Cost:59
HP:110
Def:18
Atk:13
Dam:20

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack: Triple Attack
Avoid Defeat 6: When this character is defeated bring him back on the same square with 10 HP with 2 successful saves of 6
Cleave
Crowd Fighting
Mighty Swing +10
NONE SHALL PASS! (This character ignores enemy Special Abilities and Force Powers that allow them to ignore characters while moving. This character gains +4 Attack and +10 damage on Attacks of Opportunity. When this character scores a hit on an Attack of Opportunity, the enemy character must stop it's movement immediately, save 11.

Force Powers
Force 4
Lightsaber Assault
Master Lightsaber Sweep: Force 2, replaces attacks, attack each adjacent enemy twice.

"No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

Post subject: Re: Ganner Rhysode, Jedi Savior
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:38 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Very cool idea. I like Avoid Defeat 6, Cleave, and Crowd Fighting. Triple and Mighty Swing are a great combination as well. You need to rework None Shall Pass though. Technically, a character is already activated when an Attack of Opportunity occurs, so part of your ability does nothing. I would reword it like this: "This character gains +4 Attack and +10 damage on Attacks of Opportunity. When this character scores a hit on an Attack of Opportunity, the enemy character must stop it's movement immediately, save 11."

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:14 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Edited with your rewording, thank you Aaron. I always wanted to see a Ganner mini representative of this moment, I am please with it. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:18 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I think this is the most well-thought out piece you've posted. I think that the writers did a really good job of creating a minor character in the SW universe that you didn't really care about at first, but as the books went on he had a great development and then a fantastic death. And for some reason it just really works. This incredible death scene for a minor character, but it really leaves an impact on the reader and the SW universe in general.

My only problem with the Ganner character is that he basically had the second best death in the SW universe next to Chewie, and just because I thought Anakin Solo should have had a better one having been a more evolved character. However, that's just a bit of a pet peeve.

PS- The None Shall Pass! ability: it should apply even to characters with Flight somehow. I think that would be fitting. Maybe something like:

NONE SHALL PASS! (This character ignores enemy Special Abilities and Force Powers that allow them to ignore characters while moving. This character gains +4 Attack and +10 damage on Attacks of Opportunity. When this character scores a hit on an Attack of Opportunity, the enemy character must stop it's movement immediately, save 11.

Now no one gets by unscathed, not Boba BH, Lord Vader, no one.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:47 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

I don't know if that was a compliment or just saying I had bad Custom Stats in the past. But thank you very much. I really liked Ganner's final scene, very epic. I've been wanting to make a Ganner for a while, but only recently had the idea for his ideal stats.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:28 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

DarkLordVerjal wrote:
I don't know if that was a compliment or just saying I had bad Custom Stats in the past. But thank you very much. I really liked Ganner's final scene, very epic. I've been wanting to make a Ganner for a while, but only recently had the idea for his ideal stats.

It was a compliment for sure. I'm just the kind of guy that is never quite satisfied with most of the stats I create, which makes it even harder for someone else's design to impress me like yours did.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:34 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Quote:
My only problem with the Ganner character is that he basically had the second best death in the SW universe next to Chewie, and just because I thought Anakin Solo should have had a better one having been a more evolved character. However, that's just a bit of a pet peeve.

But that writing style burns itself out. Not everyone has an epic death or else you would continue the need to create a 'one-up' system or reach a saturation point where readers would go 'awww, that's how so-and-so died'. One of my top writers whom I read is Melanie Rawn. She generates epic characters whom you connect and root. And then she kills them. Death by plague, death by heart attack or stroke, or just died falling down stairs. That is real and, in the star wars universe, Jedi die all the time and in the thousands during the Sith/Jedi wars.

As far as Ganner is concerned, he was a support character who rose from obscurity to a moment. How can you not enjoy that? Obviously, a piece of good writing with lasting impressions.

I think the piece is well thought and balanced. He is a beast but he is touchable; and he must be dealt with quickly. Though I have to admit, when I saw the "None shall pass", I had a Holy Grail flashback.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:35 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Oh why thank you, I have a mini MyName from wotc made and traded to me, it's almost exactly like the pic I posted with the stats. A great Custom mini to go along with stats. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:54 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

nuksaa wrote:
But that writing style burns itself out. Not everyone has an epic death or else you would continue the need to create a 'one-up' system or reach a saturation point where readers would go 'awww, that's how so-and-so died'. One of my top writers whom I read is Melanie Rawn. She generates epic characters whom you connect and root. And then she kills them. Death by plague, death by heart attack or stroke, or just died falling down stairs. That is real and, in the star wars universe, Jedi die all the time and in the thousands during the Sith/Jedi wars.

As far as Ganner is concerned, he was a support character who rose from obscurity to a moment. How can you not enjoy that? Obviously, a piece of good writing with lasting impressions.

I think the piece is well thought and balanced. He is a beast but he is touchable; and he must be dealt with quickly. Though I have to admit, when I saw the "None shall pass", I had a Holy Grail flashback.

I agree with you completely, and I mentioned in the paragraph above the one you quoted how I thought it worked so well. It's more that I wish Anakin had a slightly better death. It's not that Anakins death was bad, I just don't think it was written as well as it could have been. They kept switching the focus around and you really didn't get a sense of just how much Anakin was channelling the force and holding off the Vong.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:12 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

nuksaa wrote:
Quote:
Though I have to admit, when I saw the "None shall pass", I had a Holy Grail flashback.

"I have no quarrel with you sir knight..."
:mrgreen:
And I'm glad you enjoyed the mini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:49 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

So, um perhaps you all had monty python flashbacks, Im sitting here thinking that the next thing he is going to see is going to be a giant flaming Balrog with a whip of fire..

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:50 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Except that would be "You shall not pass!" Same idea, different phrasing. :P