackward. As reads, I heal the target for 60 damage and this character for 60. Though I suspect you meant an ability similar to Nihilus', which I would recommend cut and paste the wording.

Why 60 removal for a figure that has 60 HP? I would recommend remove 50 damage as that is more practical and may assist with lowering cost.

Cost 20...I am not sure if that is too low for the abilities. This piece is really different from the other Force Spirits...how has it play tested?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:55 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

That's pretty insane. Everything up until Marka's stats are ok.

HP 70
Def 18
Att +15
Dam 20

SA
Unique (counts as Marka Ragnos, and "charachters name here"
Melee Attack
Triple Attack
Jedi Hunter

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Force Lightning 3- (force 3, replaces attacks, 40 damage to 1 enemy target within 6 squares
Lightsaber Assault
Sith Sorcery
Sith Rage

That's what I would go for.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:18 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Quote:
HP 70
Def 18
Att +15
Dam 20

But what would the cost be? Even this version bears the question of insane stats. This is almost a Exar Kun in Carbonite type piece half of which would be around 40 point cost.

Perhaps something more of a negative. Such as: 1) Everytime this character activates he takes 10 damage or 2) for every Force point used this character takes 10 damage. Now the Sith Hunger ability is more of a requirement.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:28 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Marka Ragnos, Sith Spirit
Faction Sith
Cost 20
HP --
Def --
Att--
dam --

SA
Unique
Speed 2
Dark Spirit of Marka Ragnos (Ignores characters and terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, and does not count as a legal target, the nearest enemy, or adjacent. Not subject to commander effects. Does not provide cover. At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique allied character with a Force rating. That ally gains Force renewal 1 , Sith rage, while within 6 squares of this character This character is defeated if the chosen ally is defeated. An enemy within 6 squares can spend 1 Force point to defeat this character; save 6. This effect replaces that enemy's attacks.)
Control Body (When the ally who you selected to have the Dark spirit is defeated, place him back on the map save 16 and remove this charachter, the character is restarted as the folowing:
HP 60
Def 19
Att +12
Dam 20

SA
Unique (counts as Marka Ragnos, and "charachters name here")
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Jedi Hunter
The Price to pay (Every time this character is activated remove 10 hp from this charachter)

FP
F 1
Force Renewal 1
Sith Hunger 4 (Force 4, replaces attacks: range 6; 50 damage to target living enemy, and remove 50 damage from this character. If the target has Force points remaining, transfer up to 4 Force points from the target to this character.)
Sith Sorcerey

*Edit* Changed the cost
and Lobosteles advice

Last edited by Jedi Master Chief on Mon May 05, 2008 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:50 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

1) JMC, I think you took my comment about cost the wrong way. I was looking for more negatives to bring the cost down to the level you originally proposed. I recommend analyzing the characters cost with the base stats from when the control body occurs and progress from there.

2) Why target living enemy? Why not target character? It is Sith and brings more of the Sith flavor to the table, along with an interesting army build.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:25 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

nuksaa wrote:
1) JMC, I think you took my comment about cost the wrong way. I was looking for more negatives to bring the cost down to the level you originally proposed. I recommend analyzing the characters cost with the base stats from when the control body occurs and progress from there.

2) Why target living enemy? Why not target character? It is Sith and brings more of the Sith flavor to the table, along with an interesting army build.

1. yea i will do that thanx alot

2. o oops i just copied the text from Nihilus so it would be easy to understand

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:48 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

No, Sith Hunger has to be against Living targets only. Can't suck the life out of a Droid.

And Sith Rage 3 is just absolutely ridiculous in this context. Normal Sith Rage would still be crazy on this piece, but come on, think about this some. You're giving her a +16 attack, for 30 damage against Jedi to start with. Now toss in Rage 3, and you're doing 60 damage per hit. Sure, at +16 you'll miss a few attacks here and there, but it's pretty unlikely. The only saving grace is that losing HP every round means you'll end up using Hunger 4 more than anything in order to keep the piece alive.

On that note, there's no point to 'Price to Pay' causing you to lose FPs, and then have Renewal 2. Just give the character Renewal 1, and have 'Price to Pay' only affect their HP.

Personally, I don't know much about Marka Ragnos' character, but I like the base idea of a Sith Spirit granting Sith Rage. I would almost rather it grant Master of the Force 2 and Sith Rage though, as so many of the Sith have Renewal 1 to start with.

Oh, and final note....there's NO WAY all of that would ever fit onto a stat card. :P

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:10 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:
No, Sith Hunger has to be against Living targets only. Can't suck the life out of a Droid.

Agreed. My intent of the question was toward a living ally or living enemy, so a living character. And I do agree it needs a bit more toning down.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:13 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

LoboStele wrote:

And Sith Rage 3 is just absolutely ridiculous in this context. Normal Sith Rage would still be crazy on this piece, but come on, think about this some. You're giving her a +16 attack, for 30 damage against Jedi to start with. Now toss in Rage 3, and you're doing 60 damage per hit. Sure, at +16 you'll miss a few attacks here and there, but it's pretty unlikely. The only saving grace is that losing HP every round means you'll end up using Hunger 4 more than anything in order to keep the piece alive.

On that note, there's no point to 'Price to Pay' causing you to lose FPs, and then have Renewal 2. Just give the character Renewal 1, and have 'Price to Pay' only affect their HP.

Personally, I don't know much about Marka Ragnos' character, but I like the base idea of a Sith Spirit granting Sith Rage. I would almost rather it grant Master of the Force 2 and Sith Rage though, as so many of the Sith have Renewal 1 to start with.

Oh, and final note....there's NO WAY all of that would ever fit onto a stat card. :P

Thanx alot for the help and we'll see about that card
ill take your suggestions and apply them to this characher
now think how much text they sqeeze on for figs like the skiff they shrinked the text the same can be done here

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:39 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

as it is right now
i did this during lunch today lol

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:57 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ooohh kay.

The problem here is it has to be readable by the general population. That card you posted I can barely read right now, and it's probably close to twice the size of an actual stat card. So, I grabbed a couple card scans I had here on my computer, and compared them side by side for you:

ImageImageImage

See how much difference there is? Of course, there's a couple things you could do to shrink the space used like put Melee and Double on the same line, or Force 1 and Renewal 1 on the same lines. Eh...you might be able to get it there.

I would recommend taking a course of action similar to how Han in Carbonite works. Reword 'Control Body' such that when the character is defeated, and you make the Save 16, you actually replace one mini with an entirely different mini. Then you also have the Marka Ragnos piece that you could use in regular play without having to need the spirit first. Might not work quite as well as far as 'in universe' type stuff goes, but that's about the only way I see the ability working out correctly.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:06 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

You also could apply the "Price to pay" penalty to the paired character.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:28 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

try number 2 at the card

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:00 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LOL better. ;) Probably about the best you can do without totally rewording some stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:06 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

You could just copy from SA Light Spirit and adjust.

Before:

Ignores characters and terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, and does not count as a legal target, the nearest enemy, or adjacent. Not subject to commander effects. Does not provide cover. At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique allied character with a Force rating. That ally gains Force renewal 1 , Sith rage, while within 6 squares of this character This character is defeated if the chosen ally is defeated. An enemy within 6 squares can spend 1 Force point to defeat this character; save 6. This effect replaces that enemy's attacks.)

After:

Ignores all terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, does not count as a legal target, and is not subject to commander effects. Does not provide cover. At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique allied character with a Force rating. That ally gains Force renewal 1 , Sith rage, while within 6 squares of this character This character is defeated if the chosen ally is defeated. An enemy within 6 squares can spend 1 Force point to defeat this character; save 6. This effect replaces that enemy's attacks.)

A little rework:

Before:

After:
Control Body (When the beneficiary of Dark spirit is defeated, remove this character and restart as the following, Save 16:)

This should give 2 more lines of room.

Or you could get really crazy and state:

Control Body (When the beneficiary of Dark spirit is defeated, remove this character and insert defeated character's stat card into Marka Ragnos Resurrected sleeve, Save 16:)

So now you could make a card sleeve with a transparent front and stats of 'Resurrected' on an opaque back.