logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Rebel Storm 2008
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:56 am 
General
General

If Rebel Storm were released today, what would the stats look like? I decided to try to figure it out.

My guidelines were simple:
  • Keep the costs the same.
  • Keep the spirit of the original piece.
  • Try to make every single piece be competitive for its point cost in the modern day SWM environment.
  • Don't make any piece too good for its cost.
  • Only remove abilities if they are being replaced by something similar.

This is what I came up with. My additions are in [square brackets], the original stats and abilities are in (parentheses).

Please feel free to critique my suggestions, and offer your own.

Bothan Spy (7)
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 12 (11)
Attack: +4
Damage: 10

Special Abilities:
[Commando]
Grenades 10
[Stealth]

Notes: Now the Bothan Spy has the potential for Super Stealth and Grenades 20 with the Rebel Commando Strike Leader.

---

C-3PO (6)
Hit Points: 40 (30)
Defense: 15
Attack: +0
Damage: 0

Special Abilities:
Unique
Droid
Draw Fire

Notes: C-3PO is still pretty good today. I upped his HP to 40 so that he could survive to Draw Fire more than once most of the time. Because even though he looks good to me, most people don't tend to play him. Maybe this change would make him more appealing during squad building.

---

Chewbacca (24)
Hit Points: 100
Defense: 17
Attack: +8
Damage: 20

Special Abilities:
Unique
Wookiee
[Charging Fire]
Cleave
[Demolish]
Momentum

Notes: Chewbacca is still pretty good for his cost today. I added Charging Fire because it synergizes really well with Momentum and Cleave. I think every Wookiee should have Demolish.

---

Commando on Speeder Bike (21)
Hit Points: 30
Attack: +8 (+6)

Special Abilities:
Flight
[Self-Destruct 20]
[Speed 12] (Accelerate)
[Stealth]
Strafe Attack

Notes: It's tough to make this guy worth his 21 points without drastically altering him. I changed Accelerate to Speed 12, so he can Strafe a little farther. The addition of Stealth gives him access to a bunch of new CEs (including Super Stealth). And now the Bike goes boom when it gets destroyed. A slightly higher Attack rating helps the Commando to actually get some hits off when he strafes.

---

Elite Hoth Trooper (12)
Defense: 18 (16)
Attack: +8 (+6)

Special Abilities:
[Stable Footing]

Notes: 12 points for a grunt is just too difficult to justify most of the time. Especially one that can't really hit anything. I upped his Defense and Attack, so now the Elite Hoth Trooper should be a formidable opponent when he gets Twin Attack or some of the other CEs available to Rebel troopers. I'm not sure where Stable Footing came from, or how much it will help. But it just seemed like he needed something else.

---

Elite Rebel Trooper (7)
Hit Points: 20
Defense: 16 (13)
Attack: +9 (+7)

Notes: +7 Attack used to be highly accurate. I upped it to +9, but kept the damage at 10. 16 Defense means that Rebel troopers can start competing with Imperial troops.

---

Han Solo (28)
Hit Points: 80
Attack: +9

Special Abilities:
Unique
Accurate Shot
Cunning Attack
[Mobile Attack]

Force Powers:
(Force 1)

Notes: Han should never have had a Force point. All this guy really needed was Mobile Attack to be worth his points, in my opinion. Now he's really similar to Han Solo on Tauntaun (10 less HP, 1 more Defense, medium base). I think he's worth 28 points now. He's the cheapest medium base Accurate Han, and I think that makes him playable again.

---

Hoth Trooper (7)
Defense: 16 (15)
Attack: +5
Damage: 20 (10)

Notes: Hoth Troopers need something to set themselves apart from the Elite Rebel Troopers for the same cost. I decided to keep their low attack rating, but up their damage to 20. Now you have a choice between accurate 10 damage or inaccurate 20 damage (and there are merits to both).

---

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight (27)
Hit Points: 90
Defense: 20 (18)
Attack: +12 (+10)

Special Abilities:
Unique
Double Attack
Melee Attack
[Greater Mobile Attack]

Force Powers:
[Force 2] (Force 3)
[Force Renewal 1]
Force Leap
[Knight Speed]
Lightsaber Sweep

Notes: Luke really needed Attack and Defense boosts to be able to hang with modern Jedi (although he's only 27 points, so he's not supposed to be super great). Changing his Force points to the new pattern of Force 2 and Force Renewal means he can use one of his Force powers every turn (probably going to be Knight Speed or Force Leap). Greater Mobile Attack just seemed right on this character, and it synergizes really well with Force Leap and/or Knight Speed. Still no defensive Force powers.

---

Luke Skywalker, Rebel (17)
Hit Points: 60 (40)
Attack: +10 (+7)
Damage: 10 (20)

Special Abilities:
Unique
Impulsive Shot
[Twin Attack]

Force Powers:
Force 2
[Blaster Barrage]

Notes: This guy needed a lot of help. I actually reduced his Damage to 10 to make Twin Attack not as powerful. Twin Blaster Barrage or Impulsive Shot seemed fun.

---

Obi-Wan Kenobi (38)
Hit Points: 100
Defense: 19
Attack: +14

Special Abilities:
Unique
Double Attack
Melee Attack
[Lightsaber Duelist]

Force Powers:
[Force 3] (Force 5)
[Force Renewal 1]
Force Spirit 8
Force Heal 20
[Lightsaber Block]
Lightsaber Sweep

Notes: Obi didn't need much help. I gave him Renewal (and a higher than average Force 3 to start). Block and Duelist help him actually survive in melee combat for a while.

---

Princess Leia, Captive (13)
Hit Points: 60
Defense: 14 (13)
Attack: +7

Special Abilities:
Unique
Melee Attack
[Disruptive]
[Evade]
[Pheromones]

Force Powers:
Force 2

Notes: What's more Disruptive than Leia in a metal bikini? She's going to be tough to kill at range because of Evade, and tough to kill up close because of Pheromones. I'd play this piece all the time.

---

Princess Leia, Senator (13)
Hit Points: 50 (40)

Special Abilities:
Unique

Force Powers:
Force 1

Commander Effect:
Each follower that ends its move within 6 squares of this character can move 2 extra squares at the end of its turn. [This move does not provoke attacks of opportunity.]

Notes: Leia is still pretty competitive, but she's overshadowed by her A&E sister. I upped her HP a little and made her CE a bit better.

---

R2-D2 (8)

Special Abilities:
Unique
Droid
Override
Repair 10

Notes: With 40 HP, R2 can't be sniped by the plethora of 30 Damage Accurate shooters. Boba BH still pwns him. :)

---

Rebel Commando (14)
Hit Points: 40
Attack: +7 (+5)

Special Abilities:
[Close Quarters Fighting]
Grenades 10
[Satchel Charge]
Stealth

Notes: These guys are worthless compared to the Elite Rebel Commandos, so I tried to give them a little utility. They're much better attackers now, and they have Satchel Charge so maybe the Ugnaughts can stay at home. Close Quarters Fighting synergizes well with Super Stealth.

---

Rebel Officer (13)

Commander Effect:
Non-Unique followers within 6 squares of this character get [+2 Defense] (+2 Attack).

Notes: +2 Attack is pathetic. +2 Defense could be worth investing 13 points in.

---

Rebel Pilot (10)
Hit Points: 30 (20)
Defense: 14

Special Abilities:
Grenades 10
[Gunner +10]
[Industrial Repair 10]
[Mobile Attack]

Notes: These guys are pretty terrible as is. I tried to turn them into a kind of Mobile pit crew for the Snowspeeders.

---

Rebel Trooper (5)
Defense: 15 (13)

Notes: A little boost in Defense might be enough to make these guys hang with the Stormies.

---

Wookiee Soldier (7)
Defense: 12
Attack: +6

Special Abilities:
Cleave
Melee Attack
[Momentum]

Notes: Momentum is a huge boost to the Wookiee Soldiers (especially in Ithorian Commander squads). These would definitely be better than Aqualish now, I think.

---

Darth Vader, Dark Jedi (55)
Hit Points: 140
Defense: 22
Attack: +14

Special Abilities:
Unique
Double Attack
Melee Attack
[Dark Armor]

Force Powers:
Force 5
Force Grip 1
[Lightsaber Deflect]
[Lightsaber Riposte]
Lightsaber Sweep

Commander Effect:
Whenever a [non-Unique] allied character without a Force rating gets a natural 1 on any roll, that character is defeated and all other allies (without a Force rating) get +2 Attack. These bonuses stack.

Notes: Vader DJ has solid stats, but he lacks the defensive abilities of more recent Vaders. Also, his CE was cool, but it needed a little work. Now it only kills non-Unique non-Force users, but it benefits all other allies everytime it kicks in.

---

Darth Vader, Sith Lord (60)
Hit Points: 160 (140)
Defense: 25 (23)
Attack: +16

Special Abilities:
Unique
Triple Attack
Melee Attack

Force Powers:
[Force 6] (Force 5)
[Lightsaber Assault]
Lightsaber Sweep
[Sith Rage]

Notes: This guy's stats were absolutely monsterous when he came out. I wanted to recreate that today. I know 25 Defense is unheard of, but I think it's time has come. Assault and Sith Rage give him a little more offensive punch.

---

Elite Snowtrooper (12)

Special Abilities:
[Synergy (+4 Attack when an allied Snowtrooper is within 6 squares)]

Notes: These guys are held back by their low Attack. Synergy not only helps that, but encourages people to play Snowtrooper swarms, which look cool. :)

---

Elite Stormtrooper (11)
Defense: 16
Attack: +12 (+8)

Notes: +8 Attack on a non-Unique was incredible in Rebel Storm. Now the Kel Dor Bounty Hunter laughs at +8 attacks. Who's laughing now?

---

Emperor Palpatine (40)
Hit Points: 130
Defense: 20

Special Abilities:
Unique

Force Powers:
Force 4
Force Renewal 1
[Force Lightning 1]
Force Lightning 2
[Force Lighting 5]
Force Storm 2

Commander Effect:
Characters in your squad can spend Emperor Palpatine's Force points. (A character still can't spend Force points more than once per turn and can't combine its own Force points with Emperor Palpatine's.)

Notes: Palpatine is still very good, but it's sad that his apprentice, and his apprentice's apprentice have stronger lightning than him. Force Lightning 5 could be great if you get it off. Force Lightning 1 makes it so Palps isn't a sitting duck the turn where he only has 1 FP.

---

General Veers (21)
Hit Points: 70

Special Abilities:
Unique

Commander Effect:
Non-Unique followers within 6 squares of this character gain Accurate Shot.

Notes: Veers needs no changes to be competitive today.

---

Grand Moff Tarkin (11)
Hit Points: 20 (40)
Defense: 11 (14)
Attack: +0 (+3)
Damage: 0 (10)

Special Abilities:
Unique
[Diplomat]

Commander Effect:
If this character has line of sight to an enemy at the start of a phase, you can activate up to 3 characters in that phase. (This can include Droid and Savage characters.)

Notes: The reduction in stats might not make sense until you see that I added the Diplomat ability. Now Tarkin can hang out in line of sight a lot easier and you can abuse his awesome CE more.

---

Heavy Stormtrooper (12)
Damage: 50 (30)

Special Abilities:
Heavy Weapon

Notes: 30 Damage was unparalleled when this guy came out. It made Heavy Weapon a worthwhile trade off. That sounds ridiculous now, but how about 50 damage? A little more enticing?

---

Imperial Officer (14)

Commander Effect:
At the end of this character's turn, 1 non-Unique follower within 6 squares can make an immediate attack [at +3 Attack].

Notes: These guys a solid, but they cost a little too much, and are usually better replaced with more troopers. I added a little punch to his CE, which might be enough to make him competitive again.

---

Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand (20)
Defense: 18
Attack: +9

Special Abilities:
Unique
Cunning Attack
Hand of the Emperor
[Lightsaber]
[Stealth]

Force Powers:
Force 3
Blaster Barrage
[Force Leap]

Notes: Mara should always have Stealth, plus that gives her access to Accurate Shot and Evade. Lightsaber just makes sense, and makes her a little more deadly (like a mini Aurra JH). I added Force Leap so she could actually do something useful with her Hand of the Emperor ability.

---

Probe Droid (8)
Attack: +1

Special Abilities:
Droid
Flight
Recon
[Self-Destruct 30] (Self-Destruct 10)
[Spotter +10]

Notes: Between Nyna and Piett, does anyone play these anymore? Self-Destruct 10 is laughable anymore, but 30 is a little more dangerous. Spotter +10 gives it some more utility and a reason to be played other than just for Recon.

---

Royal Guard (11)

Special Abilities:
[Bodyguard] (Emperor's Bodyguard)
Melee Attack
[Melee Reach 2]

Notes: Character specific Bodyguards are always bad for some reason. A little more HP, generic Bodyguard, Melee Reach 2 to reach around whoever they're bodyguarding, and these guys are decent little support characters.

---

Scout Trooper (8)

Special Abilities:
[Flanking Support]
[Sniper]
Stealth

Notes: Access to Super Stealth with Nyna has already made these guys worlds better than they were. Sniper fits with their role in Battlefront, and Flanking Support seems to be the new default ability for a Scout (and one which will be very useful on a piece with Super Stealth).

---

Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike (21)
Attack: +6 (+5)
Damage: 10 (20)

Special Abilities:
Flight
[Self-Destruct 20]
[Speed 12] (Accelerate)
Strafe Attack
[Twin Attack]

Notes: A Twin Strafe run sounds like fun. These guys didn't need as much of a boost as the Rebel Commando on Speeder, because they have access to some great CEs already.

---

Snowtrooper (7)
Hit Points: 30 (20)

Special Abilities:
[Stable Footing]

Notes: 20 HP is hardly ever better than 10 HP. 30 HP could make a difference though (and is unheard of on a 7 pt shooter). With Stable Footing, these guys could become a solid option for swap fodder.

---

Stormtrooper (5)

Notes: Already well worth their points.

---

Stormtrooper Officer (14)

Special Abilities:
Double Attack

Commander Effect:
Trooper followers within 6 squares [gain Careful Shot +3] (get +3 Attack if they do not move this turn).

Notes: I just changed the CE to a named ability so it stacks with other CEs (namely Thrawn's).

---

Sandtrooper on Dewback (15)
Attack: +8 (+4)

Special Abilities:
Momentum
[Speed 8]

Notes: Increased Attack, Damage, and range should make these guys very playable for 15 points.

---

Bespin Guard (5)
Attack: +3

Special Abilities:
Advantageous Cover

Notes: Didn't need any changes.

---

Boba Fett (50)
Hit Points: 110
Defense: 20
Attack: +13 (+12)
Damage: 30 (20)

Special Abilities:
Unique
Flight
Accurate Shot
Bounty Hunter +4
Double Attack
[Mobile Attack]

Notes: How do you make a competitive Boba Fett that's not too similar to existing ones? Some more mobility is a must--I went with Mobile Attack over Greater Mobile or Intuition. This way you're presented with the choice of a single Mobile attack or standing still and attacking twice. I wanted him to be able to do 30 damage per attack, but Cunning Attack has already been done on Boba twice, and other options didn't seem right. 30 base damage sets him apart from the other Boba's, and it makes a crit be almost as deadly as Disintegration most of the time.

---

Dengar (15)
Hit Points: 40

Special Abilities:
Unique
Bounty Hunter +4
[Careful Shot +6]
[Deadeye]

Notes: Dengar seems like he should remain a static shooter, but I maximized his potential if he stands still. He's a glass cannon for sure, but he's only 15 points, so I think this is about right.

---

Duros Mercenary (6)
Defense: 16 (14)

Special Abilities:
[Mercenary]

Notes: This guy should have Mercenary (if only so that Nym has more options for his CE). His stats were solid for 6 points already, but I increased his Defense to make up for the penalty of Mercenary.

---

Ewok (3)
Defense: 9 (12)
Attack: +1

Special Abilities:
Melee Attack
[Evade]
Swarm +1

Notes: What would it take to make people actually choose Ewoks over Ugnaughts more than they do now? More offensive ability seems too far fetched. But the little guys seem like they'd be hard to hit. I added Evade and reduced their Defense to Battle Droid level to compensate.

---

4-LOM (21)
Hit Points: 70

Special Abilities:
Unique
[Double Attack]
Droid
Bounty Hunter +4
Careful Shot +4

Notes: 4-LOM is really pretty good, but static shooters just don't hold up in today's game. Double Attack might be enough to make him worthwhile though. He's practically as good as the original RS IG-88 now (for 16 points less).

---

Gamorrean Guard (9)

Special Abilities:
Melee Attack
[Deadly Attack]
Mighty Swing
[Momentum]
[Vicious Attack]

Notes: Gamorrean needed a lot of help (as did all cheap Melee pieces). I like the idea that they are inaccurate, but they hit hard. I went with that. Now there's a 10% chance a Gamorrean will hit for 70 damage. Not too shabby for a 9 point piece.

---

IG-88 (37)
Defense: 19
Attack: +11

Special Abilities:
Unique
Droid
Bounty Hunter +4
Double Attack
[Opportunist]
[Override]

Notes: He can't hold a candle to Aurra for the same cost, so he needed something to seriously push his usefulness up. Opportunist gives him great damage output. Override adds some excellent utility (and he's expensive enough that I don't think it would be game breaking).

---

Ithorian Scout (6)
Defense: 13 (11)
Attack: +8 (+4)

Special Abilities:
Cunning Attack
Melee Attack
Stealth

Notes: These guys are already probably the most useful 6 point Fringe piece. But 2 Ugnaughts are usually better. A little more Defense and Attack can give them some more punch.

---

Jabba the Hutt (50)
Attack: +12 (+7)

Special Abilities:
Unique
Speed 2
[Disruptive]
Fringe Reinforcements 30
[Fringe Reserves 30 (On an initiative roll of 11, you may add up to 30 points of Fringe characters to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round)]
Melee Attack

Commander Effect:
[Droids are subject to these effects:] Bounty Hunter followers get [+4] (+2) Attack. [Non-Unique Fringe followers within 4 squares gain Disruptive.]

Notes: Jabba should be a piece that actually gets played often. He should be really good. Disruptive makes sense as an ability for him, and with his low speed, it will really only come into play when the enemy comes to him, which I like. Reserves make it so that he can potentially bring even more of a Fringe army with him. I changed his CE to affect Droids so IG-88 and 4-LOM aren't left out in the cold. And I increased the bonus to +4 Attack instead of +2, because +2 Attack is pretty useless. I also added a second CE that could be great. It has range 4 so that Mas can't boost it. Basically, commander effects are going to be worthless within 10 squares of Jabba now (who'll be slowly working his way forward all game to expand his Disruptive influence).

---

Jawa (5)
Defense: 11
Attack: +12 (+4)
Damage: 0 (10)

Special Abilities:
[Ion Gun +30] (Ion Gun +20)

Notes: A Jawa's usefulness is for killing Droids. I decided to try to maximize that by making it so that they don't miss Droids often (but can't generally attack anything else).

---

Lando Calrissian (16)
Hit Points: 50

Special Abilities:
Unique
[Twin Attack] (Double Attack)
[Evade]

Commander Effect:
[Fringe allies with Damage 10 who do not have Melee Attack gain +4 Attack and +10 Damage.] (Allied Bespin Guards get +2 Attack.)

Notes: How do you make a Lando that will be a decent choice over Lando DS? Give him a killer CE and some more survivability. There really aren't that many people who benefit from his CE, and no one who will be completely abusive, that I can see (Kel Dor BH comes closest). But he should be able to make a lot of bad pieces more fun to play.

---

Mon Calamari Mercenary (10)
Hit Points: 20 (10)
Defense: 13
Attack: +9 (+7)

Special Abilities:
[Deadeye] (Double Attack)
[Mercenary]

Notes: Made him a Mercenary and removed Double Attack for Nym's sake. Deadeye synergizes well with Mercenary and Double Attack. +7 Attack isn't what it used to be. No one will play a 10 pt, 10 HP piece.

---

Quarren Assassin (12)

Special Abilities:
Cunning Attack
Mobile Attack

Notes: These are already pretty competitive. 40 HP is a big improvement over 30.

---

Greedo (12)

Special Abilities:
Unique
Bounty Hunter +4
Cunning Attack
[Disintegration]

Notes: What if Greedo had rolled a 20 against Han instead of a 1?

---

Bossk (17)
Hit Points: 50 (40)

Special Abilities:
Unique
[Ambush]
Bounty Hunter +4
Double Claw Attack
[Rend +10]

Notes: Bossk's usefulness lies in his Double Claw Attack. Ambush and Rend +10 synergize with that ability. 50 HP makes him last longer.

---

Tusken Raider (4)

Special Abilities:
Melee Attack
[Advantageous Cover]
Mighty Swing

Notes: Poor Tuskens don't see much play with Stealthy Gran Raiders available. Advantageous Cover makes them a lot harder to hit.

---

Twi'lek Bodyguard (10)

Special Abilities:
Bodyguard
Melee Attack
[Evade]

Notes: All lithe females should have Evade. Also, that would make this Bodyguard still worth playing in a post-Human Bodyguard era.

---

Twi'lek Scoundrel (7)

Special Abilities:
Cunning Attack
Melee Attack
[Poison +20]
[Stealth]

Notes: Another 7 point melee piece that gets passed over in favor of the Aqualish Assassin. How about now?

---

Wampa (13)
Hit Points: 50
Attack: +10 (+7)

Special Abilities:
Savage
Double Attack
[Greater Mobile Attack]
Melee Attack
Rend +10
[Stealth]

Notes: The Wampa should be scary, and it's just not. Like, not at all. With my changes, it can actually hit hard.

Post subject: Re: Rebel Storm 2008
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:18 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I love how when people do this sort of thing they always try to beef up the "bad" characters rather than rebalance the set against the game.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:23 pm 
General
General

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I love how when people do this sort of thing they always try to beef up the "bad" characters rather than rebalance the set against the game.

What do you mean by that? My goal was to make the characters worth their cost in today's environment. For most of the characters, that required some beefing up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:25 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

shinja wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

What do you mean by that? My goal was to make the characters worth their cost in today's environment. For most of the characters, that required some beefing up.

I know, but you didn't change anything about the "too good" characters from the set. You only improved the bad pieces.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:36 pm 
General
General

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
shinja wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

I know, but you didn't change anything about the "too good" characters from the set. You only improved the bad pieces.

You think there are Rebel Storm characters that are too good in today's game? I disagree.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:28 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I think that some of the pieces from rebel storm are certainly as good today as they ever were. Certainly an Imperial trooper needs NO boost as CE's exist for such things. This is a total beef up of Rebel Storm, well Rob did that already, It was called A&E.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:52 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

shinja wrote:
You think there are Rebel Storm characters that are too good in today's game? I disagree.

Yes, I do think that.

Stormtrooper

Ummm.... okay so 1 piece. But my original point wasn't just about that, nor was it meant to down play your hard work on this. I just find it funny that the tendency is to give older characters more abilities and better stats rather than try to do a complete rebalancing of the fig.

I am guilty of this sometimes too. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:12 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

woa, a 7 point piece with 30 Hp..........

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:49 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
:saber: :saber: :saber:

Thanks for making my favourite set my newest set. *bookmark* Great job.

:dad:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:01 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

When can we anticipate Clone Strike and RotS 2008? Nice work!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:07 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Quote:
Royal Guard (11)

Special Abilities:
[Bodyguard] (Emperor's Bodyguard)
Melee Attack
[Melee Reach 2]

Notes: Character specific Bodyguards are always bad for some reason. A little more HP, generic Bodyguard, Melee Reach 2 to reach around whoever they're bodyguarding, and these guys are decent little support characters.

I have always felt the Royal Guards are a bit of a disappointment; however, their bodyguard ability should be limited in order to maintain storyline. Thinking of Vader being supported by a couple of these bodyguards while having dark armour would unbalance the game. In todays game, I believe the piece would cost less with the original stats. With recent sets offensive pieces (much like todays NFL), I do agree with the HP increase of 10. The bodyguard should be more difficult to knockout than in one hit.

Though melee reach 2 would be a nice addition, I would go in a different direction based on the Emperor's Shadow Guard (Palpatine developed a rank structure in the Royal Guards). I would add only Deadly attack to reflect the Echani fighting technique all Royal Guards were trained.