Lightsaber Duelist
Affinity: New Republic
Dark Armor

Force Powers
===========
Force 1
Mastery of the Force 2
Force renewal 2
Lightsaber Assault 2 (Replaces Attacks, Make 3 attacks against adjacent enemy's)
Lightsaber Deflect
Lightsaber Block
Force Stealth (Force 1: This character is not considered to have a Force Rating, and if this character has cover, he cannot be targeted by enemies. This effect lasts until this character makes an attack, Replaces turn)
Flow Walk (force:10 target defeated unit of cost 40 or less joins your team, You Opponent gains kill points equal to that units cost,when defeated no kill points are gained for that unit. Replaces Turn)

Commander Effect
=============
Allies Gain +4 attack against Characters with Solo Or Skywalker in there name. Enemy Characters with Solo or skywalker in there name Gain Avoid Defeat

Last edited by Elzanith on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Darth Caedus
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:20 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, first of all, the combination of Twin and Triple is just silly, IMO. Double and Twin maybe, for that cost, especially since his Force Abilities are crazy good as well.

Though I think you need to clarify Sith Lightning a little. Is it replaces attacks? Why not just use Force Lightning 5?

Not sure if Jacen should have Dark Armor. He wore the basic armor of the GAG, and he is compared to looking like Vader in the books, so I guess it fits.

Battle Meditation....duh. ;)

I really like the Commander Effect. The screwy part of giving enemy characters Avoid Defeat is definitely interesting, but I kind of like it. What made you think to add that part?

Flow Walk is a cool idea, and seems similar to Betrayal. Could possibly use a little better wording. The word 'target' doesn't make any sense, because there's really no way for you to target something that is defeated. Perhaps consider wording it this way "Flow Walk (Force 10, Replaces attacks, sight; Target enemy unit with 30 or less hit points remaining immediately joins this character's squad until the end of the skirmish, or until this character is defeated. Target enemy is moved to be immediately adjacent.)" Then it's worded to work a bit more like Betrayal. I don't think the aspect of giving the opponent victory points immediately would work too well, as most of the time, you'd probably want to use this ability on a high-cost character. So granting the opponent 50 plus points might really shoot yourself in the foot. Then again, you'd be gaining another nasty piece for your squad, so it might work. I'd have to play it a bunch to see. Like I said though, cool idea!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:29 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Flow Walk should be worded
(Force 10; Replaces Turn; Target unit is considered defeated and joins your team for the rest of the skrmish.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:40 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

flow walk is really creepy, its like run from Bane for 8 rounds then auto win

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:08 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Flow walk is a really cool idea. You'd have to run around for quite a while to pull Force 10 off though.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:10 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

definitely under-costed, but it would be a fun piece to play.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:56 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Darth Ruthven wrote:

iv uped his cost to 78 points and taken away triple attack, and replaced it with Triple Strike (i think its a fitting ability from when he took on kyle katarn and the jedi)

As for flow walk its basic idea is to allow you to bring in an opponents unit you have all ready defeated, the down side being your OPPONENT gains the kill points for that figure as a bonus.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:04 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Elzanith wrote:
Darth Ruthven wrote:

iv uped his cost to 78 points and taken away triple attack, and replaced it with Triple Strike (i think its a fitting ability from when he took on kyle katarn and the jedi)

As for flow walk its basic idea is to allow you to bring in an opponents unit you have all ready defeated, the down side being your OPPONENT gains the kill points for that figure as a bonus.

Question, do you still retain the points gained for originally killing that fig, or does your opponent get the points instead of you. Also, if the fogure is killed again, who gains the points?

"Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done." Kreia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:21 pm 

fixed that problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:30 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

Him being 78 is just ridiculous. He is worth 100.
Block-Deflect-MOTF2-FR2.
His other new abilities. The his CE. I'm a Jacen fan myself, so I'd love to see a Caedus myself. But a logical one. And personally, I think Flow Walk unnecessary. :dad:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:06 pm 

DarkLordVerjal wrote:
Him being 78 is just ridiculous. He is worth 100.
Block-Deflect-MOTF2-FR2.
His other new abilities. The his CE. I'm a Jacen fan myself, so I'd love to see a Caedus myself. But a logical one. And personally, I think Flow Walk unnecessary. :dad:

Ha this is logical one if motf was a big deal now days wouldn't loda be "broken" or under coasted? plus he is in two factions that don't really have any support at the moment. also new powers are what make things fun would people still be playing if everything had the abilitys from rebel storm?

Also His commander effect is a huge downside for him due to the fact it makes trying to kill his family (like in the books) a hell of alot harder. Also i don't really see him being under costed due to the crazy ability's of figures like loda or luke, unleashed (who is WAY under coasted). Not to mention his commander effect prevents him from being boosted since he is no longer a follower.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:24 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

please, lower R2 to R1, Caedus wasnt THAT poewrful, just pretty powful. Not even Bane or Kun got R2, so i dont think this youngling of a Sith should get it

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:25 pm 

Roque Saber wrote:
please, lower R2 to R1, Caedus wasnt THAT poewrful, just pretty powful. Not even Bane or Kun got R2, so i dont think this youngling of a Sith should get it

the ability to fight on par with the strongest jedi alive? i would call that powerful, plus with foce r2 his force abilitys would have to be cheaper or they would be useless.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:15 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more of MotF2 characters as well. Scrub republic or non-unique jedi will primarily have MotF1

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:31 am 

punxnbutter wrote:
I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more of MotF2 characters as well. Scrub republic or non-unique jedi will primarily have MotF1

Yup i wouldn't be surprised if krayt had motf4 or somthing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:27 am 

Ugh, this is what I always hated about the EU, it's a place where the authors get to have their little fantasies...which is why I often consider most EU non-canon.

I mean, how is Darth Caedus so frickin' good?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:03 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Aeimnestus wrote:
Ugh, this is what I always hated about the EU, it's a place where the authors get to have their little fantasies...which is why I often consider most EU non-canon.

I mean, how is Darth Caedus so frickin' good?

He's not really, Elzanith has a man-crush on him and made the stats reflect how he sees Caedus. Caedus is powerful, but not this powerful, IMO. Custom stats are just fun anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much.

All the published EU stuff is approved by LFL and/or whatever sub-company they have set up to handle the medium that the EU is using, be it books, games, ect. Unless specifically stated otherwise by Lucas, the EU stuff is very much canon.

Getting back to Caedus, he's roughly on-par with Luke "now" in the story. These stats don't reflect "on-par" at all. But I'll state again that custom stats are just for fun, so they're fine.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:47 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

actually i see caedus as the greatest of the sith, why you ask, it's simple, most sith use traditional techniques that are also used by the jedi. jacen has taken those techniques and melded them with independent force traditions that he has studied. It makes him far more diverse in the combat arena. he is a master swordsman, on par with luke, and is stronger in the force, as well as younger. this piece is perhaps one of the best sith lords i have seen, but his commander affect is going to make things difficult sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:56 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

greatwarlord wrote:
actually i see caedus as the greatest of the sith, why you ask, it's simple, most sith use traditional techniques that are also used by the jedi. jacen has taken those techniques and melded them with independent force traditions that he has studied. It makes him far more diverse in the combat arena. he is a master swordsman, on par with luke, and is stronger in the force, as well as younger. this piece is perhaps one of the best sith lords i have seen, but his commander affect is going to make things difficult sometimes.

He's not stronger in the Force. Lucas himself has stated multiple times that Anakin/Luke Skywalker are the most powerful force users in the galaxy. no matter how powerful Jacen gets, he will never be more powerful than his uncle.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:07 pm 

greatwarlord wrote:

Some on i agree with =D and even if he isent more powerfull in the force he can be a much better swordsman ;) plus jacen has the darkside to back him up =D :maul: