Attack 10
Damage 20

Special Abilities:
Unique
Melee/Double Attack

Crowd Fighting +2
Droidspeak: Allied droids within 6 are subject to commander effects
LS Duelist
Rapport 3 (Unique Allies with a Force Rating)
Force Bond: At the start of the skirmish, this character gains 1 Force Point for each ally in your squad with a Force Rating.
Force Symbiant (This character cannot use Force Abilities, including Force Renewal, if there are no other characters with a Force Rating within 6 squares.)
Wound in the Force: When this character is defeated, allied and enemy characters cannot use force powers for the remainder of the skirmish, save 16.

Force Powers
Force 0
Force Absorb
Force Alter

Force Armor 4(Force 4: Replaces Turn, Adjacent allies, including this character, gain Force Immunity)
Force Potency 2(Force 2: Make one attack against each adjacent enemy at +10 damage. These attacks cannot be avoided or redirected. At the end of this characters turn take 30 damage, save 11)
Force Renewal 1
Force Valor 3(Force 3: This character gains the following CE for the remainder of the skirmish - Unique Allies within 6 squares gain +3 Attack/+3 Defense for the remainder of the skirmish.)
LS Deflect
Master of the Force 2

"…and where they look at you and see the death of the Force, I look at you and see the hope for all life."
―Mical

Last edited by TK-421 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Exile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:14 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Far too powerful. She'd be a 60-70pt Jedi. What you have is balancing on 100pt.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:15 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:01 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Quite interesting. It seems as though you're going with a all-in one character. Not choosing to be restrained by a single function, your Exile is a beatstick, a commander and a support character all in one. However I think that making it that encompassing is causing it to be overpowered in some aspects, and too expensive for others.
Take Revan for example, a commander-beatstick, or Exar Kun also a commander-beatstick. Both these characters focus on two aspects of their characteristics, with powerful commander effects and strong offensive capabilties. Revan is somewhat expensive, and Kun has no real defensive abilities (we can argue about sorcery and TE later).

Given the roll the Exile plays in KOTOR 2, I'd be more inclined to focus on the supporting/commanding aspect of the mini, and less so of the beatstick capabilities.

Your cost is on with Kun, but I don't think it can stand toe to toe with Kun, and I don't think it should be able to.

Some changes I'd suggest:

Lower the base attack to something like 10 or 11. I don't think that you'll be running this fig up right away. I see him more as a hang out building up FPs type of guy, with a strong follower (like a valored Bastila!).

Drop the defense to 21. I think that giving him the highest possible defense to date vs a force use is a little much. Another option is to raise his defense to 23 and loose duelist.

Force Bond and Wound In The Force are very nice. Capture him well with that. He was describe as kind of a 'sucking' the force from his followers, so maybe an idea is for Force Bond to remove 1 force for an unique followers and give him 2. Start him off with 0 force to offset this gain.

Droidspeak is a nice idea to make HK a little more useful :P, and I've been waiting a long time for a higher valued rapport. It will be handy for fitting in those other party members. :D

He's got quite the slew of force powers.. Absorb and block are handy, but maybe Absorb and deflect would work better. He'd end up counting more on his high defense to stop melee attacks, but would be pretty well set against ranged attacks.
I would also suggest dropping one of Alter/Heal/Sense/JMT, right now he seems set to handle just about anything, it'd be nice if he wasn't so well prepared :D Sometimes a built in "weakness" helps to balance the character to make it vulnerable to something.
Potency and Valor of course replace attacks..
But I find Armor to be a bit clumsy in it wording... So I was think of:
Force Armor(Force 4(or 5): Replaces Turn,Adjacent allies, including this character, gain Force Immunity.)
simplifies it, and its added cost and replacing turn is a good way to make you pay to use it.

Those are my suggestions. I like it so far, nice custom. GO EXILE!!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:08 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

droid speak is pretty cool but i do think hes overpowered too like the others who posted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:14 am 

Updates made:

Reduced cost from 84 to 77
Reduced HP from 140 to 110
Reduced Attack from 14 to 10
Reduced Defense from 22 to 20
Removed Force Absorb, Force Heal 20, LS Block
Reduced starting Force to 0
Changed cost of Force Affinity from 2 to 4
Added Force Symbiant
Added LS Deflect

This character's strength is in having multiple force users on the board.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:48 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

I don't think she should have MOTF2, she was powerful, but you have to balance it from video game to miniature game. Valor 3 should be changed to the normal Valor 2. Then I'd take off crowd fighting for Cunning Attack and make her cost 65.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:00 am 

Hmmm.

Cunning attack combined w/ the Force Potency would permit 40 damage against adjacent enemies at +14 attack. I thought Crowd Fighting would better fit her need to have others in close proximity.

As far as the MotF 2, she would still have to have another force user within 6 squares to spend any FP's.