Black Sun Thug

Savage Oppress 43

Hit Points: 110
Defense: 18
Attack: 10
Damage: 30

Special Abilities
Unique
Nightbrother (Counts as a character whose name contains Nightsister)
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Momentum (If this character has moved this turn, he gets +4 Attack and +10 Damage against adjacent enemies)
Charging Assault +10 (Replaces turn: Can move up to double speed, then make an attack at +10 Damage against an adjacent enemy)
Parry (When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Dark Armor (Whenever this character takes damage, he reduces the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 11. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.)
Internal Strife (On an attack roll of natural 1, this character joins the opponent's squad until the end of the skirmish)

Force Powers
Force 5
Force Repulse 4 (Force 4, replaces attacks: 40 damage to all characters within 4 squares; push back Huge or smaller characters to 5 squares from this character)
Sith Grip 2 (Force 4, replaces attacks: sight; 40 damage to target and to each enemy character adjacent to that target)
Lightsaber Assault (Force 1, replaces attacks: Make 2 attacks)
Indiscriminate Rage (Force 1: +2 Attack and +10 Damage until the end of this character's turn. At the end of that turn, make a save of 11. If the save fails, this character gains Savage.)

Flavor Text: "Savage Oppress was a brutish weapon forged by Darkside alchemy and unmitigated rage"

I like my version better :p but not taking anything away from the design team... they do a great job overall; I just think he should've had at least Dark Armor and/or Parry. He clearly was a big damage dealer who could parry many attacks and take blaster shots from the armor that Mother Tauzen made for him. My version has his HP, defense, & attack fairly low for the cost to help balance him out; internal strife helps that cause as well, and clearly reflects the character as portrayed in the tv series... oh well :)

Last edited by HanSolo79 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:27 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Savage Opress
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:09 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Whats up Han!

What was your reasoning with Dark Armor? Doesnt seem to fit the flavor of the character. Not sure about Ambushm he is not going to sneak up on you, he is going to walk up and runn and smack you in the face, which is why I like momentum on him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:25 pm 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Well if not armor then damage reduction, this guy took shots to the body like a boss and didn't even slow down

I like it, though I thought of him more with savage and charging.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

GeneralGrievous wrote:
Well if not armor then damage reduction, this guy took shots to the body like a boss and didn't even slow down

I like it, though I thought of him more with savage and charging.

Yah that was where I got the idea for Dark Armor (Dark Armor had Sith Alchemic properties and Mother Tauzen, who provided the armor, certainly was a Darkside Alchemist amongst other things)

You know Griev, I like the idea of Charging Assault +10... About having Savage... I know he was a brute and all that but having Savage straight up might not fit him completely, as he was trained by Ventress and Dooku, thereby controllable; Indiscriminate Rage might be what we're looking for. I'm going to drop Ambush (although he did get the jump on Obi/Ani, Dooku and the Toydarian Royalty) and replace it with Charging Assault +10 and see how that works.

The thing I think Im going to add to him and test out, besides C.A.+10 & Indiscriminate Rage, is Internal Strife. He clearly switched sides a few times and then joined his own side when he turned on Ventress and Dooku... thats why I love posting character ideas here: get all sorts of ideas bouncing around until something thats near "perfect" comes out of it. Fun, I'll have some more play testing to do :maul: